2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 37 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
waiting for a big '21/'22 story to start the new thread, in the meantime just read UConn and Louisville currently watching 2021 NJ Shoreshots today...........really talented kids often play 2-3 years up and usually win

Reaction Score
for those who haven't been to these showcase games, here's the classy way you know who's hopefully watching you play

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
waiting for a big '21/'22 story to start the new thread, in the meantime just read UConn and Louisville currently watching 2021 NJ Shoreshots today......really talented kids often play 2-3 years up and usually win

UConn, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Louisville all watching a game between the NW Blazers and NY Havoc. Must be a player or two of note on the court.

Reaction Score
UConn and Baylor watching NW Blazers today...........why?...........took a minute to figure it out........ ahha......it's that 2020 mystery point guard Hailey van Lith, you know, the pg ranked ahead of Paige Bueckers..........

Reaction Score
UConn and Baylor watching NW Blazers today......why?......took a minute to figure it out... ahha.it's that 2020 mystery point guard Hailey van Lith, you know, the pg ranked ahead of Paige Bueckers.....

A nice quality of Bueckers is that as good a pg that she appears to be she is also adept at the shooting guard position.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn and Baylor watching NW Blazers today......why?......took a minute to figure it out... ahha.it's that 2020 mystery point guard Hailey van Lith, you know, the pg ranked ahead of Paige Bueckers.....

Pretty interesting.

Reaction Score
Motor through the roof, master defender, sounds like Gabby.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The three preceding tweets are in reference to Hailey Van Lith if you weren't sure.

thanks for those..........If nothing else, the CC debacle is a reminder to never to put all your eggs in one basket or even two for that matter..........
when it comes to any of these glowing recruiting reports the question I always ask is how good was the opposition?

Reaction Score
DKgKwXtUEAAjUFb.jpg

NJ Shoreshots Girls Director Tracey Sabino with UCONN Geno Auriemma at Live at the House

Geno checking out the big three NJ '21 girls Pissott, Adams and Sabino...........apparently there were numerous D1 coaches there that were amazed with this team...........one said that these girls are already more fundamentally sound then most of their current DI roster

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
DKgKwXtUEAAjUFb.jpg

NJ Shoreshots Girls Director Tracey Sabino with UCONN Geno Auriemma at Live at the House

Geno checking out the big three NJ '21 girls Pissott, Adams and Sabino......apparently there were numerous D1 coaches there that were amazed with this team......one said that these girls are already more fundamentally sound then most of their current DI roster

A caption this opportunity: Geno thinking: See Kathy, I'm looking a little pained here.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
waiting for a big '21/'22 story to start the new thread, in the meantime just read UConn and Louisville currently watching 2021 NJ Shoreshots today......really talented kids often play 2-3 years up and usually win
For 2022 look out for Isuneh Brady out of San Diego. She just went into the 8th grade and is a 2022 HS Grad.
Here is a brief write up by Mark Lewis of Blue Star(from the spring)
Isuneh Brady – 2022 – San Diego, California – Plenty of size…College level frame to build upon…Lefty…Aggressive with and without the ball…Physically strong and beginning to grasp how to put it to use…Reads on the catch…Has been coached…Forward to a degree at this point on her perimeter shot but sound stroke…All the tools are there

2017 EGB Elite 100 - Bluestar Media

Another write up from the summer
Isuneh Brady – 2022 – Forward / Post – San Diego, Calif. – Size, build and frame…Will grow more…Lefty…High post drive works for her…Lots of tools…Just beginning to apply…Can post or play up high

7th Annual Rites Of Passage Showcase - Bluestar Media

I went to one of the view tournaments this Saturday in the OC. I think there every coach was watching her. The big question is which HS she will go to. I hope it is La Jolla Country Day, where Plum and Wiggins went. But someone told me KLS's school might be interested in her. That would mean a move to the OC or a move in with a family or relative in the OC.

Reaction Score
For 2022 look out for Isuneh Brady out of San Diego. She just went into the 8th grade and is a 2022 HS Grad.
Here is a brief write up by Mark Lewis of Blue Star(from the spring)
Isuneh Brady – 2022 – San Diego, California – Plenty of size…College level frame to build upon…Lefty…Aggressive with and without the ball…Physically strong and beginning to grasp how to put it to use…Reads on the catch…Has been coached…Forward to a degree at this point on her perimeter shot but sound stroke…All the tools are there

2017 EGB Elite 100 - Bluestar Media

Another write up from the summer
Isuneh Brady – 2022 – Forward / Post – San Diego, Calif. – Size, build and frame…Will grow more…Lefty…High post drive works for her…Lots of tools…Just beginning to apply…Can post or play up high

7th Annual Rites Of Passage Showcase - Bluestar Media

I went to one of the view tournaments this Saturday in the OC. I think there every coach was watching her. The big question is which HS she will go to. I hope it is La Jolla Country Day, where Plum and Wiggins went. But someone told me KLS's school might be interested in her. That would mean a move to the OC or a move in with a family or relative in the OC.

great................another long distance romance.................no hurricanes on the left coast....................just earthquakes!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
looked up the NW Blazers and the first site I came to was a marijuana organization of some kind...they must be playing some mellow basketball..
They must have good verticals, because they play high. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
DKgKwXtUEAAjUFb.jpg

Geno checking out the big three NJ '21 girls Pissott, Adams and Sabino......apparently there were numerous D1 coaches there that were amazed with this team......one said that these girls are already more fundamentally sound then most of their current DI roster
Everyone wants a pic with Geno. I have one in my collection.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mark Lewis AAU notes from NJ this past weekend:

Samantha Brunelle – 2019 – 6-3 – Forward – Fairfax Stars – New club setting…Still had some strong moments despite the usual “transition to a new team speedbumps”…Appears to be adding some more length and strength…Range is now out to “four point” distance…Will need to create more off the drive to keep defenders honest and playing her straight up…Always sets the bar for effort baseline to baseline

Azzi Fudd – 2021 – 5-11 – Point Guard – DC Cadets – Played with roster of high school teammates…Looked to be attacking middle more…Pull up was serving her well…Mixing up her change of speed more and more effectively…Despite her youth uses her body as efficiently as any play on the scholastic level to protect the ball…Focus on the application of skill work is evident each time we see her in action

12th Annual USJN Fall Finale - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score
Mark Lewis AAU notes from NJ this past weekend:

Samantha Brunelle – 2019 – 6-3 – Forward – Fairfax Stars – New club setting…Still had some strong moments despite the usual “transition to a new team speedbumps”…Appears to be adding some more length and strength…Range is now out to “four point” distance…Will need to create more off the drive to keep defenders honest and playing her straight up…Always sets the bar for effort baseline to baseline

Azzi Fudd – 2021 – 5-11 – Point Guard – DC Cadets – Played with roster of high school teammates…Looked to be attacking middle more…Pull up was serving her well…Mixing up her change of speed more and more effectively…Despite her youth uses her body as efficiently as any play on the scholastic level to protect the ball…Focus on the application of skill work is evident each time we see her in action

12th Annual USJN Fall Finale - Bluestar Media

Mo’ne Davis – 2019 – 5-6 – Point Guard – Philly Triple Threat – Athletic guard with plenty of speed and quickness…Sound ballhandling skills are in place…Delivers the ball effectively as defenders rotate on the drive…Form is there on her jumper…Weak hand will need to catch up

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers was in AAU action in Minnesota last weekend too. Had 11 points, 10 boards in one game, 20 points in the other. Her teams won handily.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Faith Masonius got a positive write-up in Blue Star for her work this weekend, as did Engstler. I think the two have some similarities...although Emily seems to like engaging refs (save it until you're coaching.... ;))

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom