Who is the Most Overrated in this bunch of pretenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Duke
Syracuse
Villanova
Wichita St

Personally I feel it's Wichita. Had no doubt they would lose to the first decent team they played.

Reaction Score
Any of the top 3. I'm not going to pile on the Shockers after that performance. No doubt if they played in a decent conference they would have had a handful of losses but that was a good team that played very entertaining basketball. Granted, Kentucky is relatively weak but they played very well today. WSU is a very good team.

Reaction Score
Duke
Syracuse
Villanova
Wichita St

Personally I feel it's Wichita. Had no doubt they would lose to the first decent team they played.

Almost every team left would have lost to Kentucky the way they played today.

And they would have lost by a lot more than Wichita did.

Your not a very smart person.

Reaction Score
this is just a dumb, dumb thread... Wichita was fantastic and they got screwed that UK was an 8 where clearly they are not. We all know, sadly, that if UK plays to their potential they can beat anyone and that collectively they might be the most talented team in the field.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not fair to WSU. They lost to a team that played way above their norm. Wait til Lville gets their claws into KU - it aint going to be pretty.
The other 3 lost games they should have won - to teams that the "experts" claimed had virtually no chance to win
The "experts" never said the same about KU

Reaction Score
Duke
Syracuse
Villanova
Wichita St

I have been accused of making foolish comments but you have got to be kidding me. Wichita St was for real and deserved their #1 seeding.
It might be a tad different if they got blown out but this did not happen and lets not play the seeding game because of the parity factor.

Wow I thought I made crazy comments !!!!! And maybe I do but this one is right up there

Reaction Score
I don't get why people respond so viscously. You may not agree with the poster. Fine. But it's not crazy to suggest that Wichita State was overrated - they didn't play anybody. Personally I think Louisville or Michigan were more deserving of that 1 seed.

Respond with logic, not insults.

Reaction Score
Duke
Syracuse
Villanova
Wichita St

You are a moron. KY was the preseason number one team (not that it means a ton). They have a ton of lottery picks and played a flawless game. We're hitting threes and making free throws. Limited turnovers. And Wichita was right there the whole game. Both teams played great. How can you lump Wichita into that group of overrated teams? Again, you're an idiot

Reaction Score
I don't get why people respond so viscously. You may not agree with the poster. Fine. But it's not crazy to suggest that Wichita State was overrated - they didn't play anybody. Personally I think Louisville or Michigan were more deserving of that 1 seed.

You better watch it buddy, responding with logic is not allowed around here.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think the posts in this thread are being too kind to the OP to be honest. If he didn't want to be abused for being stupid, he shouldn't have made such a stupid post.

Reaction Score
I may suck at typing.

But at least I'm not dumb enough to try to disrespect Wichita State a minute after they lost by 2 points in a fantastic high level game to a team with 5 NBA pros playing an A+ game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He didn't kidnap the Lindberg baby - he was just wrong about Wichita State.

This might be in the top ten dopiest posts of the day, but we don't have to tar and feather him.

He should have stopped after Duke and Syracuse...the answer was within that duo.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Saying obviously stupid stuff about basketball is worded than kidnapping the Lindbergh baby. At least on this board.

Reaction Score
They had a great chance to win but in the flow of the game I thought the 2 missed free throws with 4:58 left hurt them big time. But to say they were overrated is wrong, dead wrong.

Reaction Score
Saying obviously stupid stuff about basketball is worded than kidnapping the Lindbergh baby. At least on this board.
I mean, Lindberg was a Nazi sympathist, so...they should have kidnapped the sh¡t out of all his kids, as far as I'm concerned.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I have been accused of making foolish comments but you have got to be kidding me. Wichita St was for real and deserved their #1 seeding.
It might be a tad different if they got blown out but this did not happen and lets not play the seeding game because of the parity factor.

Wow I thought I made crazy comments !!!!! And maybe I do but this one is right up there

I am so pleased to see you still posting....

You owe us more next weekend....

Reaction Score
I am so pleased to see you still posting....

You owe us more next weekend....
Sorry no posting next weekend. I will be at the Garden for the game and if Carolina loses I have one ticket available.

Reaction Score
I don't know if you can label Wichita St overrated based on their one lost but, even without the benefit of the hindsight the KU game provides, they were clearly the weakest of the 1 seeds. I think they had a great squad but they really just didn't play anyone the whole year (BYU was awful and St. Louis overrated). I think the loss isn't so much a reflection of their individual team but rather the idea that you'd prefer your team to play a bunch of great teams throughout the year, even if it means more losses, because nothing really matters except the tournament and even with the luckiest of breaks you're eventually going to run into multiple good teams in a short span of time. Again, I think WSU was a good team and their regular season was incredibly impressive, and yes I think kentucky finally played up to its potential, but I don't understand piling on OP - he asked a fair question and stated his opinion. If you think he's an idiot, try doing more than just saying that.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score

*vicious................whats good for the goose....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom