2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 70 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
'Twas the (K)night before signing day, when all through the Burton Complex
Not a creature was stirring, not even a Murawski;
The offers were hung with a wishful Rope(r) and Robe(rson) by the chimney with care,
In hopes that D’mon and Donovan (and a few portals) soon would be signing theirs;

The current players were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of new recruits joining them danced in their heads;
And HCJM in his pullover and the new staff in their caps,
Had just settled down for a restless nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
Jimmy sprang from the bed to see if some much needed OL were the matter.
Away to the window he flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the luster of new recruits below,
When, what should appear to his wondering eyes,
But a fax machine humming with NLIs,

With a little driver, so lively and quick,
He knew in a moment it must be that Rosa kid Vic.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Voorhis! now, Spearman! now, Wayburn and Passmore!
On, Estes! on Fitzgerald! on, Hicks and Mountali-Johnstown!
To the top of the Rent! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

May it be a Joly day for all!

Reaction Score
very good response

Yes. We have tried to fill this role - over and over. I like Clercius: he has made some really tough catches at key moments of games. He should be targeted more going forward.

Both Tyler Davis + Donovan Williams were more used as TE/WR hybrid. (and David seemingly thrived to the point of NFL) They both blocked a lot - and maybe there's one thing to credit Diaco. Frank Battle made no impression. Aaron McLean was productive and I thought had a decent career; though I thought another guy unutilized.

Jefferys? OK. I think he has dropped most things I've seen thrown to him and not many catches. He still has eligibility.

I hope Davenport - and maybe July immediately - fits in with Ross - Drayton - Marion. Clercius. Turner. Unlike 2021, I think that gives you about 4 different type of guys. Plus a decent TE makes for a more diverse Pass game. QB of course needs to accurate etc etc
Here's to a more creative offense!

Reaction Score

Robbie Roper is a 6-4 215lb QB from Roswell High School in Roswell Georgia. Other offers from Morehead State, Morgan State, UMass and Western Carolina.

Highlights

As a Giants fan the Morehead St offer brings back great memories. Let's hope he can be that good.
Great arm, great feet and running ability. Effortless motion, strong sideline passes, what's not to like?
Plays like a taller Fran Tarkenton....

Reaction Score
I trust the coaching staff and I know this was discussed but on paper I’m getting worried. Kareem Burke/Xander Brown > Justin Joly and Kylish Hicks by a lot in ratings and offer sheets by far. I guess we’ll never know but it seemed like Burke/brown wanted to come which just makes things more confusing. Also Ik we don’t know what joly/hicks will play here. I’m all about a few of these under the radar guys but I’m a lil cautious so far

Reaction Score
In Jim Mora's first class at UCLA, he recruited a 5'9 180 lb CB from Iona Prep in New Rochelle NY (yup Justin Joly is a return) ... named Justin Combs. Who's father is ... Sean John Combs. Puff Daddy.

Mora's 1st DC was Lou Spanos; his 1st OC was Noel Mazzone. Young defensive assistants were Jeff Urbach who is DC of the NY Jets (unlikely to come back to college) and Demetrice Martin (now at Colorado - after years with UCLA & Arizona). Both were absolute novices in 2012; but with good backgrounds.

My view on the Eve of NLOI signing: He did a good job vetting the Edsall crop. He used communication skills and filmwork and got the kids that he really wanted. We will know some more tomorrow. Each of the fallouts are stories you won't find at UCONN; maybe at a more steeped recruiting culture school you would. Joly + Hicks (we don't know position targets yet - so it might not ve apples to apples). It is a good haul for a month in his office. Certain AC proved very capable in a short time frame.

Reaction Score
Interesting story. University of Texas played Iowa State this season. Texas had OVER 70 4 star and 5 star players!! Iowa State had 4. Iowa State won 30 to 7!!!!!!! You would have thoght that Iowa State would never show up for a game that was as big a mismatch as that. The bottom line if you can get the right coaching staff that knows how to teach and the right transfers we can win.
More likely, it means that Texas recruiting services give people who Texas is recruiting 4 stars.

If you get multiple P5 offers it is now almost automatically three stars.

Reaction Score

Tre'Mond Shorts is a 6-4, 300lb OL from Hampton, Georgia (Transfer Portal). Shorts was a 3 year starter for ETSU. In the day or so since he entered the Transfer Portal he has picked up offers from Arkansas State, BGSU, Buffalo, CMU, Colorado, Georgia Southern, JMU, Liberty, Miami (OH), Purdue, Rice, Rutgers, Texas Tech, Toledo, Tulane, UTSA, WKU and WMU.

Reaction Score
Well Rivals at least added our 4 most recent recruits to their portal, no ratings though, nothing from 247 yet. Hoping for some fireworks and surprises tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Interesting as I have never seen h retweet anything about a player that is being recruited that isn’t about an offer, visit, or commitment

Attachments

• E0C73F3E-CAC4-4468-BA76-F254E475AF30.png
    E0C73F3E-CAC4-4468-BA76-F254E475AF30.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 225

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I dont know what to say. Has not mentioned having another offer.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Nice looking OLB prospect - been to a game, gives us a lot of likes on twitter.... guess we haven't offered yet.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Any predictions for tomorrow? @Exit 4 you’re usually pretty good at this.

Well thanks. I don't have a bead on any particular surprises tomorrow. Most likely there will be a few surprises, one way or another. I'll be curious to see if we get a surprise QB. Seems like we wont, but with all the action out there, I am hoping we get someone signed...even if it takes to the end of the window on Friday.

On positions; I am probably wrong, but I had been thinking the following on the tweeners:
Rosa: WR
Joly: WR
Hicks: DB
Schwikal (if he signs): LB
Mountali: TE

Now if Rosa wants to play corner, then fine, but I would let Rosa dictate what position he starts out at.

Reaction Score
Well thanks. I don't have a bead on any particular surprises tomorrow. Most likely there will be a few surprises, one way or another. I'll be curious to see if we get a surprise QB. Seems like we wont, but with all the action out there, I am hoping we get someone signed...even if it takes to the end of the window on Friday.

On positions; I am probably wrong, but I had been thinking the following on the tweeners:
Rosa: WR
Joly: WR
Hicks: DB
Schwikal (if he signs): LB
Mountali: TE

Now if Rosa wants to play corner, then fine, but I would let Rosa dictate what position he starts out at.

I have seen it be said that Rosa is coming in as a running back

008.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom