2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i like that Davis is from the Bronx. bad 3 pt shooter but he can score and obviously creates for others with those 5.5 apg.

Reaction Score
Murray unfollowed Shannon already lol
dunk fail GIF

Reaction Score
Hope we can do better.
Really? 37% career 3pt shooter on 4 attempts per game. Played in the Big 12 for 4 years. I’d sign up for him, for sure.

Somebody brought up a great point in another thread regarding roster management. While we clearly need to hit the portal, I’d like one or two of the additions to be seniors to ensure we have the scholarships for a 3-4 person recruiting class in ‘23.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Really? 37% career 3pt shooter on 4 attempts per game. Played in the Big 12 for 4 years. I’d sign up for him, for sure.

Somebody brought up a great point in another thread regarding roster management. While we clearly need to hit the portal, I’d like one or two of the additions to be seniors to ensure we have the scholarships for a 3-4 person recruiting class in ‘23.
He’s just an ok 3pt shooter, doesn’t do anything else at a high level. If he’s ok being a depth piece, I’m cool with that.

Reaction Score

He is not a point though, and I don’t want him starting over Hawkins. He is obviously going to be looking for a starting spot so if we want him I guess that means really small lineup with Jackson at the 4?

Reaction Score

The extra Covid year really screws things up since a lot of these transfers may be seniors next year but have another year after that if they want it. And you won't know if they want it until a year from now. How many of these transfers are going into their 5th year so you know you only have them for 1 season?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Solid player, I think he’d be a good add.
Yeah he'd basically be a Gaffney upgrade. So as long as we add another starting PG, I'd definitely add him.
I don’t see the fit. He isn’t a pass first guard. He isn’t a guy you want taking shots, wildly inconsistent from deep - also his ability to be a question mark led to Texas bringing in Marcus Carr last year.

Reaction Score
I don’t see the fit. He isn’t a pass first guard. He isn’t a guy you want taking shots, wildly inconsistent from deep - also his ability to be a question mark led to Texas bringing in Marcus Carr last year.
His assist rate last year and his freshman year was basically what Cole’s was this year. He has always played more 2 there next to Coleman or Carr. I’m not saying I’d want him as starting PG, but he’s a solid role player who can play either guard spot.

I think if you were to add Ramey and another PG, we’d be playing small a lot with Jackson at the 4. It would be similar to what Nova does this year with Slater playing the 4. Jackson handles the ball much more than Slater, but that’s fine, because in theory that should free up the 3 guards more often on the perimeter (Moore and Daniels were constantly open from the corner all year for Nova).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure people here are being realistic about the need. We are looking for a PG that can be the 4th best player on this team, not the best player. Not to replace Cole's points. Steady, capable, doesn't turn the ball over, can make buckets when called on, decent passer. That's the job. Sanogo, Hawkins are going to lead the team in scoring. We need Jackson to get his PPG to double figures (he trended that way late in the year). Akok and Johnson can score. Floyd and Karaban can score. We also need a backup PG, and good luck bringing in a guy to be a bench player that's a real contributor.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
His assist rate last year and his freshman year was basically what Cole’s was this year. He has always played more 2 there next to Coleman or Carr. I’m not saying I’d want him as starting PG, but he’s a solid role player who can play either guard spot.

I think if you were to add Ramey and another PG, we’d be playing small a lot with Jackson at the 4. It would be similar to what Nova does this year with Slater playing the 4. Jackson handles the ball much more than Slater, but that’s fine, because in theory that should free up the 3 guards more often on the perimeter (Moore and Daniels were constantly open from the corner all year for Nova).
I'm not sure people here are being realistic about the need. We are looking for a PG that can be the 4th best player on this team, not the best player. Not to replace Cole's points. Steady, capable, doesn't turn the ball over, can make buckets when called on, decent passer. That's the job. Sanogo, Hawkins are going to lead the team in scoring. We need Jackson to get his PPG to double figures (he trended that way late in the year). Akok and Johnson can score. Floyd and Karaban can score. We also need a backup PG, and good luck bringing in a guy to be a bench player that's a real contributor.
Jackson is going to be dominating the ball - I think any recruit knows this which is why we will have trouble landing a talented/top tier PG transfer.

A complimentary piece like the Ramey is not what we need. If you’ve watched Texas this year that is obvious he’s not a good fit. Pack would be the most ideal candidate.

Reaction Score
Jackson is going to be dominating the ball - I think any recruit knows this which is why we will have trouble landing a talented/top tier PG transfer.

A complimentary piece like the Ramey is not what we need. If you’ve watched Texas this year that is obvious he’s not a good fit. Pack would be the most ideal candidate.
We have no shot at Pack

Reaction Score

We need more than 1 guard transfer. And even this year with Cole and Gaffney, we had basically nobody capable of handling the ball outside of Cole. Jackson will have the ball a lot, but Ramey isn’t a high usage guy anyway. No reason they couldn’t fit together. Teams shouldn’t only have a couple players that can dribble and pass, there should be several. We’ve just failed to bring in players that can lately.

Obviously I would love Pack, Newton, Sears, etc but I don’t think it’s likely at this point. There are only 2 guards/wings on the roster right now we know will contribute next year, we need multiple guys we can actually count on to contribute even if they aren’t stars.

I see your point and I’m all for aiming higher, but swinging and completely missing could result in settling for the Antwoine Andersons of the portal again, and that would be pretty ugly.

Reaction Score
I'd only be looking to add Ramey AS a complementary piece, that's why we mentioned the Gaffney role. I wouldn't want him as the starting pg.

@HuskyHawk is right we don't need our starting transfer pg to be a star and there aren't s ton of bonafide stass available anyways. But it does have to be someone that is savvy and can create for others.

Reaction Score
Good morning,

I've made a spreadsheet of the stats of the transfers we've currently expressed interest in. I'll keep it updated throughout the spring/summer if you'd want it to be pinned. Here's the link.

You should try posting this again in a fresh thread that can get pinned and locked. Eliminate the discussion and leave it exclusively to the offer list and relevant tweets/offer posts. Or maybe a mod can move the discussion posts into a different thread and clean this up.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
who wants to be the starting PG on this UConn team? Seems like a question that should draw interest from ballers in the portal. if not...

Nope, good PGs don't want to come here because Gaffney and Diggins weren't good, or so I've read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom