#2 North Carolina St vs #1 Louisville - 3/07/21 | The Boneyard

#2 North Carolina St vs #1 Louisville - 3/07/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
As it should be. Anybody else in the final would've seemed fairly disappointing.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I voted for NC State, out of loyalty and knowing they CAN beat Louisville, but Louisville is more than capable of winning this one. NC State is going to have come out with more energy and determination than they've shown in their first two ACCT games thus far.

One thing that can't be denied: NC State has won the 4th quarter in both of their ACCT games. The veterans have come through. We'll need more of that, and lots of it, today.

Reaction Score
I voted for NC State, out of loyalty and knowing they CAN beat Louisville, but Louisville is more than capable of winning this one. NC State is going to have come out with more energy and determination than they've shown in their first two ACCT games thus far.

One thing that can't be denied: NC State has won the 4th quarter in both of their ACCT games. The veterans have come through. We'll need more of that, and lots of it, today.
As a Louisville fan I voted out of loyalty and feel exactly the same as you do. NC State took Louisville totally out of their offense in the last game (Louisville had only six assists on 23 made field goals) and dominated on the boards.

If NC State is something like +12 on the boards again today, Louisville will be in big trouble.

Reaction Score
This is going to be a solid game. I like NC State in this one. Louisville, like a lot of teams this season, comes out the gate slow. If they do, NC State gets the win. Plus NC State is playing with a lot of energy...that good energy that you like to see in a team heading into post season play. This team (NC State) is peaking at the right time.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Both these teams have flaws with Louisville's more severe. From a national ranking perspective, yes, I could and can see why NC State warrants a #1 seed if they win but even then, I am not overly worried about this Wolfpack team in our bracket, in fact, I welcome it.
That said, while I really like Jeff as a coach and his assent to the top of the ACC has been impressive, this team is so over-rated it's not even funny. They have 1 scorer in Dana Evans. That's it. This team has not played a tough schedule nor have they been impressive in games over some pretty bad ACC teams.
And like I said in the SEC title game today, I will not be watching this game with the sound on. I can't take another game of Deb "how can I be even more arrogant" Antonelli shilling for the ACC and her vision of WCBB...I just can't
200.gif

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Both these teams have flaws with Louisville's more severe. From a national ranking perspective, yes, I could and can see why NC State warrants a #1 seed if they win but even then, I am not overly worried about this Wolfpack team in our bracket, in fact, I welcome it.
I would like NC State to go against UCONN, to settle this debate once and for all. Looks the Committee is determined for NC State to have to through South Carolina, though, so a meeting between the Wolfpack and Huskies would have to wait until the Final Four.

Most of our meetings have been in the NCAAT. The 1991 meeting announced UCONN's arrival on the national stage, upsetting what was, up to that time, the best team NC State ever had, and a team that had beaten eventual champion Tennessee by 20 points earlier in the year. The 1998 meeting was sort of payback, advancing NC State to its first, and thus far only, Final Four. The 2007 meeting was Kay Yow's last great run at a title.

I think this season, NC State has the horses to match UCONN. We'll just have to see how the pairings are laid out and if both teams can advance to a showdown.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I just love it when a plan comes together. I knew you would be all over that! And rightfully so but it is my opinion that NC State is not of the same ilk as Stanford so yes, I say bring it on!!!! Good luck today though, as I really would like to say put a beating on the Cardinals! On your plus side, we KNOW ANTONELLI will be outwardly rooting and shilling for NC State during the broadcast.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
End of 1Q...Louisville has led by 5 points on 3 different occasions but it's a 16-15 lead for the Cards. Kiana Smith has 7 points for Louisville. Elissa Cunane with 6 for NC State.

Both teams made 7 FG in the first stanza.

Reaction Score
She’s clearly the focus of every team’s defense, but man, Evans has had a tournament to forget.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
4:55 left 2Q...NC State with a 22-20 lead. 6 players have scored for both teams. NC State with 6 assists, 3 from Elissa Cunane.

Reaction Score
Jeff Walz will definitely be contacting Rickea Jackson(legal or illegally) after this season is over.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith heating up.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Pack with a cold spell and the cards didn't jump on it.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Halftime: NC State leads 26-25, despite going more than 4 minutes without hitting a shot. Louisville scoreless in the last 3 minutes. NC State was 11 of 25, two of 10 from THREE and 2 of 2 from the FT line

Louisville was 11 of 27, 3 of 9 from THREE and 0-1 from the FT line.

Kiana Smith with 9 points for Louisville. Van Lith scored 5 points on back-to-back possessions.

Elissa Cunane and Jada Boyd with 6 points each for NC State. Kayla Jones with 2 points and 6 rebounds.

NC State leading in rebounding, 17-14.

Reaction Score
Looks like whoever shoots it halfway decently in the second half wins. Both teams playing really good defense.

Louisville terrible in both end-of-quarter situations.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Each team with just one offensive rebound in the first half. Both teams fighting, despite the lack of offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom