#10 Arizona @ #11 Oregon - 2/08/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#10 Arizona @ #11 Oregon - 2/08/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
79-59 final. Not at all what I expected.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It helps when Cat Reese goes off early and doesn't stop.
Baptiste and Thomas chipped in too.

To me Reese has taken a bit of a step backward this year. You can see what she's capable of with a game like this. She disappears far too often.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think Yeaney dislocated her shoulder, the one downer for Arizona tonight.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think it's hard to replicate the culture that the team had last year when you essentially start from scratch, let alone the talent that was on that Oregon squad.
As some said. Graves over sold expectations this year when he should not have. Was that really fair . Fans buy into a lot of what coaches say. Graves had overhyped them all season. He needs to move on from the big three seniors. This is a different group

Reaction Score
79-59 final. Not at all what I expected.
Oregon has some very talented young kids but some need more time. Mikesell has been a big disappointment overall to me.

Barnes is doing great things are Arizona.

Reaction Score
All credit to AZ... they shot lights out, denied Duck offense, great hands on loose balls. Clearly the Ducks are not a top team but size and individual talent (non-cohesive) will carry them a ways. Going to have trouble in LA and lucky to get a split in the mountains. Hoping for a turnaround but see maybe 2-3 more wins (Cal and ASU?) and a fairly low seed. Early exit.

Reaction Score
Wow! Arizona blew the game wide open with that 3rd quarter run.

Reaction Score
Oregon has some very talented young kids but some need more time. Mikesell has been a big disappointment overall to me.

Barnes is doing great things are Arizona.
Shelley is not existent this year and Mikesell is one dimensional

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am yet again completely underwhelmed. There is truly no #1 team this year, not even a #2 team.
Et tu Brute? Here you are, on our board as guest and now this...SMH

Bring on the Kitties I say and Paig, Nika And Aaliyah eat McDonald and Reese for lunch as if they were on the Serengeti and UConn were the Wildcats! ;)

Reaction Score
I was pretty high on this Oregon team in the preseason given all their pieces, but...

1) Prince hasn’t quite lived up to the hype. Granted, she has had some injuries, but a lot of people thought she would be PAC-12 POY caliber.

2) The snipers and sharpshooters haven’t been shooting well as of late, especially Shelley who I thought would have been a key cog this season. Chavez and Mikesell are around 35-36% and Graves would probably like them to be closer to 40%.

With that said, Sabally has been really good and pretty much a model of consistency throughout the season. Really good athlete.

Even though Pao Pao has had a few cold games, she’s also the real deal.

If the guards can find their outside shots and Prince emerges, Oregon still has a shot to make a deep run.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Et tu Brute? Here you are, on our board as guest and now this...SMH

Bring on the Kitties I say and Paig, Nika And Aaliyah eat McDonald and Reese for lunch as if they were on the Serengeti and UConn were the Wildcats! ;)
It was not I that said Arizona would beat UConn.

Did you watch the first half of your game? Twas not pretty, or impressive.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Boley has gone M.I.A. Last 4 games 0, 6, 17 (against UC Davis) and 2. 8 combined pts in her last 3 games against conference foes on 2-11 shooting.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
It was not I that said Arizona would beat UConn.

Did you watch the first half of your game? Twas not pretty, or impressive.
Just noting that a guy who touts strong defensive efforts like ASU and UofA was being a bit suspicious of the last 2 National Team coaches...
Watching I See You GIF

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
With all the excitement in Storrs last night, I only just got around to checking out the AZ vs OR score. The Wildcats handed a major beat down to the Ducks in Eugene.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
With all the excitement in Storrs last night, I only just got around to checking out the AZ vs OR score. The Wildcats handed a major beat down to the Ducks in Eugene.
You didn't record it? Fortunately I did.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I was pretty high on this Oregon team in the preseason given all their pieces, but...

1) Prince hasn’t quite lived up to the hype. Granted, she has had some injuries, but a lot of people thought she would be PAC-12 POY caliber.

2) The snipers and sharpshooters haven’t been shooting well as of late, especially Shelley who I thought would have been a key cog this season. Chavez and Mikesell are around 35-36% and Graves would probably like them to be closer to 40%.

With that said, Sabally has been really good and pretty much a model of consistency throughout the season. Really good athlete.

Even though Pao Pao has had a few cold games, she’s also the real deal.

If the guards can find their outside shots and Prince emerges, Oregon still has a shot to make a deep run.

I think the pandemic has been especially hard on teams with a lot of young/new players, and Oregon certainly qualifies with (in effect) 7 freshmen (I'm counting Sabally and Prince since neither had played a college game until this season) and a couple of transfers. That said, however, this team has no leadership, as the players who were supposed to provide it have either been mostly missing in action (Boley) or even in Eugene (Chavez) and no one has stepped up in their place. (I had hopes for Prince.) I'm not asking for another Sabrina, but something headed in that direction would be an enormous help.

I also think Graves made a huge mistake in adding Mikesell, and I would say that even if her shooting approached what it was supposed to be. Too many players, too little time on court, and at this point I'd go almost entirely with the freshmen, Sabally, Prince, and Chavez (assuming she's present). That's an eight player rotation that looks to the future. I agree that Nyara has been everything one could expect after two years of rehabbing. She's obviously got a lot to learn (like her sister), but (like her sister) she will do just that, and I think she will be a star (and high draft pick) before she leaves Eugene. I also think Pao Pao will get there, although she needs a boost in confidence at this point. All of the 7 I listed above have considerable potential, but they need consistent time on the court to begin to fulfill it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Just noting that a guy who touts strong defensive efforts like ASU and UofA was being a bit suspicious of the last 2 National Team coaches...
Watching I See You GIF
You're right, the defenses were so good that the 2 teams combined for 11-23 FT shooting...:rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
You're right, the defenses were so good that the 2 teams combined for 11-23 FT shooting...:rolleyes:
I see what you did there...purple emoji to evict images of the Washington Huskies...

Reaction Score
All credit to AZ... they shot lights out, denied Duck offense, great hands on loose balls. Clearly the Ducks are not a top team but size and individual talent (non-cohesive) will carry them a ways. Going to have trouble in LA and lucky to get a split in the mountains. Hoping for a turnaround but see maybe 2-3 more wins (Cal and ASU?) and a fairly low seed. Early exit.
Not sure Oregon will play the Sun Devils. That would require makeup of postponed games. Not sure what the Pac 12 policy is going to be on all those postponements.

Perhaps makeups rather than a tournament?

Reaction Score
AZfan seems to be correct. No makeup games with ASU scheduled. Mountain schools no go? Only five games left for Ducks?
Cal, Stan, USC, UCLA, OSU
CAL and OSU at home = two wins (I hope). Stan and LA trip not so much. (based on last couple of outings IMO)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom