2022 UConn Football Transfers on Campus | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Transfers on Campus

Reaction Score

George Caratan is a 6-2 210lb Punter from California>St. Thomas More, Oakdale CT>University of Michigan>University of Arkansas>Mississippi Gulf Coast CC (JUCO):

Reaction Score
Cale is being seen as someone that will come in and take the reins ..... I get he hasn't even practiced with the team yet...and his lack of gameplay at his last stop..... call it a strong hunch .... Mora is really high on him. Looking forward to summer practice!

Reaction Score
Cale is being seen as someone that will come in and take the reins ..... I get he hasn't even practiced with the team yet...and his lack of gameplay at his last stop..... call it a strong hunch .... Mora is really high on him. Looking forward to summer practice!
I don’t see it. There is something there that he didn’t even get 4 games in mop up duty at Oregon and then transferred northern Arizona. Then at Northern Az threw only 15 passes. Either it’s a talent problem or attitude problem. Whatever it is it’ll be Roberson job to lose. Millen daddy being friends with Mora will only get him so far

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
You seem pretty confident on this prediction....you say Mora is really high on him...was that a public comment? Or did you hear that from him directly?

Reaction Score
Agree. He’s only one with game exp also highest recruit I am not sold on millen shady background
His game experience is less than a game. That doesn't seem like enough to hand the kid the job. He may well win it but for now there is still a competition.

Reaction Score
Agree. He’s only one with game exp also highest recruit I am not sold on millen shady background
Millen has a connection to Mora through family I believe. He was a highly rated recruit going into Oregon so he may surprise us, but from what I saw, Roberson (Turner and Tyler as well) are the type of QB Mora and Charlton want to run the offense.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What is "shady" about this background? He turned down other scholarships to try the walk on route to QB at Oregon, a tact that is not wholly unheard of for the top tier football schools (remember Baker Mayfield?). After that he went to N. Arizona where he didn't manage to dethrone their senior QB. Maybe he was injured...maybe he was told that the plan was to sit a year and then he would have a real shot this coming fall. Regardless, what is shady about this path?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Btw - have you watched his HS tape? I happen to think Millen will be giving Roberson a challenge. Not saying he will win the challenge, but there is no doubt to me he his coming here to challenge and his mindset will be to win....and Mora's mindset is that he will be given the chance.

Bio from N. Arizona roster page:
Played at Mount Si High School in Snoqualmie, Wash.... Finished his high school career with 104 touchdown passes, 8,288 yards and a 69.7 completion percentage... Named First Team All-State by the Seattle Times and KingCo League Co-Offensive MVP as a senior... Threw 51 touchdowns to seven interceptions while completing 75.9 percent of his passes and throwing for 3,807 yards as a senior... Also rushed for three scores and 453 yards... Threw 35 touchdowns to five interceptions as a junior, finishing with 2,743 passing yards and a 67.4 completion percentage... Named First Team All-KingCo League as a junior... Rated as a top 5 player in Washington by ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports.

Reaction Score
What is "shady" about this background? He turned down other scholarships to try the walk on route to QB at Oregon, a tact that is not wholly unheard of for the top tier football schools (remember Baker Mayfield?). After that he went to N. Arizona where he didn't manage to dethrone their senior QB. Maybe he was injured...maybe he was told that the plan was to sit a year and then he would have a real shot this coming fall. Regardless, what is shady about this path?

he was a scholarship player at Oregon and played special teams/WR his RS-Freshman year to get on the field and help the team. I don't know where the notion that he was a walk-on is coming from.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
he was a scholarship player at Oregon and played special teams/WR his RS-Freshman year to get on the field and help the team. I don't know where the notion that he was a walk-on is coming from.
My bad. Thought I read that somewhere early on....

Point remains, I haven't found anything shady about this kid. All indications are that he is coming to compete....and not coming to simply hold down the bench.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All indications are that he is coming to compete....and not coming to simply hold down the bench.
I get that family connections is probably why he got a look. But I reject the idea Mora is bringing him in just to do a favor for a buddy. That's sounds like projection to me.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Cale tape - Threw 51 touchdowns to seven interceptions while completing 75.9 percent of his passes and throwing for 3,807 yards as a senior.

Reaction Score
Only thing I can think of is that UConn was the 4th school he has committed to in the last 3-4 years but kids decommitting while in high school is not uncommon.

Reaction Score
Millen had great HS stats and he was buried on the Oregon QB depth chart by top rated recruits and Anthony Brown from BC. And, Millen hurt his right should his freshman season and redshirted. A school like Oregon is bringing in top 10 QBs every season so many are bound to transfer. Oregon's starting QB in 2020, Tyler Shough, transferred to Texas Tech and won the starting job before getting injured. Who knows what happened at NAU.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
My bad. Thought I read that somewhere early on....

Point remains, I haven't found anything shady about this kid. All indications are that he is coming to compete....and not coming to simply hold down the bench.
Shady is probably the wrong word...but his path has had enough turns to wonder exactly what kind of QB he will be here.

More importantly....it's nice to have options and hopefully depth.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Shady is probably the wrong word...but his path has had enough turns to wonder exactly what kind of QB he will be here.

More importantly....it's nice to have options and hopefully depth.
Shady is the wrong word and on this subject word choice matters.

His path to UConn is hardy unusual. Anyone going to step up and throw "shade" on our other more lauded transfers? For several of them UConn is their third school...or fourth and I would say we are very glad to have all of them regardless of the steps it took to land here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cale tape - Threw 51 touchdowns to seven interceptions while completing 75.9 percent of his passes and throwing for 3,807 yards as a senior.

young man can throw that thing all around the feel. Pushes the ball down the field well and in tight spots... He's no slouch at QB that's for sure...

Reaction Score

A lot to like. I hope the shoulder injury did not affect his mechanics. But he can scramble too. This is gonna be a very interesting competition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom