#2 North Carolina St vs #1 Louisville - 3/07/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Pretty basketball it wasn't.
No...but it was INTENSE. My heart was about to beat out of my chest.

I just knew when Evans released that last THREE that it would swish through the hoop.

Reaction Score
Cuna needs is a good solid center, definitely one of the best in the country. Dislike Louisville and was rooting against them as I always do, but I felt bad and it broke my heart to see Evans fall to the floor in tears. She is usually very stoic win or lose.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Cuna needs is a good solid center, definitely one of the best in the country. Dislike Louisville and was rooting against them as I always do, but I felt bad and it broke my heart to see Evans fall to the floor in tears. She is usually very stoic win or lose.
Me too. There I was happy and elated...and she was devastated. I wanted to give her a hug.

Reaction Score
8E9B5A34-05AC-4F65-AFEB-1AD364F3EF41.png

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Evans hero ball didn't work. She had some nice drives and scores in Q4 but way too many missed shots overall.

3 point shooting stunk for both teams--NC St. 4-18 Louisville 4-16

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is it fair to say in a sweeping generalization that defenses have been much better than offenses when you look at the '20-'21 season? Sure seems like it to me. This was another low scoring, not real well executed grinder, seems par for the course. They say defense wins championships, but maybe this year whoever can consistently knock down some shots is gonna walk way with the hardware.

Reaction Score
Raina Perez has said all season that she wanted to come to NC State to play in these kinds of big games Today she hit the biggest shot of the Wolfpack's season

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Raina Perez has said all season that she wanted to come to NC State to play in these kinds of big games Today she hit the biggest shot of the Wolfpack's season
And according to her, a year ago at this time, she was not aware of NC State.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is it fair to say in a sweeping generalization that defenses have been much better than offenses when you look at the '20-'21 season? Sure seems like it to me. This was another low scoring, not real well executed grinder, seems par for the course. They say defense wins championships, but maybe this year whoever can consistently knock down some shots is gonna walk way with the hardware.
I tend to agree, and god help you (on the Boneyard at least) if you're the exception of a better offensive than defensive team, like Maryland or Iowa or DePaul

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Final: NC State wins back-to-back ACC titles for the first time ever. 58-56.

What a great game!
Congratulations to NC State; yet another milestone in what has become a Wolfpack WBB golden age. They only seem to get better each year. Is this the first time they've won both the regular season and conference titles?

I've given the ACC plenty of well-deserved grief this season for being disproportionately mediocre, but I have only the utmost respect for Wes Moore and what he's built, as well as for how the fans have responded. Far and away the best program currently in the historically WBB-rich state of North Carolina, and clearly as well the class of the ACC.

If I had a vote on the committee, I'd sure as heck have NC State as (at least) my last #1 seed, ahead of South Carolina regardless of whether SC wins their game today. Today's win gives NC State 3 wins now that are far better than any of SC's wins.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Congratulations to NC State; yet another milestone in what has become a Wolfpack WBB golden age. They only seem to get better each year. Is this the first time they've won both the regular season and conference titles?

I've given the ACC plenty of well-deserved grief this season for being disproportionately mediocre, but I have only the utmost respect for Wes Moore and what he's built, as well as for how the fans have responded. Far and away the best program currently in the historically WBB-rich state of North Carolina, and clearly as well the class of the ACC.

If I had a vote on the committee, I'd sure as heck have NC State as (at least) my last #1 seed, ahead of South Carolina regardless of whether SC wins their game today. Today's win gives NC State 3 wins now that are far better than any of SC's wins.
Louisville was the regular season winner, because they played two more games than NC State.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Despite the shooting slumps at various times, I thought both teams competed hard, and it was for the most part a clean, intense, exciting game to watch--and both teams were executing down the stretch in the 4th quarter. Evans had an ACC tournament to forget, but there's always the NCAAs. It wasn't always pretty, but this is also the 3rd game in 3 days for both teams, so you get what you get.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom