2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score
Another reason the Mora hire makes sense: folks like Moorhead would be crazy to commit to anything right now when more and better jobs keep opening.
Moorhead would be a slam dunk for VT. He can recruit the area, can compete with Clemson offensively and gives the program a boost.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how many coaches do well in the AAC and then struggle or flop at their next job. Fuente, Frost, Herman, Norvell, Butch Davis, all seemed to be can't miss rising star coaches.

The only ex Big East /AAC coach that has really made a name for himself at his next job is Brian Kelly at ND. Am I missing any?
Mark Dantonio did well at MSU after leaving Cincy. Butch Jones was decent at Tennessee but SEC expectations killed him. Bobby Petrino did well at Arkansas too.

Reaction Score
Mark Dantonio did well at MSU after leaving Cincy. Butch Jones was decent at Tennessee but SEC expectations killed him. Bobby Petrino did well at Arkansas too.
But they were big East coaches, not aac. Those were the equivalent of taking bigger P5 jobs, not moving up into P5.

Reaction Score
Michigan State reportedly close to offering Tucker 10 year 95 million extension.
If you get can life changing generational money like that, grab the hell out of it.

Reaction Score
OC???
makes a ton of sense, even from a financial standpoint.... have Paul Petrino and Mora ever cross paths? If they click, might be a win all around...

Another guy I kinda like for OC (potentially), or as just a QB coach, is Andrew Breiner.. Yeah, I know, a UConn retread.. but can't deny he's had some success... plus he's probably available once the Butch Davis show is over at FIU after their final game this season

Reaction Score
I don't buy the Slater scoop. Sounds like click bait. Kiffin isn't going to Miami.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I usually don't take this view, but FIU should probably shut it down at this point.
It kind of sounds like they are already trying to....some of the stuff you read about what is going on sure makes it sound like they don't wanna play at this level. Add in the conference situation and it's not looking like they care much.

However, like someone else said in this thread, they have a chunk of exit money coming their way and then after that, who knows what the CFB landscape even looks like.

Reaction Score
Fla tied late with Mizzou.
Instead of win probability, ESPN should have a fire probability on Mullen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom