Who's gonna guard DeAndre Daniels | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who's gonna guard DeAndre Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But you miss where this apparently has the potential to be closer to a home game for UConn.

Actually I didn't miss that at all, not sure why its got you so worked up. Comparing nearly identical away records isn't going to matter a lick tonight.

UConn will definitely have the edge at MSG as its pretty much their home away from home. I think you'll find more MSU and ISU fans there than you imagine though. Both schools travel in droves.

Reaction Score
Lol. ISU isn't UL defensively. If ISU were they would be the favorite in the tournament, because ISU has a better offense.
LOL....Louisville isn't ISU offensively. If they were they would have gotten the #1 overall seed because Louisville has a better defense. :)

See what I did there:) I am joking here so don't get all jacka33 on me:)

Reaction Score
KU without Embiid and ISU with Niang. Listen the Niang loss makes almost all of ISUs stats an credentials null and void. There is no telling how that will change things long term. Right now UNC is the only game to judge ISU on. It was a close game which ISU came out the victor. UNC fortunately or unfortunately is nothing like UConn, almost the inverse. God I want the game to start. I hope it's a clean, fun game where both teams play hard and no one gets hurt. And I'm done.

Well put caw! The game cannot get here soon enough and thanks to all the boneyard posters for the fun week! The vast majority have been cordial and it's made for some good discussion. Only a few hours left!!!

Reaction Score
Btw ISU could kill UConn tonight or be killed. I'm just saying you guys seem to be way overstating your credentials an dismissing UConns. It's quite absurd. There is a reason Vegas has this at almost a pick em.

Sorry man, you must have me mixed up with someone else. I actually think UConn will take it tonight. I was merely pointing out similarities in both teams.

Neither has a very impressive away/neutral record, both have impressive wins on the schedule and both have some embarrassing, head scratching losses too. That's just a season and its why neither is a one seed.

Reaction Score
Btw ISU could kill UConn tonight or be killed. I'm just saying you guys seem to be way overstating your credentials an dismissing UConns. It's quite absurd. There is a reason Vegas has this at almost a pick em.

It's the beauty of message board "discussions" caw;) Come on! Don't you know that no matter what you say, what records or stats you throw out there, Iowa State is and always will be the vastly superior team:D Seriously though, the game should be a great one. Vegas doesn't seem to be far off... Ever*...

*Except for the damn ISU/WV game!:D

Reaction Score
Who is dismissing UConn's credentials? They have a home win over Florida which is impressive. They have a road win against Memphis which is solid. They have neutral court wins against Cincy and Villanova also very good wins. They also have a home loss to SMU and really never played Louisville close.
I think UConn's defense will be tough to crack. Napier is, well, Napier. There is no comparison. Daniels is a stud. Boatwright is scary. Personally I think you guys overrate Brimah because he seems very undisciplined but hey

Gonna be a great game.

Reaction Score
Who is dismissing UConn's credentials? They have a home win over Florida which is impressive. They have a road win against Memphis which is solid. They have neutral court wins against Cincy and Villanova also very good wins. They also have a home loss to SMU and really never played Louisville close.
I think UConn's defense will be tough to crack. Napier is, well, Napier. There is no comparison. Daniels is a stud. Boatwright is scary. Personally I think you guys overrate Brimah because he seems very undisciplined but hey

Gonna be a great game.

Gotta say before the AAC tournament I would have agreed with you, but since the AAC Tourney I've seen Brimah improve by what looks like leaps and bounds every single game. I wouldn't dismiss him, he seems to be a quick learner, very athletic for his size and has good instincts on defense.

Anyways, I can't wait for tonight.

Reaction Score
Gotta say before the AAC tournament I would have agreed with you, but since the AAC Tourney I've seen Brimah improve by what looks like leaps and bounds every single game. I wouldn't dismiss him, he seems to be a quick learner, very athletic for his size and has good instincts on defense.

Anyways, I can't wait for tonight.

Three blocks per game is scary with an undersized ISU squad. I think Daniels is going to cause a whole host of problems too.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Fouls will be the story of the game. The winner will avoid foul trouble.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You want to look at bad losses too? Because Houston and SMU aren't really games you want to hang your hat on either.

My only point is neither of these teams have a stellar away record. Not that ISU's is better than UConn's or vice versa. These are very similar teams.

You are really going to compare your school's visit to Morgantown with any of the three above losses of ours that you mentioned above?

Reaction Score
You are really going to compare your school's visit to Morgantown with any of the three above losses of ours that you mentioned above?

Yes, because they were all bad losses. Either you have them, or you don't. Losing by 10 or 20 is like arguing on if your house is 60% or 80% on fire. Just put it out. Making them a trend is the issue. The WVU loss is no more meaningful to tonight than the Houston loss was to UConn, because neither team made a trend out of them.

I'm more interested in who teams beat recently and currently UConn waxing the floor with a #2 is a stronger lead in than ISU slipping past a #6. If UConn continues to play at an elevated level like that I think ISU will have a lot of issues getting into rhythm.

But, if ISU does lose, it won't be because of a February loss any more than UConn's would be.

Reaction Score
Well . Their guards are too big for us. Daniels isnt a mismatch cause he's too weak. The big 12 is filled with Ewing and Mutombo-like big men, so Brimah will just get dunked over on every play. Sell your tickets guys. No point in wasting your time on this one. We'll be the 4th best supported team at the Garden anyways. I'm sure there's 10k Iowa St fans waiting in midtown to swoop up your tickets.
Is there 10,000 people living in Iowa????? You must import some out of towners to expect that many fans to anything. Maybe they'll pull a weekend at Bernies and bring in a couple of corpse to fill a couple of seats. You would think there are a multitude of Big 12 national champions the way some of these people come over here and talk. They've accomplished nothing in their lifetimes and yet, somehow they're going to pulverize everyone. How many kids on this team have won a national championship????? Zilch, nada! Yet the talk continues. I concede they've got a nice team but the bravado is stupid. Do something and then talk about it, don't talk about it and then get humiliated.

Reaction Score
Is there 10,000 people living in Iowa????? You must import some out of towners to expect that many fans to anything. Maybe they'll pull a weekend at Bernies and bring in a couple of corpse to fill a couple of seats. You would think there are a multitude of Big 12 national champions the way some of these people come over here and talk. They've accomplished nothing in their lifetimes and yet, somehow they're going to pulverize everyone. How many kids on this team have won a national championship????? Zilch, nada! Yet the talk continues. I concede they've got a nice team but the bravado is stupid. Do something and then talk about it, don't talk about it and then get humiliated.

All message boards are is "talk"... Take all the stats, speculation, hype, etc and throw them out of the window as they/we have absolutely NO impact on the outcome of the game. So go ahead and make fun of the state of Iowa. Go ahead and bash the Iowa State posters because when it comes down to it, none of it actually matters one iota:eek:

Reaction Score
Great post "superj" but the most important line was "We are friggin' UConn.....people fear us!" And,while we may not have the most intimidating roster this year, all you have to know from listening to all of the quotes and interviews throughout the season; and from watching them play, is that, like every UCONN team that takes the floor, no matter who the opponent is and no matter what is at stake, they are a band of brothers whose strength is in that bond...the bond that not only connects them to each other but to ALL of the great history that is UCONN BASKETBALL. And believe me, Iowa State, when all is said and done, will know the difference.

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE CYCLONES!!!
555.jpg

628x471.jpg

Reaction Score
You can tell game time is getting closer. The natives are getting restless.

caw

Reaction Score
Finesse and back to the basket aren't mutually exclusive. He may not back someone down but he can post and has a nice turn around, and somewhat of a floater/hook. It's not his main shot. Then again when playing the four there are few smaller players that defend him.

Daniels can get position decently if that's the game plan on Ejim. There are more ways to get position in the post than backing a player down.

Wonder if ISU knows what posting up for a finesse player means now.

Reaction Score
I'm sick of hearing everywhere how Iowa State is going to beat us. Even on our own board people are fretting over who guards DeAndre Kane, Ejim, how we cover all their shooters, can we keep up with such a well oiled machine. , who guards DeAndre Daniels, who guards Ryan Boatright who on Iowa State is going to be the first one to challenge Amida Brimah and get the ball sent into the 8th row at MSG. We are friggin' UConn.....people fear us!

How did this call make it for the night huh super john - NICE!

Reaction Score
DD channeling his inner George Gervin tonight. Nothing like having the best game of your career in the biggest game of your career.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm sick of hearing everywhere how Iowa State is going to beat us. Even on our own board people are fretting over who guards DeAndre Kane, Ejim, how we cover all their shooters, can we keep up with such a well oiled machine. , who guards DeAndre Daniels, who guards Ryan Boatright who on Iowa State is going to be the first one to challenge Amida Brimah and get the ball sent into the 8th row at MSG. We are friggin' UConn.....people fear us!

Ah, I guess the answer to your question was "no one".

No one will guard DeAndre. A bunch tried, I think, but no one guarded him.

Reaction Score
his ballhandling has really improved, there was a time where once you saw him take a few dribbles you were holding your breath waiting for the inevitable turnover. we don't ask him to handle the ball alot since he's always on the floor with 2 PGs, but he's much more sure of himself when he commits himself to a move, that crossiver and finish at the rim in the 1st half might have been the best move of his career.

Reaction Score
His baseline turnaround was so smooth! He has a phenomenal mid-range game that, when he's on, is virtually unguardable. The problem is he's only been on three or four times this season.

Let's hope the momentum from this game and the urgency from the end of the season will kick him into gear. When we were this close to the end of our season last year Deandre was playing like a lottery pick... now we're getting to the end of this season and it seems to be a little bit of history repeating. I hope!

Reaction Score
Kane looked like he was concerned with showing how physical and tough he is and forgot about basketball at times. Daniels just straight up balled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom