2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 36 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Brunelle & Amihere are different type of players both are great. Brunelle is gifted on the offensive side of the ball with mad range that must be accounted for or else she becomes lethal. Amihere is the best and most versatile on ball defender I have ever seen. She has a Kelly Faris like ability to stay in front of the ball handler. She has the ability to defend positions 1-5 and is blessed with Gabby type athleticism. BTW those mix tapes of Amihere dunking-she was 15 at the time! UCONN will have room both, because UCONN will have graduated 2 (KLS & Napheesa) & possibly 3 (+Azura) AA before Brunelle & Amihere get to campus.
Thank you, CocoHusky.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
watch Paige Bueckers miss a few shots:

This is an outrage. Is this video real? She actually missed shots? Someone get Anderson Cooper on this.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Miss Camera Shy joined Geno tonight:

Kind of weird that they are 10 feet apart and yet can't exchange one word. I wonder if that is her coach standing next to Geno & Chris?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
DSC0124,large.1505793689.JPG

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Geno had to be convinced that it was actually possible for her to leave Texas and not a waste of time.
The coaches weren't sure they could get Maya out of Georgia either. That also worked out rather well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Maybe. I'd say Geno and staff, remember Geno has to be convinced by Shea to recruit Moriah Jefferson.
Ok, you made it sound like Geno didn't think she had the talent or would fit. Which was not the case. He just didn't think they could get her out of Texas.

And good find, I don't remember seeing that before. :eek: (shocking, I know)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ok, you made it sound like Geno didn't think she had the talent or would fit. Which was not the case. He just didn't think they could get her out of Texas.
And good find, I don't remember seeing that before. :eek: (shocking, I know)
Didn't mean to make it sound like "Geno didn't think Moriah had the talent or wouldn't fit". Quite the opposite, just want to challenge the myth that Geno just sits back and snaps his finger and the recruits automatically come to UCONN. Recruiting is hard work and full of risk and Geno actually has to compete and make hard decisions on some of them. KLS is another example where Geno actually said to KLS' father before visiting" I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time."

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
KLS is another example where Geno actually said to KLS' father before visiting" I wanted to make sure he wasn't wasting his time."

I like that Geno put this question to Lou's dad and I like how Lou knew what she wanted and made a decision. I know it's a question Geno has put to others as well. Recruiting trips and official visits are expensive and take up valuable time. I know kids are all about enjoying the recruiting experience but there's a flip side to that as well. Cox went on a nationwide search for a school down the road. But hey, she and her family got to enjoy big-time college football games.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sam Brunelle apparently intent on choosing a school by spring.
There are 11 colleges on her recruiting list, but she hopes to narrow that after the visits this fall..... In the spring there will be home visits and a choice made after that.
Brunelle hosting clinic to help Houston
I'm hoping that she chooses UCONN but if she doesn't I going to be rooting hard for this young lady- forever!
BTW any visits that Brunelle makes this fall must be unofficial visits. Per the NCAA recruiting calendar she cannot start official visits until Thursday following the NCAA women's basketball championship game. If her spring is only going to include in home visits and fall includes unofficial visits this might be an indication that she already knows where she wants to go-probably somewhere she has visited already.

Reaction Score
Sam Brunelle apparently intent on choosing a school by spring.

There are 11 colleges on her recruiting list, but she hopes to narrow that after the visits this fall..... In the spring there will be home visits and a choice made after that.

Brunelle hosting clinic to help Houston

I've never agreed more with a post. I give you so much respect.

Sam Brunelle from everything I've watched, read and heard third party is equally an amazing person. No matter where she goes I will wish her a wonderful career and best in life.
Personally I've never wanted a recruit more, I really like her game- range, moxie, raw talent etc. I think she'd fit well with Geno.

Either way a SB fan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom