2023-24 Transfer portal announcements | The Boneyard

2023-24 Transfer portal announcements

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
In this day and age of college BB, it's never too early to start this thread. There's another one created for the landing spot for transfers (Link here)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In this day and age of college BB, it's never too early to start this thread. There's another one created for the landing spot for transfers (Link here)

Man. At this point in the off-season, I hope she has some options to land somewhere.

Had seen on a Twitter post that 45% of men's D1 players will not have a school to play for this season. While the numbers are lower for WBB, it's a sobering thought at the same time.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what happened with Jennah Issai. She started at Oregon and mod season transferred to BYU but I thought I had seen her enter the portal again this summer but I may be mistaken.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what happened with Jennah Issai. She started at Oregon and mod season transferred to BYU but I thought I had seen her enter the portal again this summer but I may be mistaken.
No idea where she's landed. Definitely not on the BYU roster, but could it be due to the fact she entered the portal after the cut off? Women's Basketball 2023-2024

Per this article from April, she's been battling bulimia. Maybe she's in a situation similar to Sasha Goforth of Arkansas where she's taking a step away to get better. Hoping that she's winning the battle as this is a nasty disease.

Reaction Score
No idea where she's landed. Definitely not on the BYU roster, but could it be due to the fact she entered the portal after the cut off? Women's Basketball 2023-2024

Per this article from April, she's been battling bulimia. Maybe she's in a situation similar to Sasha Goforth of Arkansas where she's taking a step away to get better. Hoping that she's winning the battle as this is a nasty disease.
Jenna Isai has also left the BYU program. Clearly her checkered college career has been the result of her illness. Best wishes to Jenna in her struggle and hope to see her on the court again.

Reaction Score
Jenna Isai has also left the BYU program. Clearly her checkered college career has been the result of her illness. Best wishes to Jenna in her struggle and hope to see her on the court again.

Oh dear. There have been cases where players have to medically retire but they're still associated with the team in some capacity (e.g. manager). Don't know if that's an option here however.

Reaction Score
Don’t know if this belongs here, as I don’t see an entry into the portal, but Piath Gabriel is no longer listed on UMass roster and did not join the team on their trip to Croatia and Europe :(

Reaction Score
Don’t know if this belongs here, as I don’t see an entry into the portal, but Piath Gabriel is no longer listed on UMass roster and did not join the team on their trip to Croatia and Europe :(

She did enter the portal. Although not sure if she’s found a school

Reaction Score
Man. At this point in the off-season, I hope she has some options to land somewhere.

Had seen on a Twitter post that 45% of men's D1 players will not have a school to play for this season. While the numbers are lower for WBB, it's a sobering thought at the same time.
That 45% number is staggering. Hopefully those players can find a school at some point. Even though the women's numbers are low, it is still a tough pill to swallow. I am sure programs and their athletic department leaders are talking to players, making sure these players are aware of the pros & cons of transferring.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately that is the risk you take when you enter the portal. Unless you are highly recruited or a decent role player, its a dangerous game to play, could end up not getting picked up by someone. Schools may have spots but they may save those spots for HS recruits or something better in the portal the following year.

Reaction Score
Stanford and Cal entered the transfer portal as do not contact and will be playing for the ACC in the 2024-25 season. The same for SMU. ;)

Prediction or official? I recall there being an ACC meeting today.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Prediction or official? I recall there being an ACC meeting today.
Appears to be a fact, rumor has it that NC State flipped their vote to yes, allowing the latest defections.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom