2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
20 points a game that’s all?? Lol
He can get his own shot any time he wants if he has Hurley’s OK. He can put up points in a hurry, can get to the line, good ft shooter. Cole took it on himself to take the shots and Hawkins would have to do that whether he’s hot or cold. At 30+ minutes a game it’s possible, but not at 20 minutes. Hurley has to recognize who can score from the guard position. Who else you got?

Reaction Score
I was thinking of him as a facilitator/scorer from the 3 spot rather than having primary PG duties.
I think the backlash against Andre at point on this board is largely a straw man. I haven’t seen anyone suggest that he should be the only player capable of playing the point on the roster. My guess is it will look similar to this past year where there will be a point guard but where Andre will see a lot of time at the point.

Reaction Score
I think the backlash against Andre at point on this board is largely a straw man. I haven’t seen anyone suggest that he should be the only player capable of playing the point on the roster. My guess is it will look similar to this past year where there will be a point guard but where Andre will see a lot of time at the point.
I think people are just freaking out because we currently don't have a point guard on the roster so people are talking about Jackson and Floyd playing the point when they clearly aren't starting point guards. Hurley needs to bring in a stud point guard and everyone will move on to the next thing to worry about.

Reaction Score
KenPom pace stats
Offensive rebounds slow down our pace metrics. We were significantly faster than that. We pushed the ball a lot with Andre grabbing and going. We were 27th in the country in fast break points per game.

uconnfastbreak.png

Slipped to the 40s in conference play, though. Still a lot higher than 300th...

Reaction Score
Offensive rebounds slow down our pace metrics. We were significantly faster than that. We pushed the ball a lot with Andre grabbing and going. We were 27th in the country in fast break points per game.

uconnfastbreak.png

We also slow our opponents down a ton which heavily impacts that Kenpom pace number. We’re not turtles like UVA, but the half court hasn’t been our friend. We’ve all seen the stretches where nobody besides Sanogo (or Bouknight last year) wants the ball, and we tended to use the whole shot clock in many of those stretches.

As an aside, that SCP FG% made me lol (painfully)

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score

uconnfastbreak.png

Thanks guys. I have a Kenpom subscription already, is this website with fast break points free?

I need to make a list of all these websites and bookmark them.
That's a rough stat given they were best at getting 2nd chance opportunities. The PITP is embarrassing.
29th percentile… man. There will be so much roster turnover so maybe that changes soon

Reaction Score
If we don’t land at least one guard by Wednesday, I’ll start to get nervous. That’s a reasonable time frame considering some transfers already signed last week.
Don't necessarily need a signing, but would love some visits set up or on narrowed lists or whatever.

That being said, couple reporters/insiders have been dropping hints about Europe, so I have no idea what kind of timetable that might be.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If we don’t land at least one guard by Wednesday, I’ll start to get nervous. That’s a reasonable time frame considering some transfers already signed last week.
Wednesday might be pushing it. All the hoops coaches are down in NO through Monday at the NABC. That's why it's been relatively quiet last few days.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
The waiting game is no fun with this many spots to fill. I hope by next weekend we’ll have some answers

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
The waiting game is no fun with this many spots to fill. I hope by next weekend we’ll have some answers
That’s my point. It’s like a game of musical chairs. It’s an exciting part of the game but nerve racking

Reaction Score
The guys at the car wash said, "no worries mon, Hurley has all of this under control." They said they heard Hurley say, "we got this, we're going to play a faster tempo next season with all our new guards."
:)

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Don't necessarily need a signing, but would love some visits set up or on narrowed lists or whatever.

That being said, couple reporters/insiders have been dropping hints about Europe, so I have no idea what kind of timetable that might be.
Who on the staff has been working Europe? I wonder if Geno has some insights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom