Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last 2 games we scored just 3 total runs after the 1st inning. Even for all the what-ifs, the offensive production just wasn't there during the course of the game. Props to the Stanford pitching for shutting our bats down.

Hey, it was a great year and a heckuva run for UConn. Just went up against a better team. We'll be back.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haven’t been posting much this year, and at all during the postseason, because the team seemed to play better when I didn’t, and like most here I’m a sucker for mojo. But what a great season we’ve had, in a year where we came in thinking it would be a little bit of a transitionary season and then had our best player go down for the year to boot. We (likely have) lost to a better team. A team we’re good enough to beat, but just didn’t have it today. Can’t wait to see how 2023 looks.

Reaction Score
Starting to get annoyed with the negativity here. These are college kids facing the #2 team in the country and hanging in there.
I totally get it, but also understand that it’s just some people venting because it feels like we squandered many opportunities in this game.

Fans get emotional and sometimes venting to other fans let’s them release those emotions.

Yes, there’s always some that are always negative but that doesn’t apply to everyone.

Just my $0.02. And this game isn’t over either.

Edit: Now it is. Rough game for Donlan, congrats to Stanford. Great year this year, still tough to swallow.

Reaction Score
With this massively successful season now coming to an end, I must say how proud I am of this team and this coaching staff. A team with 50 wins, national recognition and the most talented roster in years. This team has a young core, a talented nucleus that will carry this program forward and onward to bigger and better things. This program will get to Omaha, it just wasn’t meant to be this year. We should ALL thank @huskymedic and @dbmill for the work they do for us in keeping us updated on the team. It’s a pleasure posting on these baseball boards and providing any information I can. I look forward to following this team in the summer and the great fall reports and interviews. As always, go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
In addition to what I said before, reaching the super regionals is a big step for UConn baseball, it gets UConn baseball more noticed on a national level. Hopefully UConn baseball can keep getting to the NCAA Tournament, and build on that and this big step of getting to the super regionals that they took this season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Okay… well great season. I’m sorry it couldn’t have gone just a little bit longer.

Reaction Score
I totally get it, but also understand that it’s just some people venting because it feels like we squandered many opportunities in this game.

Fans get emotional and sometime venting to other fans let’s them release those emotions.

Yes, there’s always some that are always negative but that doesn’t apply to everyone.

Just my $0.02. And this game isn’t over either.
Yeah I don’t see anything overly negative here. Certainly nothing as heinously toxic as we’ve seen on the basketball board. Fact of the matter is that, while they’re unquestionably the better team, we were good enough to win this game if we did the little things, and simply didn’t. Tough pill to swallow after being so close. But that certainly doesn’t take away from a great season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great season all. Just gotta get better if we want to get to Omaha. Much to build on from this.

Reaction Score
With this massively successful season now coming to an end, I must say how proud I am of this team and this coaching staff. A team with 50 wins, national recognition and the most talented roster in years. This team has a young core, a talented nucleus that will carry this program forward and onward to bigger and better things. This program will get to Omaha, it just wasn’t meant to be this year. We should ALL thank @huskymedic and @dbmill for the work they do for us in keeping us updated on the team. It’s a pleasure posting on these baseball boards and providing any information I can. I look forward to following this team in the summer and the great fall reports and interviews. As always, go Huskies!!!

Anytime I can get mentioned in the same breath as @huskymedic, I'm not complaining.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I second this post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer