2023-24 Transfer portal announcements | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023-24 Transfer portal announcements

Reaction Score
If she’s a Grad Xfer (which is possible), then there are no rules against that.

The tweet I posted stated she was a non-graduate transfer. That situation doesn't apply here.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Don’t know if true but read shed play 2024-2025 season

Even if she doesn't plan to play until one season from now, she could still make a decision and enroll at her new school in January; guess she would be considered a redshirt.

If she's not gonna enroll somewhere until next summer or Fall, seems so far in advance to enter the transfer portal (not that it really matters as she's not enrolled anywhere this semester). Perhaps she wants to start a bidding war and give all interested parties plenty of time to get their NIL deals ready!

As others have stated, different rules apply to grad-transfers. She already transferred once as an undergraduate and received her one-time exception for immediate eligibility at Miam. Transferring a second time doesn't come with automatic immediate eligibility unless she is a grad-transfer. Guess I assumed she graduates from Miami this past Spring.

Reaction Score
Jersey Wolfenbarger will be entering the portal. She's informed the Arkansas staff of her intention to transfer, per Twitter.

Jersey is a good kid, but her head and heart have not seemed to be focused on basketball for the past couple years. I wish her well, wherever she lands. Very curious to see where it might be.

Reaction Score
Jersey Wolfenbarger will be entering the portal. She's informed the Arkansas staff of her intention to transfer, per Twitter.

Jersey is a good kid, but her head and heart have not seemed to be focused on basketball for the past couple years. I wish her well, wherever she lands. Very curious to see where it might be.
Meant to include the tweet:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, she has to wait until after the Spring semester to enroll at a new school? I thought mid-year transfers were still allowed, just not receiving immediate eligibility come late December / early January.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A big loss for Arkansas, you got to think Mike Neighbors seat is getting a little warm. This season has to go well or else the questions surrounding his future tenure will rise.

Reaction Score
A big loss for Arkansas, you got to think Mike Neighbors seat is getting a little warm. This season has to go well or else the questions surrounding his future tenure will rise.
She always seemed to be more about potential than consistent production. She certainly has the measurables. Did she play injured last season as her production decreased?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
This tweet states Wolfenbarger has already entered the transfer portal

Reaction Score
Whether she's entered the portal yet or not, it's my understanding that she hasn't been with the team for about a week or so. They had two closed door scrimmages (one with TCU, one with Tulsa). Jersey played in the first but afterwards informed the coaches she wouldn't be playing in the second.

Reaction Score
Whether she's entered the portal yet or not, it's my understanding that she hasn't been with the team for about a week or so. They had two closed door scrimmages (one with TCU, one with Tulsa). Jersey played in the first but afterwards informed the coaches she wouldn't be playing in the second.
You have an idea as to the issue? She seemed to be productive on their European tour.

Reaction Score
You have an idea as to the issue? She seemed to be productive on their European tour.
What I have heard -- third or fourth hand, so take it fwiw -- is that her family is pressuring her about both basketball and her non-basketball life, and it's gotten to the point that she just doesn't like basketball anymore. In HS, she trained non-stop. Now, her heart just doesn't seem to be in it. I don't think that -- from Jersey's perspective, anyway -- it's a playing time issue or a bad relationship with the staff. But like I said ... not an insider.

Reaction Score
What I have heard -- third or fourth hand, so take it fwiw -- is that her family is pressuring her about both basketball and her non-basketball life, and it's gotten to the point that she just doesn't like basketball anymore. In HS, she trained non-stop. Now, her heart just doesn't seem to be in it. I don't think that -- from Jersey's perspective, anyway -- it's a playing time issue or a bad relationship with the staff. But like I said ... not an insider.

If that's the case, that's unfortunate. This is way too common in all sports sadly.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah his results at Arkansas have been fairly mediocre. He's had talent there. I've been convinced for a while now that Plum made him look like a much, much better coach than he actually is.

Reaction Score
Yeah his results at Arkansas have been fairly mediocre. He's had talent there. I've been convinced for a while now that Plum made him look like a much, much better coach than he actually is.
For sure. Neighbors used to joke in press conferences about how they don’t work on rebounding. Don’t coach it, don’t practice it. I knew when a freshman Aliyah Boston ate up 25 boards in a game that the Arkansas program had a permanent ceiling.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
For sure. Neighbors used to joke in press conferences about how they don’t work on rebounding. Don’t coach it, don’t practice it. I knew when a freshman Aliyah Boston ate up 25 boards in a game that the Arkansas program had a permanent ceiling.
He didn't need to worry so much about rebounding when he had Osahor at UW, but she was pretty much a one of a kind player. Hasn't had anyone remotely like that during his time at Arkansas.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
He didn't need to worry so much about rebounding when he had Osahor at UW, but she was pretty much a one of a kind player. Hasn't had anyone remotely like that during his time at Arkansas.
I've never seen a player heave shots from behind the arc with her feet always firmly planted on the ground, but that so reliably went in. Truly a one-of-a-kind player!

Reaction Score
Man, that’s a trip down memory lane. Osahor got me into WBB. I was at a sports bar and the UW/Kentucky S16 game was on. I remember watching a player who was both nailing set-shot threes and regularly falling out of frame as her teammates ran up and down the court.

She was a special talent and played much bigger than her size. I wish she’d been able to stick in the W, but she seems very happy in coaching.

Reaction Score
Interesting and confusing at the same time. Thought she had gotten her waiver per previous posts on social media.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom