Which team has the best chance to stop UCONN from four consecutive NC | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Which team has the best chance to stop UCONN from four consecutive NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Answer is SC. Our big question marks are in the post. They have strength in the post. Is there a game where we don't shoot all that well and they pound us on the boards? Maybe.

Reaction Score
UCONN wins against all of the above team with their defense........MD, ND, TENN, USC all struggle shooting when they are pressed into shooting from spots they do no t like........Geno is the Master taking away their top players and forcing them into the 3rd or 4th options.......

Reaction Score
I haven't said that. Yes I understand if she is limited. The impact it can have on the season. I also think they are moving with caution. To make sure she is ready. She doesn't have to be game ready just yet. She will be needed in March more than November.

DeShields played her last ncaa game 18 months ago and she reportedly was dealing with injuries that season. At least that's what I remember some LV fans saying after she announced her transfer. The talk was about she'd have time to recover and a year to practice with the team. The Tenn medical staff and trainers have had a year to work with her. If she couldn't heal in a year and a half why should anyone think it likely she can now do it in 6 weeks?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If she couldn't heal in a year and a half why should anyone think it likely she can now do it in 6 weeks?
I'm not sure if DD can heal in 6 weeks or not. I am sure that I want her to be fully healthy because I want to see her defeated by a UCONN squad and not by her injury. Injuries suck for everyone!

Reaction Score
The Cardinals

th

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
There are some things (patellar tendinitis and shin splints included) that one never "heals" from. You learn to manage it. Many athletes suffer from these two things specifically mentioned above that has been associated with DD. Most play thru it and with some it may or may not limit their abilities. With DD, it's yet to be seen which she will be. Best of luck to you guys on the start of practice season. Hope everyone stays well. I look forward to seeing this year's team play.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There are some things (patellar tendinitis and shin splints included) that one never "heals" from. You learn to manage it. Many athletes suffer from these two things specifically mentioned above that has been associated with DD. Most play thru it and with some it may or may not limit their abilities. With DD, it's yet to be seen which she will be. Best of luck to you guys on the start of practice season. Hope everyone stays well. I look forward to seeing this year's team play.

You make a very good point about both conditions. Sometimes they come on because of sudden trauma and sometimes it has to do with body type/musculature and repetitive stress. Healing can be slowed by the limited blood flow to the affected sites. Recently lasers have been used as means of stimulating healing, though there is no common acceptance of this use yet.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The team that will beat UConn is the team without any "IFs'. UConn eliminated their "ifs" a few years ago. With that said on paper and barring injuries no team can beat UConn this season. What it will take is a team that can keep UConn from scoring 60 pts and themselves scoring over 60pts. I don't see that happening. Every other team is playing for second place again this season. Your not gonna stop Stewie and Tuck Nurse and Mojeff will kill you on both sides of the ball. Butler well shes big and talented and she should negate any possible big girls underneath from going off.

How can UConn beat themselves. We saw it at Stanford. Just stand around don't play defense and wait for somebody to do something. We wont make that mistake again because Geno will not let it happen.

Reaction Score
Tonyc- - - You're so right! Geno & the team have learned their lessons after the fiasco at Stanford last season!
They'll make the opponents pay for that lapse in the mental & physical parts of the game!
They'll quickly teach the 3 rookies of the facts of life UCONN WBB version!

Reaction Score
Mojeff makes us go. We are a different team with out her. Stay healthy and stay out of foul trouble and there won't be one close game this year. Big drop off at pg after her.

Every other position we are insanely deep.

Only team I saw that should scare UConn is Dayton. They don't have the players but their coach is the most like Geno. And their team plays the most like we do.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
DeShields played her last ncaa game 18 months ago and she reportedly was dealing with injuries that season. At least that's what I remember some LV fans saying after she announced her transfer. The talk was about she'd have time to recover and a year to practice with the team. The Tenn medical staff and trainers have had a year to work with her. If she couldn't heal in a year and a half why should anyone think it likely she can now do it in 6 weeks?

Is March now only 6 weeks from November?

Reaction Score
Is March now only 6 weeks from November?

I don't understand your question. The six weeks I referred to was from the time of the interview of her coach to the start of the regular season. From about the start of October to mid-November.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't understand your question. The six weeks I referred to was from the time of the interview of her coach to the start of the regular season. From about the start of October to mid-November.

OK. I was confused since you quoted a post that mentioned Nobember and March.

Reaction Score
I was right when I said the Cardinals, Louisville that is. Probably not this year, but soon. They just added 6'4" Cierra Johnson to an already great recruiting class.

Reaction Score
The Answer is SC. Our big question marks are in the post. They have strength in the post. Is there a game where we don't shoot all that well and they pound us on the boards? Maybe.
I've seen nothing to suggest that SC has the ability to put the ball in the basket! Their outside shooting is typically awful and they have been successful because of the big interior they have. Their defense is reasonably decent but as an offensive team, their somewhat offensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom