2023 Fall Camp | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Fall Camp

Reaction Score
I thought Murawski was slated for guard? Thought the possibility of Hayes moving to C and Murawski playing G.
His height makes me think he's more of a tackle, RT potentially.

The current OL had 4 returning starters and two guys who have some experience (Fortin & Yakari), but there will definitely be an opportunity to grab some PT as the extra OL or even beat out one of the latter two guys.

Carsten Casady is someone I'm very high on.

Reaction Score

If we can get some production out of the transfers and our quality at QB steps up a level some surprises could be in store. This first week is always a risky one though and my fingers are crossed that these guys can build a foundation and come out strong and healthy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His height makes me think he's more of a tackle, RT potentially.

The current OL had 4 returning starters and two guys who have some experience (Fortin & Yakari), but there will definitely be an opportunity to grab some PT as the extra OL or even beat out one of the latter two guys.

Carsten Casady is someone I'm very high on.

I would think Lundt is more vulnerable than Senn but what do I know.

I go back to Mora talking about Haynes showing NFL scouts he can handle all three interior line positions for draftability.

I don't trust Martin at all at C. He was one of the better linemen in 2021 but really showed his lack of agility compared to the 2022 linemen. Martin did have some good short yardage plays as a sixth lineman and I trust him in those plays.

Reaction Score

I go back to Mora talking about Haynes showing NFL scouts he can handle all three interior line positions for draftability.

I don't trust Martin at all at C. He was one of the better linemen in 2021 but really showed his lack of agility compared to the 2022 linemen. Martin did have some good short yardage plays as a sixth lineman and I trust him in those plays.
Martin???? Who the heck is Martin? Did imiss something?

Reaction Score

So from Camp, if Haynes goes to center, Fortin moves to guard. If Haynes is a guard then either fortin/Walker at center. My guess is the staff wants one of the two guys fortin/Walker to solidify that center position. If they both can’t do it, then we see Haynes at center.

Reaction Score
IIRC hasn't there been talk that we mat see Haynes moved from G to C? Makes a ton of sense. Goal us always to have the best 5 up front.
Personally, I'm looking fwd to seeing some other OL push to crack the starting 5. We've got tons of beef on the depth chart now, some which are problem not just bigger, but more talented. If they can break through, without us falling up front too much, we should be even better at the midway point and back end of our season because of it

Reaction Score
Any noise from either the big ugly we got from ‘Bama or the one who left Michigan? I was hoping to hear that they were starting to show this year, even if they don’t crack the starting OL.

Reaction Score
So from Camp, if Haynes goes to center, Fortin moves to guard. If Haynes is a guard then either fortin/Walker at center. My guess is the staff wants one of the two guys fortin/Walker to solidify that center position. If they both can’t do it, then we see Haynes at center.

Haynes specifically called out Dayne Shor as a guy who has stepped up in practice. He's a redshirt sophomore so he is probably a little further along physically as well. He is probably competing for guard.

Reaction Score
Haynes specifically called out Dayne Shor as a guy who has stepped up in practice. He's a redshirt sophomore so he is probably a little further along physically as well. He is probably competing for guard.
I do know that, but just relaying what was told to me.

Reaction Score
Though he is a redshirt sophomore, this will only be his second academic year in college. Spring 2022 he joined Alabama, and then transferred, which caused him to lose a year of eligibility, but since he didn’t play he just gets it back as a redshirt.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'm more along the lines of if Haynes plays center, Murawski moves to guard. I haven't seen or heard anything of Walker. He still seems light and small but if he's a powerhouse like Mo Petrus was, put him in there and see what he can do.

Reaction Score
If you believe in signs that UConn's luck has turned for the better, look no further than the weather. Football weather right on cue.

Reaction Score

-> Mora emphasized that the quarterbacks are in an open competition. “It’s anything but clear-cut,” he said. “It’s a very healthy competition.”

-After watching Maine transfer Joseph Fagnano in the first open practice, it’s clear he has a big arm and the ability to push Ta’Quan Roberson, last year’s opening-day starter who transferred over from Penn State, and Zion Turner, the Florida product who started 12 games as a true freshman. Whoever ends up the backup will also have pressure from a talented third-stringer.“You’d love it to be clear-cut. Hopefully as we go through the next two to three weeks it gets more defined for us,” Mora said. <-

-> Four starters return on the offensive line, which was one of the most impressive turnaround jobs last year, going from struggling to competent in 2022. This group includes All-American guard Christian Haynes. “We brung back a lot of guys, and I feel like we’re very comfortable with each other,” Haynes said. “Anybody can be that fifth guy, there’s going to be a lot of competition [for the fifth spot].” He added that among the younger guys, Alabama transfer Dayne Shor has been impressive early. “He’s been really improved from spring to now.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom