2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 40 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Kids love this stuff, why else are they always posting about it on social media? You really think they are only doing this because coaches ask? Coaches don't want to pressure kids to do stuff on visits that they don't like because they want the recruit to be happy and have a good time. Making them play dress up if they don't want to would be dumb.

Its not a big deal, just because UConn women's basketball doesn't do it doesn't mean its an issue. Other sports teams do it too like football.

seems somewhat coercive to me but you could be right.............frankly I would prefer to see the recruit only in the uniform of the school they finally select

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'll take others if I'm granted a few other wishes. I really like Watson, so that's my third wish. Now I will grant u three wishes to round it out. Sound good?
My wish list has been sorted & certified quite a while ago in order of priority:
2018: ONO, Christyn Williams, Ezi Magbegor,
2019: S. Brunelle, Aliyah Boston, (L. Amihere or Rikea Jackson), Haley Jones
2020: Paige Bueckers,Kamilla Cardosa, Cameron Brink, Natalija Marshall
2021: Azzi Fudd, Amari DeBerry

Reaction Score
My wish list has been sorted & certified quite a while ago in order of priority:

2020 Marshall looks like an elite player, I think she has been on a visit to Texas, looks like Aston is recruiting New York players now, with 2019 New York guard Taylor visiting Texas recently.

Reaction Score
Kids love this stuff, why else are they always posting about it on social media? You really think they are only doing this because coaches ask? Coaches don't want to pressure kids to do stuff on visits that they don't like because they want the recruit to be happy and have a good time. Making them play dress up if they don't want to would be dumb.

Its not a big deal, just because UConn women's basketball doesn't do it doesn't mean its an issue. Other sports teams do it too like football.

I had no idea uconn does NOT do it. I'm happy about that. They do give the potential recruits sweatshirts which I guess is fine.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I had no idea uconn does NOT do it. I'm happy about that. They do give the potential recruits sweatshirts which I guess is fine.
UCONN does not give the recruits sweatshirts. Those sweat shirts are coming out of mom and dad's pocket. Per the NCAA:
  • Giving gifts of any kind (e.g., birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day) or free services (e.g., clothing, airline tickets, laundry, car repair, haircuts, meals in restaurants) is prohibited.
You can't even give a recruit a discount on a T-shirt at the book store.

Reaction Score
UCONN does not give the recruits sweatshirts. Those sweat shirts are coming out of mom and dad's pocket. Per the NCAA:
  • Giving gifts of any kind (e.g., birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day) or free services (e.g., clothing, airline tickets, laundry, car repair, haircuts, meals in restaurants) is prohibited.

I didn't mean buy for them in that way. I meant they wear team gear when there not on that team yet.
That's all buddy.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I didn't mean buy for them in that way. I meant they wear team gear when there not on that team yet.
That's all buddy.
You really don't understand, do you? UCONN doesn't and can't let recruits wear team gear either. Every piece of UCONN gear including the practice gear worn by the male practice players must be accounted for. You can thank the Villanova 1985 Men's team for that for the NCAA rules requiring that level of accountability. More recently you can thank Terell Pryor of OSU who got stung by the NCAA for exchanging his game worn jersey for tattoos. Back in the day a student athlete (like all other students) could sell his or her used books to the class coming behind them, The NCAA thanks to Miami killed that in 2009.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Great choices across the board....if this was a Michelin-rating service, one would go of your way to see and/or procure their services.

I wonder if Jones and/or Brink will leave the left coast.

Hmm, no K. Watson for you in 2020? Or does she only come into play if Boston and/or Brink are not available? She strikes me as someone you'd like on your squad.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

UConn and the Irish certainly think Jones might leave the left coast. To me, she is the quintessential player for those programs.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Holy cow that's a lot of interior/post players-- at least 8 by my count. If UConn were to, say, get ONO and Ezi I think Boston is superfluous. And then you've got three more bigs in '20! Geno doesn't need THAT much help reaching the high shelves. ;)

I'm really intrigued by UConn's interest in both Bueckers and Van Lith. Both seem like hybrid guards. Could they play together? Would getting them mean Fudd is overkill? Each move creates a domino effect that shifts priorities.

Reaction Score

I still don't get how the players can be photographed in the uniform of the school they are visiting...........didn't somebody recently post NCAA recruiting rules that said no photos of visiting players?

Reaction Score

The rules regarding Official Visits are different. On official visits the recruit and her parents receive 3 meals per day paid for by the school. They also receive up to $40.00 per day in "entertainment expenses" which is usually used to buy swag from the bookstore.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Holy cow that's a lot of interior/post players-- at least 8 by my count. If UConn were to, say, get ONO and Ezi I think Boston is superfluous. And then you've got three more bigs in '20! Geno doesn't need THAT much help reaching the high shelves. ;)
I'm really intrigued by UConn's interest in both Bueckers and Van Lith. Both seem like hybrid guards. Could they play together? Would getting them mean Fudd is overkill? Each move creates a domino effect that shifts priorities.
UCONN is not going to get all that's why it is a prioritized wish list. If UCONN were to get both Ezi and Aliyah it would not need another post until 2021. BTW I don't consider Brunelle as a big, Big Guard but not big as in post and someone in that 2019 class has got to be prepared to start on day one. I am firmly in the Bueckers camp Van Lith would have to grow on me.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Great choices across the board....if this was a Michelin-rating service, one would go of your way to see and/or procure their services.
Hmm, no K. Watson for you in 2020? Or does she only come into play if Boston and/or Brink are not available? She strikes me as someone you'd like on your squad.
Not sold on Watson quite yet, I need to see more fire, more size, more length, more skill.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
UConn and the Irish certainly think Jones might leave the left coast. To me, she is the quintessential player for those programs.

Oh, I'm quite aware of the Irish interest in Miss Jones (as well as that of UConn). MM and Niele are looking at a number of those very talented wings of the Class of 2019, including Haley and Breanna Beal (remember her?).

Reaction Score
Oh, I'm quite aware of the Irish interest in Miss Jones (as well as that of UConn). MM and Niele are looking at a number of those very talented wings of the Class of 2019, including Haley and Breanna Beal (remember her?).

Is Beal more of a power forward or small forward?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Possible but Fudd would be a year later.

I guess they'd cross that bridge later. Maybe having Bueckers and Van Lith would be more than enough to let Fudd go. Or maybe they think Fudd can play SF. It's not like Geno is overly worried about positions.

Reaction Score
I guess they'd cross that bridge later. Maybe having Bueckers and Van Lith would be more than enough to let Fudd go. Or maybe they think Fudd can play SF. It's not like Geno is overly worried about positions.

These players are years away from committing. There is no way of knowing if they will even be considerng UConn by then. And I doubt Geno is slotting them into a position yet.

Letting Fudd go? I strongly doubt it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom