2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Sammie Puisis – 6’2 WF – Mason – One of the top prospects at the event as well as nationally, Sammie was one of the only few “big-time” prospects to play 2 really good games. Most of the other “name” players had 1 dominating game and 1 ho-hum game, but Sammie had a 20/7 game in their loss to Homestead and a 22/8 game in their win over Gilmour. While she may not have elite level athleticism, she possesses so many other high level attributes, including the ability to stretch the defense from deep 3 point range.
Charlie, whoever it was that judged her lacking "elite level athleticism" must be comparing her to pros. They need to google Sammie Puisis Detox 2015 and actually watch her. That video is in summer prior to her freshman season and athleticism is obviously one of her strengths. By the time she's a senior she'll be a clone of Gabby Williams with less vertical leap but a much better shooter. Plus she's a few inches taller and her motor is off the charts. UConn would be fortunate to get her.

Reaction Score
Charlie, whoever it was that judged her lacking "elite level athleticism" must be comparing her to pros. They need to google Sammie Puisis Detox 2015 and actually watch her. That video is in summer prior to her freshman season and athleticism is obviously one of her strengths. By the time she's a senior she'll be a clone of Gabby Williams with less vertical leap but a much better shooter. Plus she's a few inches taller and her motor is off the charts. UConn would be fortunate to get her.

I've seen some pretty stellar players that have been called less then elite athletes...............if they can handle the ball, shoot, play defense and rebound they don't necessarily have to have a 30+" vertical..................

Reaction Score
I've seen some pretty stellar players that have been called less then elite athletes.....if they can handle the ball, shoot, play defense and rebound they don't necessarily have to have a 30+" vertical...
That's what I'm talkin' about.

Reaction Score
The more I watch babybrun the more I think Big guard, definitely not PF, and less SF.

I don't think she is as good of an outside shooter as KLS but she can also score from anywhere on the court........she may well end up having a better medium/inside game then KLS when it's all said and done.............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“I’ve always wanted to see a UConn practice, so that was something I’m not going to forget, and I love what Coach Staley is doing in South Carolina,” Brunelle said. “I just want to take my time and make the right choice for me. I mean it’s where I’m going to be spending four years of my life.”

William Monroe sophomore Brunelle joins 1,000-point club

Reaction Score
She was 16-29 from the field, 8-10 from the line. The local paper says she had 9 rebounds though.

I still can't get a handle on the kind of competition she is facing so not sure what these numbers mean...........would like to see her team play against one of the big VA teams

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I still can't get a handle on the kind of competition she is facing so not sure what these numbers mean......would like to see her team play against one of the big VA teams
I tend to ignore all high school scores with the exceptions of show case tournaments like TOC or beach ball classic & matchup against two top 25 ranked HS teams, because HS basketball is so vastly varied and mostly poor. AAU is even worse and thank goodness for AYBL and tournaments like Boo Williams and Junior Nationals.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I tend to ignore all high school scores with the exceptions of show case tournaments like TOC or beach ball classic & matchup against two top 25 ranked HS teams, because HS basketball is so vastly varied and mostly poor. AAU is even worse and thank goodness for AYBL and tournaments like Boo Williams and Junior Nationals.

I'm with you on that. The show-case (mid-season) tournaments can give a little perspective, as can some inspired match-ups here and there.

Charlie let us know about one a few weeks back when Manasquan (NJ) went to Long Island. The link to the tape gave me an insight into Lutheran players like Celeste Taylor (#40 Prospects Nation, Class of 2019).
Sometimes there's a good league (Shore Conference in NJ) that has some good match-ups. I have a friend who went to Sachem East game to see Sachem's Danielle Cosgrove (remember her?) go against Ward Melville's Lauren Hansen (#34, Class of 2019). Cosgrove played well, but does not have a very good supporting cast, while Hansen -- a sophomore who missed last year due to injury -- was all over the place, leading WM's floor attack, playing solid defense and lights-out shooting. Coach Bill thinks her star is rising and Danielle (Class of 2018, of course) is still improving.

New Jersey's St. Rose -- always a solid Shore team -- went to Ohio to play Lakota West, which is led by Abby Prohaska, the ND commit. Low-scoring game with Prohaska doing a bit of everything, which seems to be her forte.

But your point holds and is one reason why I look for specific games or just the state tournament to see equitable match-ups.

Reaction Score
I'm with you on that. The show-case (mid-season) tournaments can give a little perspective, as can some inspired match-ups here and there.

Charlie let us know about one a few weeks back when Manasquan (NJ) went to Long Island. The link to the tape gave me an insight into Lutheran players like Celeste Taylor (#40 Prospects Nation, Class of 2019).
Sometimes there's a good league (Shore Conference in NJ) that has some good match-ups. I have a friend who went to Sachem East game to see Sachem's Danielle Cosgrove (remember her?) go against Ward Melville's Lauren Hansen (#34, Class of 2019). Cosgrove played well, but does not have a very good supporting cast, while Hansen -- a sophomore who missed last year due to injury -- was all over the place, leading WM's floor attack, playing solid defense and lights-out shooting. Coach Bill thinks her star is rising and Danielle (Class of 2018, of course) is still improving.
New Jersey's St. Rose -- always a solid Shore team -- went to Ohio to play Lakota West, which is led by Abby Prohaska, the ND commit. Low-scoring game with Prohaska doing a bit of everything, which seems to be her forte.

But your point holds and is one reason why I look for specific games or just the state tournament to see equitable match-ups.

with that in mind, don't forget about the tournament at Holmdel High School on Sunday...............Manasquan, Rumson Fair Haven, St John Vianney, Long Island Lutheran, Rutgers Prep, ArchBishop Wood(PA)......... Dana Mabrey, Faith Masonius, Celeste Taylor............great performances will have meaning there, that's for sure..........

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I still can't get a handle on the kind of competition she is facing so not sure what these numbers mean......would like to see her team play against one of the big VA teams
It is my understanding that the local competition is pretty weak - not a lot of serious D1 prospects. The state competition is good, just not her local league. I think I read that she is the best prospect in a long time if not ever.

Reaction Score
I've heard that Cameron Brink 6'4 2020 kid from South Ridge High school in Beaverton, OR is the next big thing and could ended up as the top player in her class. Not sure what her wing span is but her arms look like they go on forever!
I wouldn't be shocked to see Geno take a look at her, but with the improvements of the PAC 12 as a whole it might be hard to pull her from the west coast.
cameron-brink

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For our NJ contingent. Has anyone watched Kylee Watson ( 6'2", 2020 Mainland hs NJ) play yet ?
Great things are expected of her, from what I've read.

Reaction Score
Here's a report from the fall:

She's the next "Big Thing" in NJ High School WBB....made my daughter look silly more then once this summer......Yes...... there is definitely interest from UConn among many others

MainlandGirlsBball @MainlandGBBall
Congrats to new Mustang Kylie Watson on receiving 3 NCAA D1 offers in one week! UVA, Nova, and Louisville would be getting one great kid!

KYLEE WATSON- MAINLAND REG HIGH SCHOOL-6’3’- FORWARD

Now some will question why she is on this list. While she will not be attending a shore school. She is every bit a shore player. She has trained and played with shore teams thought-out her young career. She is currently playing up as part of the best 2019 AAU team in the state, THE JERSEY STARZ’S. There is zero question who is the best incoming freshman in the entire state of New Jersey; Kylee Watson is a player every program would be proud to build around. Her teammates like, respect and admire her. Next she has no ego, she will be the same person everyday she walks in the gym…she is a attitude free player. She will not expect special treatment and her family will not allow it. Her mother and future high school coach was a star at Delaware University. Her father is a former football coach. They will not allow this young lady to step out of bounds as a player of student. Her impact will be much like last year’s mega star baby Faith Masonius….off the charts. She is a true point forward in every sense of the word. She can put the ball on the deck, shoot three’s, post up and is murder off the dribble. She plays on both sides of the floor, she can block shots and can guard every single position on the floor. Here is what I will say about Kylee Watson, she may be most talented player with her size….I HAVE EVER SEEN. My guess is that she will be one of the Top 10 players in the country one day. There is zero question she will be a one of the best player in New Jersey next season. She is a SHORE ADOPTED PLAYER IN MY MIND….she is a mega talent with a real understanding what the word teammate means.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Butler hits the front of the rim more than any player I've ever seen. That's all in the legs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've heard that Cameron Brink 6'4 2020 kid from South Ridge High school in Beaverton, OR is the next big thing and could ended up as the top player in her class. Not sure what her wing span is but her arms look like they go on forever!
I wouldn't be shocked to see Geno take a look at her, but with the improvements of the PAC 12 as a whole it might be hard to pull her from the west coast.
cameron-brink

Eventually, she could be on the Brink of greatness. :D

Reaction Score
If Brunelle picks any other school other then Uconn, I will never speak of her again. Same as I did (didn't) do regarding EDD!

Reaction Score
Cameron Brink

End-of-the-Oregon Trail-July 2016:
Agile finesse-4 with length, wingspan defends key, alters shots; executes in half-court game, catches in traffic and delivers results on both ends of the floor; an elite front court prospect in the class of 2020. (Olson)

Future Stars USA-July 2015: Long and agile interior prospect with next-level potential; superior length, wingspan brings shot-blocking presence in key; superb mobility with emerging offensive game. (Olson)

Reaction Score
Here's a report from the fall:

She's the next "Big Thing" in NJ High School WBB....made my daughter look silly more then once this summer.Yes. there is definitely interest from UConn among many others

MainlandGirlsBball @MainlandGBBall
Congrats to new Mustang Kylie Watson on receiving 3 NCAA D1 offers in one week! UVA, Nova, and Louisville would be getting one great kid!

KYLEE WATSON- MAINLAND REG HIGH SCHOOL-6’3’- FORWARD

Now some will question why she is on this list. While she will not be attending a shore school. She is every bit a shore player. She has trained and played with shore teams thought-out her young career. She is currently playing up as part of the best 2019 AAU team in the state, THE JERSEY STARZ’S. There is zero question who is the best incoming freshman in the entire state of New Jersey; Kylee Watson is a player every program would be proud to build around. Her teammates like, respect and admire her. Next she has no ego, she will be the same person everyday she walks in the gym…she is a attitude free player. She will not expect special treatment and her family will not allow it. Her mother and future high school coach was a star at Delaware University. Her father is a former football coach. They will not allow this young lady to step out of bounds as a player of student. Her impact will be much like last year’s mega star baby Faith Masonius….off the charts. She is a true point forward in every sense of the word. She can put the ball on the deck, shoot three’s, post up and is murder off the dribble. She plays on both sides of the floor, she can block shots and can guard every single position on the floor. Here is what I will say about Kylee Watson, she may be most talented player with her size….I HAVE EVER SEEN. My guess is that she will be one of the Top 10 players in the country one day. There is zero question she will be a one of the best player in New Jersey next season. She is a SHORE ADOPTED PLAYER IN MY MIND….she is a mega talent with a real understanding what the word teammate means.

Wow, that's quite an analysis.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
HS comp and numbers doesn't mean much... but you can see the skills (full court dribbling, 3 pt range, FT shooting, passing)

block shots, steals and rebounds don't mean much.

attitude shown, sportsmanship, good team player (huddles and hi-fives) listener, teacher are also things to look for in a high school game

and you gotta look at mobility and "feetwork"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom