2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 39 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Latest ESPNw article on Sam Brunelle: running fundraisers and clinics. Heading off to campus visits (Duke, Louisville, Kentucky, Notre Dame, this time around).

I've been taken by her thoroughness in all aspects of everything she's doing. Hopefully, that will bode well for her in all future endeavors. Go Sam!

Top 2019 basketball prospect Samantha Brunelle uses star power to help Houston kids impacted by Hurricane Harvey

saw that article...........with the exception of ND just adds to my paranoia about her wanting to stay in the southeast..............of course she's already been to UConn..................hope she comes back for an official visit when she gets serious.................

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
multiple recruits, multiple years - Amari DeBerry, Celeste Taylor, Kylee Watson

Is that Maddie Burke between Taylor and Watson?
Gosh, DeBerry (Class of 2021) is nearly as tall as Watson.
You're right, lots of talent there....

Reaction Score
Is that Maddie Burke between Taylor and Watson?
Gosh, DeBerry (Class of 2021) is nearly as tall as Watson.
You're right, lots of talent there....

Come on Dillon you know that girl............ Faith Masonius............I've seen DeBerry listed at 6'4' - 6'5"

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Come on Dillon you know that girl.. Faith Masonius..I've seen DeBerry listed at 6'4' - 6'5"
Oh my...it's getting to the point I can't post without having a second cup of coffee. I was thrown a bit because Faith looks quite a bit shorter than Kylee and/or Watson. Could be camera angles and how/where she's standing. Plus, I usually see her while sitting up in the stands :)
(No excuse.)

Still, that's quite a crew of potential collegians. The only one I think ND has taken a serious look see at is Celeste Taylor, keeping up the trend of Niele and MM's recent frequent flyer trips to the NYC/Long Island neck of the woods!

Reaction Score
Oh my...it's getting to the point I can't post without having a second cup of coffee. I was thrown a bit because Faith looks quite a bit shorter than Kylee and/or Watson. Could be camera angles and how/where she's standing. Plus, I usually see her while sitting up in the stands :)
(No excuse.)

Still, that's quite a crew of potential collegians. The only one I think ND has taken a serious look see at is Celeste Taylor, keeping up the trend of Niele and MM's recent frequent flyer trips to the NYC/Long Island neck of the woods!

I'm not complaining but I'm surprised they wouldn't be interested in Watson, she is a pretty good fit for the ND front court as she can shoot from outside, handle the ball and run the court quite well for her size

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I'm not complaining but I'm surprised they wouldn't be interested in Watson, she is a pretty good fit for the ND front court as she can shoot from outside, handle the ball and run the court quite well for her size

Oh, I didn't say they wouldn't have interest in M(is)s. Watson...she's the class of 2020, right? I was just looking at the Class of 2019 and Celeste Taylor. My guess is that attention is being paid to Watson. Per your point, I think someone has compared her to Natalie Achonwa. That would get MM's attention, for sure, as she was/is a huge "Ace" fan.

Reaction Score
I think baby Bruney was taking an unofficial visit to Louisville this weekend. Hate seeing her in Red.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This is my wish list period.
That's not enough. UCONN would need many more players. With just those two the UCONN 2019-20 Rosters would be 9 or 8 players depending on what Camara decides. The UCONN 2020-2021 rosters would have only 6 players.

Reaction Score
That's not enough. UCONN would need many more players. With just those two the UCONN 2019-20 Rosters would be 9 or 8 players depending on what Camara decides. The UCONN 2020-2021 rosters would have only 6 players.

I'll take others if I'm granted a few other wishes. I really like Watson, so that's my third wish. Now I will grant u three wishes to round it out. Sound good?

Reaction Score
the old uniform routine again....that's never happening at UConn

I see that a lot on recruiting visits obvi thru twitter posts or posts here on boneyard. I don't know why programs do that. If I were the player and I wasn't 99.9% sure I wanted to commit there I would feel uncomfortable with a photo shoot in uniform.
I wasn't sure if we did that too.

Reaction Score
I see that a lot on recruiting visits obvi thru twitter posts or posts here on boneyard. I don't know why programs do that. If I were the player and I wasn't 99.9% sure I wanted to commit there I would feel uncomfortable with a photo shoot in uniform.
I wasn't sure if we did that too.

I think the schools put the recruit in a difficult position as I assume they ask the kid if they want to do this..........hard to say no if you are a guest

Reaction Score
I think the schools put the recruit in a difficult position as I assume they ask the kid if they want to do this.....hard to say no if you are a guest

Kids love this stuff, why else are they always posting about it on social media? You really think they are only doing this because coaches ask? Coaches don't want to pressure kids to do stuff on visits that they don't like because they want the recruit to be happy and have a good time. Making them play dress up if they don't want to would be dumb.

Its not a big deal, just because UConn women's basketball doesn't do it doesn't mean its an issue. Other sports teams do it too like football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom