Tiana Mangakahia - Syracuse
Lauren Heard - TCU
Kyra Lambert - Texas
Dru Gyleton - Utah
Katia Gallegos - UTEP

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
2 freshmen on the list I can see, so it's not like Paige is the only one. Lots of names I don't recognize.

There are three freshmen. That's wild. Diamond Johnson, Hailey Van Lith, and Paige Bueckers. It's interesting that Johnson made the list when I don't think she wasn't even selected to the McDonald's All-American game. The recruiting services had her listed anywhere from 6th to 44th. I believe Dawn Staley even spoke out about the snub by McD.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's rare to see any frosh on the pre-season lists, but both Paige and Hailey Van Lith have gotten a lot of press. Congrats to them!
This list has three freshman PG Diamond Johnson, Hailey Van Lith & Paige. It is not inconceivable that Paige wins this award. A couple of things would have t happen: 1) UCONN gets to #1 by beating South Carolina 2) Tiana Mangakahia does not return to her former level of performance.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Previous winners include Oregon’s Sabrina Ionescu (2018-20) as well as UConn’s Moriah Jefferson (2015-2016), Renee Montgomery (2009), Diana Taurasi (2003-04) and Sue Bird (2000-02).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
On what planet is DiDi Richards a PG?

I think the plan was for DiDi to play point guard this season. Never played it in college before. Just silly to put her on a preseason list.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In Paige's case, I think this is quite literal.

1604953737323.png

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Personally—it’s just me—-but i think freshman should play there way to the list versus being placed on preseason. It clearly says that players can work there way to list. Just seems more appropriate.

Where is Ashley Owusu from Maryland?

Kiana Williams from Stanford??

Dana Evans from Louisville??

That replaces the 3 freshman from the start! At least they have played PG in college.

Reaction Score
2 freshmen on the list I can see, so it's not like Paige is the only one. Lots of names I don't recognize.
Lots of names you won't recognize at the end of the year also. And does anyone know where the hell Longwood is? She has to be the front runner.

Reaction Score
Personally—it’s just me—-but i think freshman should play there way to the list versus being placed on preseason. It clearly says that players can work there way to list. Just seems more appropriate.

Where is Ashley Owusu from Maryland?

Kiana Williams from Stanford??

Dana Evans from Louisville??

That replaces the 3 freshman from the start! At least they have played PG in college.
You expect these lists to make sense? Are these lists made up by that World Exposure Report crew of one guy in his basement?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Lots of names you won't recognize at the end of the year also. And does anyone know where the hell Longwood is? She has to be the front runner.

Longwood is in VA, part of the Big South conference, I do believe.

Reaction Score
The entire purpose of the list was to stir up the fans. And here we are. :D

I'm not sure why this off-season has seemed so eternal? In a normal year UConn would have had their exhibition games but we never really get much access to the team, just Geno and a few structured player interviews. I guess I really missed those 6 weeks in March/April.

Reaction Score
If nothing else it gives a half dozen players on mid-majors some exposure and fantasy players get some names to check out.

Reaction Score
Here lies the problem. The majority of those other players will, in all probability, see extended action. Paige, as a freshman, even with the talent she possesses, is going to have her time limited and that is going to work against her. But, then again, players do not come to Uconn for individual awards.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The entire purpose of the list was to stir up the fans. And here we are. :D

I'm not sure why this off-season has seemed so eternal? In a normal year UConn would have had their exhibition games but we never really get much access to the team, just Geno and a few structured player interviews. I guess I really missed those 6 weeks in March/April.
It HAS seemed like forever. I had to think about it and for me...

Some of the conference tourneys were cancelled, and there was no NCAA tourney. So right there was over a month of hoops that never got played.

Then, over the summer, we almost always hear about one of our players, or another, playing on some USA team, or AAU summer ball, or whatever, so we can get our fix during the summer months.

Then once practice starts, we usually get MORE content from people who see practices, including, but not limited to, the horde. AND there are no exhibition games.

So it HAS been a longer off season - maybe by close to 2 months. But add to that the lack of any kind of summer hoops, and DAMN - I'm even ready to just watch them do drills!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't know how it fits, but My Cousin Vinny videos will always earn a like from me.
Would you like to live with the pressure of being nominated for the Lieberman before you have played a game? I think Paige sort of relishes such situations though. She is all about challenges.

@CL82 it is a great movie and when he has her biological clock stuck on the pile of things riding on the case, well it's one of the great scenes of the movie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom