Who's Number 2 | The Boneyard

Who's Number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I will say ND is number 2. Duke 3 Stanford 4. Tenn 5. With Duke and ND going at it 2 or 3 times in the ACC I would think Stanford and Tenn might have better records. The commentators mentioned Duke has 4 seniors starting which means next season they should/might fall in the polls. Stanford loses Chiney and ND loses a lot. So I gotta figure Tenn will be number 2 preseason rankings next season and there wont be a 1vs 2 game if they are. Frankly I would like nothing more then to beat them to a pulp but because of what happened I don't want to see us playing them. The wounds have may never heal. If we do in the NCAAs that's out of our control and if it is this season in Nashville, where Geno wins number 9 one more then Pat, and doing it in Tenn against Tenn well it wont get much better then that.

Reaction Score
I will say ND is number 2. Duke 3 Stanford 4. Tenn 5. With Duke and ND going at it 2 or 3 times in the ACC I would think Stanford and Tenn might have better records. The commentators mentioned Duke has 4 seniors starting which means next season they should/might fall in the polls. Stanford loses Chiney and ND loses a lot. So I gotta figure Tenn will be number 2 preseason rankings next season and there wont be a 1vs 2 game if they are. Frankly I would like nothing more then to beat them to a pulp but because of what happened I don't want to see us playing them. The wounds have may never heal. If we do in the NCAAs that's out of our control and if it is this season in Nashville, where Geno wins number 9 one more then Pat, and doing it in Tenn against Tenn well it wont get much better then that.
After Sunday we will have a new mix up of top 5 teams as follows as I predict Tennessee falls to Stanford and Duke bounds to beat Kentucky at home. UConn #1, ND, Stanford, Duke, Kentucky, Tennessee

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
We'll know by the time the next poll is released. If Tenn beats Stanford, they'll be ranked 2nd. If not, it will either be ND or Kentucky. If Tenn loses and Kentucky beats Duke, then Kentucky will be ranked 2nd and Notre Dame 3rd.

If we disregard rankings and ask which team is the 2nd best team, I'd go with Notre Dame followed by Tenn and Kentucky. Tenn and Kentucky are interchangeable as both are good teams with flaws. IMHO Tenn its their guard play and for Kentucky its their post play. They'll probably split their games this year, each winning at home. I think ND is the most complete team and they know how to win.

Reaction Score
Might make a case that it really doesn't matter at all. UConn just blew the reigning #2 out of theri own building in a game that was not really a contest. I guess its possible that UConn gets beat along the way. I don't see how though.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone can beat U-conn or ND this year except for each other so we are #1 and nd #2.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone can beat U-conn or ND this year except for each other so we are #1 and nd #2.
Agree, almost completely. I agree that ND has the best (only ?) chance of anyone beating UCONN this year . However, after watching last nights drubbing of #2 Duke, it would take a confluence of unfavorable UCONN events (injury,illness,career worst games etc.) for ND to pull one out against UCONN.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
It's amazing how some people go for the same old teams such as ND, Utenn and Kentucky. They're not the only undefeated teams out there, you know. I'm going with San Diego as #2 and UTEP as #3. No-one knows how good these teams are as they haven't played conference teams yet. This early in the season I certainly wouldn't pick Duke, Maryland or Stanford in the top 3 as each has already lost a game.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how some people go for the same old teams such as ND, Utenn and Kentucky. They're not the only undefeated teams out there, you know. I'm going with San Diego as #2 and UTEP as #3. No-one knows how good these teams are as they haven't played conference teams yet. This early in the season I certainly wouldn't pick Duke, Maryland or Stanford in the top 3 as each has already lost a game.
Does it matter if an undefeated team has only played teams in the bottom 150 out of 347? That's the case with both UTEP and San Diego. Just saying......

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Does it matter if an undefeated team has only played teams in the bottom 150 out of 347? That's the case with both UTEP and San Diego. Just saying......
It doesn't matter to me.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That's really going out on the limb taking "The Field" to replace ND instead of naming their replacement and a reason why?
You guys are fighting like cats and dogs. :p

Reaction Score

Only ND could give us a good game - for 25 minutes maybe. So I see them as #2. The rest are also-rans.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's a thought for April:

A NC game pitting undefeated UConn vs. undefeated ND. It could happen.

Reaction Score
Do you think Tenn will still be pre-season #2 if they beat UCONN in the N.C. game?
:):p:D:p;):):cool::p:D:rolleyes: Sorry, that question just sounded so funny in my head that I had to ask it. My hope is UCONN plays N.D. in the semi-final and Tenn in the final. Already have my tickets and can't wait.
74 TO GO

Reaction Score
Could also be undefeated UConn vs undefeated Tennessee...

Not likely! Tennessee will not beat Stanford or Notre Dame. Tennessee still plays playground basketball not team basketball. They win against less talented and less experienced teams. They have not beaten an elite team in a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom