Would Dawn Staley take the Stanford Job? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Would Dawn Staley take the Stanford Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't see Staley coaching anywhere else. She's royalty there, they have a statue of her and she made almost $4 million after bonuses this year and has her team primed to dominate for the next several years.

Exactly!

Reaction Score
It took years for Staley to get SC to the top. She is now the most successful program in WCBB. Every top recruit and every transfer student looks to SC first. Dawn Staley makes millions from WBB and more millions from commercials, etc.
We have seen her become more comfortable with herself and her persona. She is very contented. IMHO she never thinks of Pro ball--male of female with all the headaches and travel. For what? Money? Titles? The same with going to another University. For what? Starting all over? More titles than SC?
She will be at SC until she stops enjoying it. Just like Geno!!

Reaction Score
Hasn’t Stanford already said they are promoting one of the asst coaches?
Correct. Stanford elevated the assistant coach who has been there for years to head coach. Besides, Dawn has made an amazing transformation of the womens' basketball program at South Carolina and has more goals there (like another NC) to accomplish.

Reaction Score
She has the best program in the country and it is humming along so absolutely no. The Stanford job is going internal and the travel is going to be incredible playing in the ACC. I really think in the next year of so the Big Ten will expand more on the west coast and will put the old PAC12 back together but until then that is an awful job.

Reaction Score
Why would she? What would she gain? (Plus, as @Vowelguy says, the job is filled.)
Stanford has announced that one of Tara's coaches is taking the job. Stanford is in a total mess, given the collapse of the Pac 10 conference. The coast to coast travel demands will be draining. The conference they are moving to has all different rivalries and history. Brick went to the draft because she didn't want the travel ahead for Stanford. And they may lose other key players a well. There is nothing a Stanford for Dawn Staley. She has the national champion, and a pipeline of talent unmatched by anyone. She will likely win 5 national championships in a row.

Reaction Score
Dawn makes big bucks. Even if she were willing, I doubt Stanford would be willing to outbid South Carolina for her services.
Tara. Made Stanford basketball, with their standards and no HOF coach, expect Stanford to fade like Tennessee has.

Reaction Score
Maybe she wants to coach in the NBA. The Charlotte Hornets have an opening and they are interviewing Lindsay Harding so why not Dawn Staley.
Dawn makes $3Mil… why go to the NBA or WNBA to make $300,000? I mean that isn’t stepping down the ladder, that’s sliding down the pole.

Reaction Score
Tara. Made Stanford basketball, with their standards and no HOF coach, expect Stanford to fade like Tennessee has.
All Stanford sports will suffer. I seem to remember that they always had a very high score in the Learfield Directors Cup. They just won their 26th cup.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Why would she move to California and end up paying almost half of her salary in taxes, State and Federal vs what she pays in South Carolina and Federal?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Why would she move to California and end up paying almost half of her salary in taxes, State and Federal vs what she pays in South Carolina and Federal?
Because California > SC? You get what you pay for.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Because California > SC? You get what you pay for.
I've been to both, I'll take South Carolina over California any day. Now if you had asked that question 10 to 15 years ago California would most likely win.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Have you ever lived in a major California metropolis? Have you even visited one RECENTLY. Lotsa Good but lotsa bad.
I haven't lived there, but I've certainly visited. My nephew lives in the LA area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom