2021 Nancy Lieberman Award Preseason Watchlist | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Nancy Lieberman Award Preseason Watchlist

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Hey, let’s not be so harsh about some guy in his basement. Right now, we’re all that guy working out of his basement.:confused:
Except those that might be retired, they're probably napping in the basement.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Aari McDonald is conspicuously missing, but I think they have her on the wrong list every year. She might play somewhat like a 2G, but pretty sure she is and has been the PG at UA the entire time she's been there.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
One thing I always appreciate about the Lieberman list is that they make a point to include less publicized mid-major players who otherwise rarely get mentioned in the general WBB media.

I'm already familiar with the MAC trio of Micaela Kelly (Central Michigan), Dyaisha Fair (Buffalo) and Cece Hooks (Ohio), all of whom are great players who deserve the attention. And now, at the prompting of their mentions here, I'm going to enjoy making it a point to watch Tra'Dayja Smith (Longwood), Nevena Dimitrijevic (St. Francis Brooklyn) and Katia Gallegos (UTEP) this season.

Smith's and Dimitrijevic were the only two non-seniors in the nation's top 10 assist leaders (#4 and #9, respectively, at 6.5 and 6.2 apg). Smith is now a senior, while Dimitrijevic is only a sophomore. Gallegos, a local El Paso product and also a sophomore, ranked 3rd among freshmen in assists per game (after Dimitrijevic and Owusu) and was also her team's #3 scorer at 9.6 ppg.

Plebe

Reaction Score
No Dana Evans , Kiana Williams is just disrespectful . These are future WNBA players smh
Their categorizations are notoriously questionable. Both were finalists for the Ann Meyers Drysdale shooting guard award last year, and guaranteed they'll be finalists again this year as long as they are playing.

Other dubious categorizations among the Drysdale award finalists last year were Aari McDonald (who won it), Chennedy Carter and Kathleen Doyle, all of whom were much more point guards than SGs.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Their categorizations are notoriously questionable. Both were finalists for the Ann Meyers Drysdale shooting guard award last year, and guaranteed they'll be finalists again this year as long as they are playing.

Other dubious categorizations among the Drysdale award finalists last year were Aari McDonald (who won it), Chennedy Carter and Kathleen Doyle, all of whom were much more point guards than SGs.
Hmm, I thought that Chennedy Carter was all Shooting Guard in her early years. Maybe she mellowed out and learned to pass later on. I must admit that I don't remember watching any of her games last season, so...

Plebe

Reaction Score
Hmm, I thought that Chennedy Carter was all Shooting Guard in her early years. Maybe she mellowed out and learned to pass later on. I must admit that I don't remember watching any of her games last season, so...
The positions as commonly understood aren't really defined by predilection to shoot vs. pass. The "point guard" is usually understood as the player who usually brings the ball up the court and/or initiates the offense, even if the offense results in the PG taking the shot. The "shooting guard" more typically plays off the ball.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One thing I always appreciate about the Lieberman list is that they make a point to include less publicized mid-major players who otherwise rarely get mentioned in the general WBB media.

I'm already familiar with the MAC trio of Micaela Kelly (Central Michigan), Dyaisha Fair (Buffalo) and Cece Hooks (Ohio), all of whom are great players who deserve the attention. And now, at the prompting of their mentions here, I'm going to enjoy making it a point to watch Tra'Dayja Smith (Longwood), Nevena Dimitrijevic (St. Francis Brooklyn) and Katia Gallegos (UTEP) this season.

Smith's and Dimitrijevic were the only two non-seniors in the nation's top 10 assist leaders (#4 and #9, respectively, at 6.5 and 6.2 apg). Smith is now a senior, while Dimitrijevic is only a sophomore. Gallegos, a local El Paso product and also a sophomore, ranked 3rd among freshmen in assists per game (after Dimitrijevic and Owusu) and was also her team's #3 scorer at 9.6 ppg.

BIG SOUTH representing :cool:

Reaction Score
Good list of who Paige will have to be guarding in the playoffs the upcoming years.

Reaction Score
I predict Destanni Henderson will some time this season find her way on to this list.

Reaction Score
I think the plan was for DiDi to play point guard this season. Never played it in college before. Just silly to put her on a preseason list.

Last year when our backup point position was thin if not non-existent, Didi got reps in practice and was actually the backup should we have to go there. This year, BU articles are stating Didi may play any one of 4 positions (except #5). With no proven point on our roster, we may still be looing for one on Jan. 9 when your guys come to Waco.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom