who's watching Indiana playing ND close? | The Boneyard

who's watching Indiana playing ND close?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It was close. Now it's 10 points.

Wash led Maryland by 8, but is down 5 now.

Reaction Score
Too bad they don't have the ability to defend the Irish for much longer. You must go over the top of the screen to defend them.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
FSU is playing their A game, up on TAMU by 21 at the half.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Indiana stayed close by hitting 3s (6-11), including 4 from Karlee McBride, the 4th of which was an off-balance heave that banked in to beat the shot clock. It doesn't seem likely they can replicate that. McBride was totally gassed midway through the 2nd quarter. Will be interesting to see if she has her legs under her in the 2nd half.

ND is doing a nice job on Buss.

Lindsay just goes to a different place in the tournament. This is the same Allen from last year's regional, when she was ND's best player in taking down Stanford and Baylor. ND is also getting the good version of Marina Mabrey tonight, which is very helpful. After their big girl went out with foul trouble, Indiana's rim protection was not great.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I'm at the IU-ND game! Great seats. Go Hoosiers!!
Huskies would be up 20 right now. ND playing their C+ game so far.

Reaction Score
I have such mixed feelings about the USF/UCLA game later. Of course, I always want the lower ranking team in our bracket to advance, but USF???? Like the movie, THE THING THAT WOULDN'T DIE.

Reaction Score
So far, in their first two games, Maryland has been rather underwhelming. Not the team that
I was hoping might overpower Notre Dame.

Maybe it takes them a couple of games to get warmed up.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Hoosiers on the comeback trail!
55-50 -ND

Reaction Score
ND not playing much defense. Though I doubt if Indiana has enough quality to hang with them down the stretch.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, I've seen ND play better D. Giving up too many layup attempts in transition. Indiana really can't guard Turner and Buss doesn't really play a whole lot of D. Just have to get the stops on them because the points should be there.

Reaction Score
Really surprised that Hoosiers are within 2 in the 3rd quarter!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, Indiana deserves more credit than I gave them at half. I thought they would fall away in the 2nd half. ND is having a little trouble figuring out exactly what to do against this defense.

Reaction Score
I think the Hoosiers would be ahead a point or two but they've figured out if you touch ND you get a whistle so they just get out of the way when they bull rush the basket.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think the Hoosiers would be ahead a point or two but they've figured out if you touch ND you get a whistle so they just get out of the way when they bull rush the basket.

:rolleyes: I was wondering how long that would take to start up again.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Moren's done an AMAZING job at Indiana...

And I've got to wonder how much TAMU is missing their suspended second leading scorer... sucks for the seniors...

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
:rolleyes: I was wondering how long that would take to start up again.

I just watched two contacts between Cable and McBride. Cable got fouled -- hard, for sure, but certainly not flagrantly -- on a breakaway layup and the homer crowd went nuts. Moments later, McBride got whistled for an offensive foul on Cable, whose flop qualified for an Oscar (the announcers correctly praised Ms Cable for her theatrics).

As for the game, ND cashed in on Indiana's careless passes to stretch a two-point lad to eight in the blink of an eye. Allen is playing like Skylar did and Turner is unstoppable inside.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I just watched two contacts between Cable and McBride. Cable got fouled -- hard, for sure, but certainly not flagrantly -- on a breakaway layup and the homer crowd went nuts. Moments later, McBride got whistled for an offensive foul on Cable, whose flop qualified for an Oscar (the announcers correctly praised Ms Cable for her theatrics).

As for the game, ND cashed in on Indiana's careless passes to stretch a two-point lad to eight in the blink of an eye. Allen is playing like Skylar did and Turner is unstoppable inside.

Man, that crowd is embarrassing. How do they think the ball flew away on that play?! Because McBride made a play on the ball! There is not cause to be mad at all about that, let alone to boo the girl every time she gets the ball.

The McGraw's Bench gang isn't much better. They were criticizing Cable for playing poorly early in the game. You would think if anyone had earned a pass for a bad quarter or two, it's Madison Cable. Of course, they had to eat their crow when she nailed some dagger threes later.

LA was awesome tonight. ND might have been in real trouble if not for her play, especially in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
IU was playing ND tough at end of 3rd qtr. Down 56-54, I was dreaming upset.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I do find the ND flop to be annoying but was pretty impressed with Indiana staying in the game. ND played really poorly on defense and looked less than organized on offense against a decent zone defense. Still, never thought ND would lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom