15 Best College Town and Cities | Page 2 | The Boneyard

15 Best College Town and Cities

Reaction Score
I bleed blue but Storrs has no business being on any Top College Town list.

Also, this list is just generally horrible anyway. Athens, Ga? Chapel Hill? Madison?? Rexburg, ID in the top 10???

Lol okkk
I know when I think college town I think Orlando.

Flush this list down the toilet

Reaction Score
What an awful list. I would exclude big cities like Seattle and Orlando. To me a college town is one where the college is a large part of the identity of the town/city. I think you can make a case for Cambridge. Storrs doesn't belong on the list, because while UConn is its identity, it isn't much of a town.

I can't imagine any legitimate list that excludes Lawrence, Athens, Madison and other top actual college towns.
I wasn't that impressed with Athens. Now Burlington, that's a college town.

Reaction Score
I bleed blue, but have traveled to several B1G towns, Ivy campuses and what not, yeah, Storrs does not deserve to be in the top 15 of any list. As for this list, WTF? They got some right, like Ann Arbor (through I agree Madison is better), Ithaca (which eliminates the need to have Pricneton on this list), and while there ar major unities in Orlando and Seattle, colleges are part of them, not the town is part of the college. Then otehr are just mind-boggling. Scottsdale is ranked because of a community college? No disrespect to community colleges as my wife works at one, but they are not college on a stand-alone basis. No disrespect to Mormons either, but their faith does not encourage the energy and nightlife typical of a college town, so hard to see Rexburg and Provo in the list, too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know when I think college town I think Orlando.

Flush this list down the toilet

And Central Florida isn’t really in Orlando.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wasn't that impressed with Athens. Now Burlington, that's a college town.

Burlington could absolutely be on this list. It’s certainly vastly better than Storrs.

Reaction Score
"It evaluated them on 30 key indicators of academic, social and economic opportunities for students. It also looked at crime rates and cost of living, even examining the cost of a night of bowling and the number of food trucks per capita. Then, WalletHub gave each city and town an overall score and ranked them accordingly."

I guess the social environment factor was the key.

Wallet Friendliness - 213
Social Environment - 4
Academic & Economic Opportunities - 144

2021's Best College Towns & Cities in America (wallethub.com)

Reaction Score
These are best college towns. Not best party schools. Like best town to raise a family. This list might be for those who prioritize schooling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom