WNBA Draft (merged) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft (merged)

Reaction Score
Looks like Nika will be packing her bags after getting back from Kelsey Plum's camp, Traing camp starts April 28th for the Storm in their brand new state of the art practice facilities. See link below. I imagine Aaliyah is on a similar schedule. So after four great years at calling Storrs there home they are off to their next chapters. They will be greatly missed but expecting only the best for each of them as they begin their pro careers

Reaction Score
Was anyone else surprised Sara Scalia wasn’t drafted? She’s a fantastic shooter and more than just a spot-up one so I was surprised to see a team didn’t draft her. Not to call anyone out in particular but I thought she had a better season than at least three of the mid-major guards drafted.
Not really. I mean teams have certain needs and they draft according to those needs. Not getting drafted could be a blessing for Sara because once teams go through their camps, as a free agent, she could get picked up by anyone of those teams and go from there. It gives her some room to check her options. Plus, a lot of undrafted players are looking at that overseas market. More $$$

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not really. I mean teams have certain needs and they draft according to those needs. Not getting drafted could be a blessing for Sara because once teams go through their camps, as a free agent, she could get picked up by anyone of those teams and go from there. It gives her some room to check her options. Plus, a lot of undrafted players are looking at that overseas market. More $$$
While there is a large market abroad there are leagues which might be termed minor with corresponding pay scales. In the "major" leagues there can be limitations on the number of foreign players per team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89
Top Bottom