Whoever UConn just played post game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Whoever UConn just played post game thread

Reaction Score
Saw some good things yesterday with Roberson and the offense. Defense still showing good hustle and aggression but just a couple of bad angles allowed some longer gains than necessary. I see more turnovers being created by this group in the second half of the season. Still have to accept the fact that Rice handed us the game with huge mistakes, but we were due a few breaks this season.

The thing I still don't like is our 2nd and long play choices on offense. We need to be a little more aggressive and have some more options through the air we have confidence in. Finally that late kickoff into the end zone with the penalty was absurd. Takes zero time off the clock and gives them the ball at the 25 yard line. We could have accomplished more with a squib kick and a chance for a recovery around the same location or deeper. In what universe does that make any sense? Coaches gotta do way better.

Reaction Score
I'm 100% sold on him vs. the alternatives on the bench.
You see it in all sports. Sometimes a coaches best decision is to stick with a struggling player that the fans want benched. A lot of time that player rewards the coaches faith and turns it around.

Reaction Score
Watched on gamecast from a hotel room in Spain. We actually won a shootout by getting 4 turnovers.... I don't know that I've ever been excited by a line of text as I was when they posted that 59 yarder to Joly. Can't wait to get home and watch it.
Just out of curiosity what part of Spain were you in? Flew back from the South Coast yesterday.

Reaction Score
Saw some good things yesterday with Roberson and the offense. Defense still showing good hustle and aggression but just a couple of bad angles allowed some longer gains than necessary. I see more turnovers being created by this group in the second half of the season. Still have to accept the fact that Rice handed us the game with huge mistakes, but we were due a few breaks this season.

The thing I still don't like is our 2nd and long play choices on offense. We need to be a little more aggressive and have some more options through the air we have confidence in. Finally that late kickoff into the end zone with the penalty was absurd. Takes zero time off the clock and gives them the ball at the 25 yard line. We could have accomplished more with a squib kick and a chance for a recovery around the same location or deeper. In what universe does that make any sense? Coaches gotta do way better.
Special teams need to improve. Another missed PAT, last punt was only 31 yards, missed FG and the fact that McFadden was credited with two tackles on kickoff returns. Need better coverage. But punt coverage also recovered a fumble on plus side.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Special teams need to improve. Another missed PAT, last punt was only 31 yards, missed FG and the fact that McFadden was credited with two tackles on kickoff returns. Need better coverage. But punt coverage also recovered a fumble on plus side.
Yup Specials cost at least 4 points.

Reaction Score
Rice vs UConn, Week 6

Considering the expectations, the opponent and the site of the game, this must be one of the worst losses (if not the worst) over the past 35 seasons. I'm trying to think of one worse (Nicholls State?).
Their fans are delusional if they think Rice is anything more than a mediocre football program in a mediocre conference.

Did I expect Uconn to win? Not really based on how out season has gone, but I was definitely viewed it as a winnable game. And based on the way the offense is playing now, I think Uconn can definitely beat USF & finish the second half strong.

Reaction Score
Charlton is terrible for many reasons, but the most glaring mistake was his decision to make Roberson QB2 at the start of the season.

GA
Well, in all fairness Roberson did not look good in first few games. It’s not like it was a miraculous turnaround when he took over for Fagnano but he is obviously laying claim to the position and for that we should all be happy.

Reaction Score

I think it's because they are worried about our coverage and giving up long returns. Special teams is atrocious and they know it.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. But two of the TOs, the swing pass and the punt drop were unforced errors. The truth is that many college football games are lost rather than won.

But we deserve credit for a pretty clean offensive game. We put ourselves in a position to win. And an ugly win looks beautiful in the standings.

I thought yesterday was an example that of what it must be like to play us.

Good win. And even not ugly but that Rice team wasn’t very good.

Reaction Score
We must be close to the lead for FBS schools in having to overcome 2nd and more than 10 to go. Whether it is Charlton's playcalls or penalties this is hard to overcome and win games. They have a bye week to improve on first down and get better on special teams. That short final punt was ridiculous plus another extra point blocked.

Reaction Score
Their fans are delusional if they think Rice is anything more than a mediocre football program in a mediocre conference.

Did I expect Uconn to win? Not really based on how out season has gone, but I was definitely viewed it as a winnable game. And based on the way the offense is playing now, I think Uconn can definitely beat USF & finish the second half strong.
Rice fans aren't the only people who expected a win for Rice. The following is from ESPN:

"Roberson got the Huskies their first W of the year, and dealt Rice a loss so embarrassing JT Daniels will now transfer again"

Reaction Score
Rice fans aren't the only people who expected a win for Rice. The following is from ESPN:

"Roberson got the Huskies their first W of the year, and dealt Rice a loss so embarrassing JT Daniels will now transfer again"

Do you have a link to that?

Also incredibly insulting. That team wasn’t tgat good. When we are playing reasonably well and not making unforced errors we are much closer to what we expected to see this year.

Reaction Score

Our 0-5 start gave license to anyone who wants to take gratuitous shots at our program. Lots of people don't like us. The only way to stop this noise is to win. And we have played like poo up this point.

Reaction Score

Do you have a link to that?

Also incredibly insulting. That team wasn’t tgat good. When we are playing reasonably well and not making unforced errors we are much closer to what we expected to see this year.

insulting but funny

Reaction Score
Jurkovic lost his QB job at Pitt - he was arguably even worse than JF - and now Narduzzi appears to have him practicing as a TE.

I wonder if there is any other position Zion can play, or is willing to play?
Thinking that would be foolish. Back up QB's need to stay ready and fit, not injured.

Reaction Score
That’s almost as many people as were at the at the game yesterday.
What WAS the official attendance yesterday anyway? Couldn't have been more than 1500 on the UConn (bench) side of the field and the one end zone with seats. Didn't get much of a look at the home side, but it didn't look too full either.

Reaction Score
What WAS the official attendance yesterday anyway? Couldn't have been more than 1500 on the UConn (bench) side of the field and the one end zone with seats. Didn't get much of a look at the home side, but it didn't look too full either.
ESPN clocked it at 21K which is absolute bs lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom