Who do you think the 1 seeds will be? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who do you think the 1 seeds will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I think teams like Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC State, will cause the ACC to not have anybody as a 1 seed. Fortunately for the Lady Vols, our toughest conference games are home, and yes I firmly believe we will beat ND at home.
Volfan ND is a very disciplined team. They can execute and play within a team concept. I don't want to rain on your parade but I think ND beats Tenn at Tenn pretty handedly. I don't expect it to be very competitive at all. The LVs are very talented but imo their poor execution on both sides of the ball is a direct reflection of their lack of discipline.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I have been reading the Boneyard and I believe there will only be 1 #1 seed this year. That means that there will be 7 #2 seeds. This would be an unsolvable problem for most of us, but that is what the NCAA is there for. I think they are working on UConn getting a regional final bye while all the other regional winners have toplay 5 games but there are some other equally good ideas out there. It might cause fans of a few teams to think UConn is getting a special break, but it's hard to see what else the NCAA could do.

Reaction Score
Volfan ND is a very disciplined team. They can execute and play within a team concept. I don't want to rain on your parade but I think ND beats Tenn at Tenn pretty handedly. I don't expect it to be very competitive at all. The LVs are very talented but imo their poor execution on both sides of the ball is a direct reflection of their lack of discipline.
I expect it to be very competitive. ND only beat PSU by 10 points on the road and TN is at least 10 points better than PSU. ND has yet to be tested. Amazing all the love on this board for ND considering that six months ago very few BYers thought ND was a top 5 team. I do think they're the #2 team but I don't see evidence of a huge gap between ND and Duke, Stanford, TN. Ky (and maybe Louisville).

Reaction Score
I think the number one seeds will be UConn, Stanford, Louisville, and Tennessee
Of course you do ! Based on what and where? Please enlighten us less knowledgeable.

Reaction Score
Tonyc,
I don't think that the regionals would be set up the way you have them given your seeds. They would not put UConn/Louisville together and Duke/ND together given that that are in the same conferences. That is why I put Uconn in Lincoln. So with your teams, I would put Tenn in Louisville and then put Duke in Palo Alto.
Hate to rain on your parade but the committee has done just that to Uconn and ND on numerous occasions in the past . If history holds true your argument is moot.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think teams like Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC State, will cause the ACC to not have anybody as a 1 seed. Fortunately for the Lady Vols, our toughest conference games are home, and yes I firmly believe we will beat ND at home.

Those teams won't cause Duke or ND to get a #1 seed... if anything they will help them get #1 seeds through boosting the conference RPI. You left out Syracuse and Florida State as well. Those teams might just cause MD to drop to a #3 seed.... there is nothing on their resume of note to put them on the #2 line. I can see the ACC getting 7-8 teams in the NCAA's..

Reaction Score
They only beat us by ten last year and that was with Harrison getting hurt early after putting up six quick points.

Reaction Score
Of course you do ! Based on what and where? Please enlighten us less knowledgeable.
I see no need for distasteful sarcasm considering I said absolutely nothing derogatory. I literally put a declarative statement of what I think will happen. Louisville has a relatively easy schedule ahead and I think they'll get a 1 seed with a good record, same with Stanford. I posted earlier why I don't think Duke or ND get it. I don't think either can dominate the ACC. Tenn/ND will be a big determined for both teams. Tenn in the SEC has it pretty favorably because we get UK at home. At Georgia, At LSU, and At A&M will be decent tests but nothing the team shouldn't be able to handle. That is my rationale.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
They only beat us by ten last year and that was with Harrison getting hurt early after putting up six quick points.
Only ten points?

It was up to 19 midway through the second half before Tennessee closed to 5. ND pulled away for the final margin.

I thought that ND really controlled the game. You are downplaying losing at home by 10 points. That ain't good....lol.

I do think Tennessee has a great chance to win this game. I might even root for them.

Now I feel dirty.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Basically agree with this, but one can't expect a Tennessee fan come on the board and say "I don't really see us making the final 4". Aside from UCONN, no other team, except perhaps Duke, can boast the plethora of HS AA talent that Tennessee has. Eventually the question will be seriously asked by Tennessee fans "why can't we get over the hump?". I don't think most are there yet - they say they love what Holly has done with recruiting so far, and what's not to love? Snagging Russell away from L'ville was HUGE for them. Miss out on Russell and we would be having a VERY different conversation.

Reaction Score
I see no need for distasteful sarcasm considering I said absolutely nothing derogatory. I literally put a declarative statement of what I think will happen. Louisville has a relatively easy schedule ahead and I think they'll get a 1 seed with a good record, same with Stanford. I posted earlier why I don't think Duke or ND get it. I don't think either can dominate the ACC. Tenn/ND will be a big determined for both teams. Tenn in the SEC has it pretty favorably because we get UK at home. At Georgia, At LSU, and At A&M will be decent tests but nothing the team shouldn't be able to handle. That is my rationale.
Notre Dame has the luxury of hosting the regionals. So even if they are a #2 or #3 seed(unlikely) they will still have home court advantage, which is one of the best in all of WCBB over the past 5 years. How much difference will that make if Tennessee is a #1 seed playing in South Bend? I think a lot and will make the Irish the favorites to reach the final four.

Reaction Score
IMO the number 1's will be UConn, Stanford, ND and TN. In reality I don't really care who the other 3 number 1's are as long as one of them is ND as I don't want to meet them before the Final 4 :)
UConn and Stanford should go the rest of way without a loss or max of 1 loss so the number 1 is almost certain. TN (which I think will lose to ND) will run through the SEC schedule without a loss or max of 1 loss and should get a number 1. The 4th on will go to either ND or Duke (whichever will win the ACC) who in theory could have about 3-4 losses for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom