WVU will beat Kentucky | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WVU will beat Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you want to see UK lose don't make these threads.

Only we hold mojo to a high standard, my fear is that it may be a Kentucky doo k championship game[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I really don't think anyone is going to beat Kentucky. They've succeeded in creating a talent gap wide enough between themselves and everyone else that coaching and mental toughness don't even matter.

Reaction Score
I really don't think anyone is going to beat Kentucky. They've succeeded in creating a talent gap wide enough between themselves and everyone else that coaching and mental toughness don't even matter.
I think there are teams that are in their range, talent-wise.

They get to the Final Four with ease, I think. But they won't blow out Wisconsin/Arizona, and they won't blow out Duke/Gonzaga. Both those games will be close, and they can legitimately be beaten.

It's been a long time since we've looked at a team, though, and said no one can beat them before the Final Four. UNC 2009 is probably the last one. UConn 2004.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I think there are teams that are in their range, talent-wise.

They get to the Final Four with ease, I think. But they won't blow out Wisconsin/Arizona, and they won't blow out Duke/Gonzaga. Both those games will be close, and they can legitimately be beaten.
This logically makes sense. But West Virginia, though flawed, doesn't stink. And Kentucky just doubled them up. It's legitimate to ask whether they can be beaten this year.

Reaction Score
This logically makes sense. But West Virginia, though flawed, doesn't stink. And Kentucky just doubled them up. It's legitimate to ask whether they can be beaten this year.
Honestly, they lots of very very good college basketball teams rough up their Sweet 16 opponents. Maybe not to the extent that Kentucky just did, but West Virginia played a style that was exactly what would get you killed by Kentucky.

They are the best team this year. But they've also gone to overtime with Georgia.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I was actually looking forward to this game (Though the main event for me was Wisconsin). I knew I wasn't going to watch all of it, but I thought I'd last until at least 10:30 and/or the first half. Alas, it was not to be. 5 fouls were called (4 on WVU, 1 on UK) before I even had a chance to tune in. I tuned in just in time for the 6th foul and it was barely a nickel-dimer. It's kind of tough to have a competitive game when one team has four 7-footers and the refs put the other team's best big man on the bench with foul trouble before the first TV time out. It was like watching the NBA. For the love of Crhsit, Zebras, the whistle doesn't have to be blown every time down the court.

Needless to say, I went to bed relatively early last night.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Steve Sommers from WFAN predicted WVU would win and that he'd talk, brag about his pick on his show tonught......I sense a sick day coming from Mr. Sommers.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The talent gap is reminding me of the old UCLA days and a bit of the current UConn womens teams.
I really don't think anyone will beat them unless Kensucky goes into a game long outside shooting slump or they get into crazy foul trouble.
The way they hit the threes last night spells trouble for any opponent.
WVU picked the worst time to 1. go cold from the outside and 2.have their best big guy get two "fouls" on him the 1st two minutes.
For a minute I thought Brimah xferred to WVU

I really thought that if they clicked on all cylinders, WVU has the athleticism and the maturity to beat KU. Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom