Year 3 (2024) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Year 3 (2024)

Reaction Score
UConn is playing as a mid level FCS right now. What they need is an FCS coach who could win an FCS national title with UConn's resources and money. That is Chesney. There is no one in FBS right now that is attractive, who would come here.
What we need is folks to have bigger aspirations. We remain a program uncommitted to competing at highest level in ALL sports.

Reaction Score
Nah, I think our game matters to them.

Personally, I don't mind the UMass game because that was a rivalry game in football back when I was in college. I would love for us to have risen beyond it, and for time, we did just that, but now we have regressed and this game has become semi-interesting due to Regional bragging rights.
Regional bragging rights? I have literally never heard anyone mention these games except for people on here. And I live in CT and worked in Springfield for a decade.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Regional bragging rights? I have literally never heard anyone mention these games except for people on here. And I live in CT and worked in Springfield for a decade.
1699485309489.png

Reaction Score
I think a big chunk of money should be spent on a qb - anywhere from 500,000 to 1,000,000. Not sure what the going rate is for an above average g5 starting qb, but I would think that would be enough.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think a big chunk of money should be spent on a qb - anywhere from 500,000 to 1,000,000. Not sure what the going rate is for an above average g5 starting qb, but I would think that would be enough.
We have a really good high school prospect coming in next year so I'm not really worried about that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We have a really good high school prospect coming in next year so I'm not really worried about that.
I wouldn't mind being able to redshirt him a year, but I wonder, with the portal, if that would end up meaning we never saw him on the field.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind being able to redshirt him a year, but I wonder, with the portal, if that would end up meaning we never saw him on the field.
He's probably better than Roberson so I would not risk it.

Reaction Score
Due to an highly effective Marketing Campaign, UConn raised expectations for this year. So now, this season feels a bit like a nightmare - last Saturday was Edsall low. But I agree other games have been competitive. But one thing I would point out, these games aren’t as close as they appear on paper. It’s not like we were winning an at end of game and we let one slip away. Nope, most times we are fighting but when it comes down to make a serious run to win the game, we Wither.

My point? Next year it’s not just about us getting better, but Mora may need ”win back” some fans he lost this year. The commitment to attend a game in E. Hartford is significant. It’s a 6 hour event for many, travel/parking/traffic/food.

Mora has lots of work to do in the offseason. Whatever he did last offseason was clearly nowhere close to where it needed to be. Not sure if he’s got a bunch of “yes men” around him or what But time for him/staff to get serious.

Reaction Score
I think his skillet is ideally suited for cooking.
I will try to do better in the future. My typing is going all to hell. But I am noticing that others are suffering the same affliction.

Reaction Score
Due to an highly effective Marketing Campaign, UConn raised expectations for this year. So now, this season feels a bit like a nightmare - last Saturday was Edsall low. But I agree other games have been competitive. But one thing I would point out, these games aren’t as close as they appear on paper. It’s not like we were winning an at end of game and we let one slip away. Nope, most times we are fighting but when it comes down to make a serious run to win the game, we Wither.

My point? Next year it’s not just about us getting better, but Mora may need ”win back” some fans he lost this year. The commitment to attend a game in E. Hartford is significant. It’s a 6 hour event for many, travel/parking/traffic/food.

Mora has lots of work to do in the offseason. Whatever he did last offseason was clearly nowhere close to where it needed to be. Not sure if he’s got a bunch of “yes men” around him or what But time for him/staff to get serious.
Yeah, but he can do that. The major issue is all the poaching which is now semi-legal. I watched part of the Michigan v Indiana game a few weeks ago and MI played their backup QB Tuttle (transfer from Indiana) in the second half. He probably would have started just about anywhere else. The play by play commentator came right out and said it. "Indiana is one of those programs that is always gonna get poached. That is just the way it is." I said, wow, that is UConn even more than Indiana.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
OT-

When Cornwallis and his army surrendered to General Washington at Yorktown, as his troops filed past Washington surrendering their arms, the British military band played a song called "The World Turned Upside-Down." It was inconceivable to them that a colonial rabble could defeat the largest and most disciplined war machine of the day- inconceivable that the world had come to that state.

When I read posts like this I know how they felt.

And now back to our regularly-scheduled discussion.

Reaction Score

I think it is a good time and a great value for entertainment in CT. The problem is the casual alumni doesn’t want to see their team lose. BELIEVE

Reaction Score
I will try to do better in the future. My typing is going all to hell. But I am noticing that others are suffering the same affliction.
I have fat thumbs. I’m sure I’ve made my fair share of typos.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The question is, is it the QB that's the issue or the OC? I truly think that our OC hires have hampered our offense. Charlton is god awful. I don't know if a better QB would make our offense any better. I don't think TR is doing badly. I think we have the offensive pieces to be solid but need someone with offensive chops to put them into the right places.

I'd like to see us bring in a better RB.

Reaction Score
The question is, is it the QB that's the issue or the OC? I truly think that our OC hires have hampered our offense. Charlton is god awful. I don't know if a better QB would make our offense any better. I don't think TR is doing badly. I think we have the offensive pieces to be solid but need someone with offensive chops to put them into the right places.

I'd like to see us bring in a better RB.
A better qb always makes an offense look better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom