why is the football board placed above the basketball board? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

why is the football board placed above the basketball board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?
Why do cyclists ride bikes , while bikers ride cycles.?
How is it that time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.?
How could you pat me on the back in front of my face, and then cut my throat behind my back?
I don't know. Third base.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Channeling my inner Sean Parker, I have always been bothered by the 'The' in 'The Boneyard'. Drop the 'The' and we might have a multi-hundred dollar website here.

Reaction Score
are we trying to prove we're something we're not?

we're a basketball school, I'm proud of that, I don't think we need any pretenses

Perhaps you're a season ticket holder, attend all the football games, go to the recruiting day & spring game, so I somewhat apologize for the burn if that is the case (and thank you for your support), but from what I'm hearing, It's 'fans' like you that continue to fail to support the athletic program in all major sports that aid (among many other things, a la our lack of winning recently, I'm aware) bringing us up to something that we haven't been yet, that being a basketball AND a football school. No, we'll never be Texas. But do you really think this is our ceiling? As opposed to jarring off about what link is higher than the other, maybe you should spend some time thinking that we can be something more than we already are. Around 200,000 people attended the championship parade in 2014. The support can happen, perhaps you should get on board.

Reaction Score
Why can't we route for both the football and basketball team, is it ok to be a fan of both?

Reaction Score
Perhaps you're a season ticket holder, attend all the football games, go to the recruiting day & spring game, so I somewhat apologize for the burn if that is the case (and thank you for your support), but from what I'm hearing, It's 'fans' like you that continue to fail to support the athletic program in all major sports that aid (among many other things, a la our lack of winning recently, I'm aware) bringing us up to something that we haven't been yet, that being a basketball AND a football school. No, we'll never be Texas. But do you really think this is our ceiling? As opposed to jarring off about what link is higher than the other, maybe you should spend some time thinking that we can be something more than we already are. Around 200,000 people attended the championship parade in 2014. The support can happen, perhaps you should get on board.

You know I agree with what some of you say about "fans like willie" but also need to throw my hat in the ring. I grew up a UConn basketball fan since I was able to listen to George Erlich on the transistor. I also grew up watching Lindsay Nelson replay's on Sunday with dad, Notre Dame football. I went to an occasional football game at Memorial just because. I always read the clippings and articles about football as there was a bond to the school yet it wasn't strong with football. I'll shorten this by saying I began to get into this team as much as possible when they went D1 and went to as many games as I could make although wouldn't miss a Saturday tee time for too many. When they opened The Rent I was all in, why not? It was fun, they were good enough to watch and compete. But let's be honest, stability needs to be on both ends, not just the fans. It's been a while since the Rent opened and the variance in talent, coaching and requiting is obvious. I believe never liked Edsall, not easy to root for but he did a nice job with a ceiling that he finally hit. PP was awful, ruined the game for those of us on the outside looking to maybe come in. And now I do believe in Diaco but he needs to win us right? I mean I went to South Bend for the game and I was a Husky fan so I'm right here, I did not root for ND although going out I was unsure.

If you want to bitch about people like willie and even I for that matter then win us over. I do care about P5 but not enough to put my clubs down to watch a team who is not even fun on the field, not entertaining. Remember I'm a basketball fan and always was. When I was going to the Field House and later the Civic Center where there were 7-8K during the week in the 80's prior and early JC nobody gave a rats a**. Then when they started to win and win they did, the real fans were left out in the cold for the people who jumped on the bandwagon. How did they do that? Easy keep winning and keep throwing an entertaining brand on the court.

Let's see that first before you ask us to drop everything for them. Sorry if that's not a "real fan" but maybe I'm not yet. Up to your coaches and players to make that happen just like basketball for so many who are now just that!

Reaction Score
I'd consider myself to be a pretty big UConn football fan but anyone trying to argue that a recruiting class ranked 100th in the country isn't awful is just being willfully ignorant. I know the football board has this weird aversion to star rankings, but come on.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Wow kids are starving, wars being waged, unemployment and poverty is rampant, kids being bullied to the extent of resulting suicides, unprecendented crime and murders occuring in this country. . . . . . . . . . . .

AND THIS IS IMPORTANT TO THE OP???

I know it was a throw away joke, but this is one of my pet peeves. Sorry!

If by "unprecendented" crime you mean the lowest crime rates in generations... well then I guess it's unprecedented. Seriously we haven't had crime rates this low since the early 1950s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom