why is the football board placed above the basketball board? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

why is the football board placed above the basketball board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm sure similar words were uttered about our basketball program in the mid 1980's. . .

in a way I suppose, when the media said we should get out of the BEAST because we can't compete at that level (I certainly didn't go to that extreme, although some have)

I would love for the football team to regain the footing it had until RE, I think BD is going to improve our status greatly. But we are a basketball school, I'm not sure football can ever change that

Reaction Score
I'm glad this came up. Recruiting was going so well the search for the inane and negative had run dry. In all seriousness marking it ot is the same as saying I have an irrelevant comment in this thread.

Reaction Score
Geez, I'm recognizing that "always look on the bright side of life" view of the world.......the OP...my wife...could it be that willie99... is.... my .....uggh

Reaction Score
Football got our athletic department rolling back in 1924.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If a tree falls in the middle of the forest with no one around, was chief there to report it?
Probably not since he's hanging with (imaginary) 'Dre.

Reaction Score
Are you teeing up your next puzzler of "Why women have vaginas and dudes have dicks?"

Why do I keep opening these thread, when I know how inane they'll be? That behavior alone makes me dopier than the original poster.

Reaction Score
ouch, If your intention was to shoot an arrow through my heart... bulls-eye!

the irony runs deep

I'm sorry, doesn't our recruiting class $uck? Why don't we land any blue chip recruits?

and my sources tell me Ollie is signing with OKC in the morning

Pepe's >>>>>> Sally's

feel better?

Let me pose a question to you. Would you and every other poster here on the basketball board who has nothing good to say about the football program, attend six games a year in a couple of bad seasons, if it meant getting UConn into the Big Ten? It's really a simple question. You either support it, or you don't, but don't complain about UConn's current position in college athletics because without football, they'd be G5 regardless.

I'm no longer writing on the blog here, so I am free to post whatever I want. Your conclusion that the past recruiting class sucks, without any basis, is foolish. Go tell that to the best defensive tackle in the state of Pennsylvania. Go tell that to the freshman QB, who possesses all the tools. Go tell that to each and every one of the kids who committed, who are all here because not only can they play football at a high level, but because they are great people off the field, as well. Each are someone that every resident of the state can look to and be proud that they are wearing their school's uniform. If you read or listened to any of the interviews I conducted with each of the commits, you might have an idea of what I'm talking about.

You make pretty drastic claims, so I'll ask you the following. Have you seen them play? Have they even arrived at UConn yet, besides Tyler Davis? Have you even seen film on any of the commits? Or are you basing it off a recruiting ranking that some online database put out?

What are your thoughts on UConn beating out Georgia, TCU and Oregon to get a Florida State transfer linebacker, a former 5* recruit, this offseason? Do you even know that occurred?

By your rationale, each of the following sucked just as bad, yet somehow, they are all currently playing professional ball either in the NFL or CFL:

Larry Taylor
Donald Brown
Marcus Easley
Ryan Griffin
William Beatty
Martin Bedard
John Delahunt
Alex Mateas
Tyvon Branch
Darius Butler
Dwayne Gratz
Danny Lansanah
Robert McClain
Sio Moore
Dan Orlovsky
Kendall Reyes
Shamar Stephen
Donald Thomas
Jordan Todman
Nick Williams
Blidi Wreh-Wilson
BJ McBryde

The point is, you fans on the basketball board, that bleed UConn blue and white have a choice. You can either be part of the solution, which is filling stadiums, showing support and making The Rent something it once was. Or you can sit here and bicker and complain about something that really does have a lot of potential right now. It's really your choice. UConn is setting themselves up for something great, not just as an athletic department, but as a school.

A season ticket count of only 15,000 is not going to help that cause. It may only be a small factor, but it's an area that fans can control. So how about you support the program instead of bad mouthing it every chance you guys get?

The QB battle is also not over. They have a JUCO coming from California that will compete for the starting spot this year. With the o-line expected to be much better and more experienced, there's a lot of potential here.

To give you a taste of the upcoming year, here's an interview I did with Garrett Anderson, the QB from Cali:

Reaction Score
are we trying to prove we're something we're not?

we're a basketball school, I'm proud of that, I don't think we need any pretenses

Because having to move the mouse less than an inch to click on the bball board is the best exercise most of us get in a typical day.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Months that begin on a Sunday always have a Friday the 13th in them.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If a tree falls in the middle of the forest with no one around, was chief there to report it?

"Quite frankly, some here asked me to watch the tree that I, quite frankly, predicted would fall in the forest. I did expect the tree to fall as that, quite frankly, is what my sources indicated, but quite frankly it did not in fact fall. I will have to check with my sources and get back to you on why the tree did not fall."

Reaction Score
Wow kids are starving, wars being waged, unemployment and poverty is rampant, kids being bullied to the extent of resulting suicides, unprecendented crime and murders occuring in this country. . . . . . . . . . . .

AND THIS IS IMPORTANT TO THE OP???

kNQTCaJ.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Speaking of which, does the Pope sh/t in the woods?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Shut UP and
#HuskyUp

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzdWpK8gm0w

'Why are they called apartments if they are so close together?'

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just to pi$$ you off?

Reaction Score
are we trying to prove we're something we're not?

we're a basketball school, I'm proud of that, I don't think we need any pretenses
Are you not the same clown who advocated to move all our games to Hartford because for the first time in a millions years we had a better record at the XL than Gampel?

Reaction Score
Football allowed us to one-up PC long ago. The all-time leading rusher for Providence's NFL team was a UConn player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom