2022 UConn Football Transfers on Campus | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Transfers on Campus

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Shady is the wrong word and on this subject word choice matters.

His path to UConn is hardy unusual. Anyone going to step up and throw "shade" on our other more lauded transfers? For several of them UConn is their third school...or fourth and I would say we are very glad to have all of them regardless of the steps it took to land here.
I hate to perpetuate this discussion...but it is off season...what is unique is that he transferred from a P5 school to an FCS school...didn't win the starting job...then transferred here. I don't remember another quarterback at UConn with a similar path.

Again...it doesn't really matter...and he does have a good pedigree and I hope the QB competition is fierce....but it was a unique journey (not shady).

Reaction Score
Cale tape - Threw 51 touchdowns to seven interceptions while completing 75.9 percent of his passes and throwing for 3,807 yards as a senior.

extremely impressive throwing and running. He is very mobile for a 6'4 QB

Reaction Score
This was a high school tape but... there were a number of throws that can really put pressure on a defense. If we can get to the point where we are hitting on 3 step drops with receivers running the hash marks and numbers and being hit in stride we be will playing football in the new era which has eluded us up to now. We have the receivers to make this happen it is on the OC to coach it up, the O-line to not break down and the QB to be able to make the throws. Having a QB with good feet is a big part of having a successful play when things do not go as planned. Looking forward to this season in a big way.

Reaction Score
Shady is probably the wrong word...but his path has had enough turns to wonder exactly what kind of QB he will be here.

More importantly....it's nice to have options and hopefully depth.
You call a human being “shady” and when asked for a reason the closest you can come to apologizing and saying you said it for no reason at all is “shady is probably the wrong word?” Come on, you’re better than that.

Reaction Score
young man can throw that thing all around the feel. Pushes the ball down the field well and in tight spots... He's no slouch at QB that's for sure...
He also manages to keep plays alive. Didn’t see many if any runs, but he managed to avoid the rush and hit guys who got open. Definitely a pass first guy, but not a statue back there

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
You call a human being “shady” and when asked for a reason the closest you can come to apologizing and saying you said it for no reason at all is “shady is probably the wrong word?” Come on, you’re better than that.
I wasn't the one who said shady.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Tim Boyle couldn't win the QB job at UCONN now look at him. Millen has talent so that's a good starting point.
Doesn't that Boyle thing make you double take and choke?

Reaction Score
Doesn't that Boyle thing make you double take and choke?
No Shirreffs was the better QB. We didn't have the supporting cast (players or coaches) for a drop back passer at the time, a running QB was a necessity. It was just bad timing for UCONN and Boyle. Boyle also blossomed late, burning his redshirt was dumb.

Hopefully Millen's timing with his other schools was bad and he is also a late bloomer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is it possible that the reason CM was buried on the depth chart at NA is because he was still recovering from shoulder surgery?

Reaction Score
Is it possible that the reason CM was buried on the depth chart at NA is because he was still recovering from shoulder surgery?
Yes it is a good possibility. I think some in this post is selling Cale short. He is going to compete for a starting role. No one is named a starter yet. Let the competition begin.

Reaction Score
What is "shady" about this background? He turned down other scholarships to try the walk on route to QB at Oregon, a tact that is not wholly unheard of for the top tier football schools (remember Baker Mayfield?). After that he went to N. Arizona where he didn't manage to dethrone their senior QB. Maybe he was injured...maybe he was told that the plan was to sit a year and then he would have a real shot this coming fall. Regardless, what is shady about this path?
He had scholarship at Oregon changed positions took his ball and left. Sat took his ball again 3 schools in three years that doesn’t raise a eye brow to any of yall?

Reaction Score
He had scholarship at Oregon changed positions took his ball and left. Sat took his ball again 3 schools in three years that doesn’t raise a eye brow to any of yall?
No not at all. Plenty of QB's transfer multiple times and even if it raises an eyebrow about his ability "Shady" is not the appropriate term. Shady suggests some type of wrong doing. Somehow I bet you don't think Krajewski is being "Shady" for transferring.

You might want to quit this thread. It's not a good look for you.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You are new to college football. Grab a seat and pay attention.

Reaction Score
No it doesn’t

Reaction Score
If he was “shady” I trust Mora would not be interested. In Mora I trust!

Reaction Score
I appreciate the discussion with minimal news coming out, but the most important thing is we have legitimate multiple options at the position for first time in years ( maybe best stocked ever in D 1 era at least on paper) and that is great.

Reaction Score
No not at all. Plenty of QB's transfer multiple times and even if it raises an eyebrow about his ability "Shady" is not the appropriate term. Shady suggests some type of wrong doing. Somehow I bet you don't think Krajewski is being "Shady" for transferring.

If you think it’s normal, for whatever reason, that a player transfers 3 years in a row than you know nothing about commitment. Krajewski stuck out four hard years with Edsall and never quit. He gave everything he had to UConn and never complained once. That’s a character and integrity you want in a player. If Mora had been here in his first year Steven Krajewski would’ve developed into a much better QB and possibly a three year starter.

As far as his transfer goes , he’s a graduate transfer and there’s nothing shady about that. In fact, Mora has much respect for Steven Krajewski as evidenced by his post on Twitter.

I’m throwing my hat in the ring and guessing that Roberson will be QB1, with Millen and the true freshman competing for QB2. I think they will hold off on Tyler Phommachanh to make sure he is 100% healthy. Maybe let him play in four games and save another red shirt season.

Reaction Score
If you think it’s normal, for whatever reason, that a player transfers 3 years in a row than you know nothing about commitment. Krajewski stuck out four hard years with Edsall and never quit. He gave everything he had to UConn and never complained once. That’s a character and integrity you want in a player. If Mora had been here in his first year Steven Krajewski would’ve developed into a much better QB and possibly a three year starter.

As far as his transfer goes , he’s a graduate transfer and there’s nothing shady about that. In fact, Mora has much respect for Steven Krajewski as evidenced by his post on Twitter.

I’m throwing my hat in the ring and guessing that Roberson will be QB1, with Millen and the true freshman competing for QB2. I think they will hold off on Tyler Phommachanh to make sure he is 100% healthy. Maybe let him play in four games and save another red shirt season.

Learn to add. This is Millen's second transfer, only one more than your boy. You and your alter ego are acting like sore losers. Everyone here wishes Steven Krajewski good luck BTW.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if Millen's second transfer was only considered because Mora, a friend of his father's, was back in coaching.

Reaction Score

Shady not as he’s shady.. shady as in it’s suspect he ones and dones after not playing. Never once made this about a former player. But hey think whatcha want. If you think a kid who couldn’t start at a fcs school willl start over Roberson y’all are nuts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom