15 Best College Town and Cities | The Boneyard

15 Best College Town and Cities

Reaction Score
Storrs makes the list

I bleed blue but Storrs has no business being on any Top College Town list.

Also, this list is just generally horrible anyway. Athens, Ga? Chapel Hill? Madison?? Rexburg, ID in the top 10???

Lol okkk

Reaction Score
Yea - For anyone who has never been I typically describe it as "a beautiful 16k-student college campus plopped in the middle of the woods in Connecticut" I always thought that was part of the charm. Def not a college town - just enough business to keep everyone happy.

Reaction Score
There are some great college towns on there but when the list doesn’t include Madison, forget it.

Storrs is underrated. It’s a great college experience.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There are some great college towns on there but when the list doesn’t include Madison, forget it.

Storrs is underrated. It’s a great college experience.

I was going to make a smart ass comment about Madison without even opening link.

It's a stereotypical answer.

Usually these lists are great cities that have colleges- New York, Austin, LA, etc.

Or,

They're towns centered around a university- Bloomington, Madison, Clemsonetc

UConn would definitely fall in to the second category.

This list mashed the two categories and I don't think it works.

Reaction Score
It’s been 30 years since I have Jenn there and I am a Uconn grad who visits Storrs frequently. Madison is on a different level and basically a lot of fun.

Reaction Score
I know I’ve pounded this drum a million times, but I’m partial to Athens.

Madison is really cool but it’s not a small town centered around the university. It’s more like Austin.

i really like places like Athens, Bloomington and Charolettesville

Reaction Score
Raleigh seems like most cities with 1/2 million people. Scottsdale is a college town because it has a community college. Very strange list. But hey, I'll take it.

Reaction Score
I graduated from IU and my oldest son attended PennState, living on campus for four years and in town for two. The three other kids went to UConn, two of them after Storrs Center was built, or at least most of it. I am ecstatic about what has happened at UConn and Storrs in the last 20 years, but to put Storrs on any list like this and leave Bloomingtion and State College off, is a little crazy. BTW, my brother lives in Irvine and the growth there and at UCI is amazing.

Reaction Score
I graduated from IU and my oldest son attended PennState, living on campus for four years and in town for two. The three other kids went to UConn, two of them after Storrs Center was built, or at least most of it. I am ecstatic about what has happened at UConn and Storrs in the last 20 years, but to put Storrs on any list like this and leave Bloomingtion and State College off, is a little crazy. BTW, my brother lives in Irvine and the growth there and at UCI is amazing.
Agreed- I am also a Hoosier with a son @ Purdue
UConn has made some great strides but it's not like many of the Big 10 towns

Reaction Score
Madison is the capital of Wisconson...

Storrs is cool if you like the college to be a town within itself and be surrounded by houses that seem to be from horror movies.

Reaction Score
My first thought was actually State College. We took a road trip from Storrs to State College and that campus is awesome, from what I remember. I guess there is some type of point system so apparently Storrs scores.

Reaction Score
I loved seeing Storrs and Ithaca make the top 15, but when Boulder, CO is 110 it discredits the entire exercise.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Also also, wth is up with the scoring system if the TOP school got 63%?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What an awful list. I would exclude big cities like Seattle and Orlando. To me a college town is one where the college is a large part of the identity of the town/city. I think you can make a case for Cambridge. Storrs doesn't belong on the list, because while UConn is its identity, it isn't much of a town.

I can't imagine any legitimate list that excludes Lawrence, Athens, Madison and other top actual college towns.

Reaction Score
As a college town, Chapel Hill is hard to beat. Storrs has improved a lot. I am not sure about top 15, but it has improved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom