2023 Fall Camp | Page 20 | The Boneyard

2023 Fall Camp

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The story behind today should be interesting when it eventually comes out.

I'm bored and have the idle mind time to go down rabbit holes.

It's going to be Fagnano and Roberson this season.

I go back to the comment of Turner having a "tired arm" from Friday and keep thinking that's a great reason to justify limiting his snaps this season, build up his arm strength and redshirt him. No different than an MLB team shutting down a pitcher for a season.

Reaction Score
If Fagnano won the competition and it isn't just an injury thing that pushed him over the edge, I think that's the best case scenario. Roberson has barely played the last few years and Zion still needed a lot of development after last season.

Reaction Score
The problem is if #2 has a lights out game and sparks an upset, now you've got a (self-inflicted) QB controversy. There's no advantage gained by announcing now if you aren't sure.
If who we thought was our back up QB has a lights out game against NC State and we win, that's a problem? I'd be willing to pay a huge price to take that and move on to Georgia State right now.

Reaction Score
Data models/predictive analytics are built with historical data to predict future performance.

Really? I’ll remember that in my next sales meeting. There is no historical data on this years teams.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If who we thought was our back up QB has a lights out game against NC State and we win, that's a problem? I'd be willing to pay a huge price to take that and move on to Georgia State right now.

Wally Pipp vehemently disagrees with this viewpoint.

Reaction Score
Really? I’ll remember that in my next sales meeting. There is no historical data on this years teams.
I didnt say that, you did. Data on this years team right now, available to the media to make predictions is based on which season exactly? This year that hasn't occured yet or many prior years of data? Thats historical data...

What you are saying (from the way I read it) is you want to predict this years results on this years results. I bet I could be 100% accurate with those predictions...

Maybe it is a misunderstanding in what we are each writing, so I will just leave it at this...

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Keep in mind I was responding to a post that said, we should announce a particular QB was the best, but the other guy is going to start due to injury.

I wasn't arguing that, the win was a problem (clearly a win is the best case, regardless)... but if you weren't sure who would start, then, when there wasn't a clear #1 going into the final week... why would you say hey this is our best guy, but we're going to start someone else due to injury?

If you get the win (a good thing)... Week 2 comes up.. you've gotten a big upset with your "back-up;" do you go with the "back-up" who proved themself against high-level competition, or the guy you anointed the starter, who did nothing other than get injured. It's a recipe to divide the fan-base and potentially, the locker-room... for no reason other than to answer a question that did not need to be answered at that point.

In that scenario most coaches would've said something like we're dealing with a few nicks and we want to see how things play out before arriving at a final decision for next Thursday. Announce as your starter whomever is ready that day and then if you see the tape and want to keep the "back-up" in, no one knows. If you want to make a change, you mention that the "starter" was ahead all camp, but hadn't been able to shake some injuries in time to make the opening day start. No controversy, no drama.

Edit - That was entirely too much explanation of a hypothetical that isn't an issue anymore, since they've decided on the starter.

Reaction Score
They already know who the starter is… if they’re having a closed practice must be for a good reason and probably don’t want media to have any type of videos being recorded from practice.
G, you surprised?

Reaction Score
G, you surprised?
Not really, i do have my reservations about FCS qbs coming in and starting at the FBS level because was burned by Edsall 2.0 about how that went the last time we went that route. Then again, Mora has proven he has an eye for evaluating and Charlton has stated this is the best o-line he has ever been around. And the staff has a better judgement on the qb. Me thinks JF may be a better decision maker than TQ hence why he is starting. Also from watching some of JF film, he can stand in the pocket and deliver some nice throws. JF now has to prove to every other fan that he is the best qb to lead the team for the fans to trust Mora and co decision to start him.

Reaction Score
The strong consensus leading up was Roberson will be the starter, so Fagnano being named is a bit surprising.

If he won on demonstrated superior performance, and not solely because of injury, then I’m excited about the decision.

Especially considering that Roberson reportedly showed much improvement over last year. I would’ve been very satisfied with Roberson starting after all the accolades he was receiving.

If Fagnano is better than a markedly improved Roberson, then UConn has a deep, talented QB corps.

Reaction Score
Not really, i do have my reservations about FCS qbs coming in and starting at the FBS level because was burned by Edsall 2.0 about how that went the last time we went that route. Then again, Mora has proven he has an eye for evaluating and Charlton has stated this is the best o-line he has ever been around. And the staff has a better judgement on the qb. Me thinks JF may be a better decision maker than TQ hence why he is starting. Also from watching some of JF film, he can stand in the pocket and deliver some nice throws. JF now has to prove to every other fan that he is the best qb to lead the team for the fans to trust Mora and co decision to start him.
That was a division 2 QB.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else have the problem on UConn+ where the audio cuts out randomly? I end up refreshing the page 5+ times just to finish one of these episodes.
Problem i have on FireTV is the screen saver comes on if the video is too long.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom