Where did Kasongo end up then? | The Boneyard

Where did Kasongo end up then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: Oregon is now looking at Chandler after pulling back on @RayKasongo32

Reaction Score
That's like going from one red flag to another.

Reaction Score
isn't Chandler also involved with Brandon Bender?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
So it looks like Oregon also Kasongoed Kasongo.

Or did Kasongo Kasongo himself? And when will Providence jump into the Kasongo stakes?

Reaction Score
Someone needs to tell him Twitter is public. Even the NCAA can read.

U

UCONNfan1

Feel awful for this kid....100% his handlers fault
How is it his handlers fault? Doesn't the kid have parents? Doesn't he ultimately make his own decisions? I get that he's 19 or 20 and can be manipulated, but when you are as big as he is (physically), a basketball future is something that's been known for years. Uless the kid was brainwashed, or really really naive, it's a future he could have been planning on for years.

I don't wish the kid ill, but apparently he didn't follow his heart or his gut, and now he's been cut loose by Oregon. I don't really get any satisfaction from saying " you" to a 20 year old kid, but he can look at it this way - learn a life lesson and don't listen to advisers who don't put your interests ahead of theirs.

Reaction Score
How is it his handlers fault? Doesn't the kid have parents? Doesn't he ultimately make his own decisions? I get that he's 19 or 20 and can be manipulated, but when you are as big as he is (physically), a basketball future is something that's been known for years. Uless the kid was brainwashed, or really really naive, it's a future he could have been planning on for years.

I don't wish the kid ill, but apparently he didn't follow his heart or his gut, and now he's been cut loose by Oregon. I don't really get any satisfaction from saying " you" to a 20 year old kid, but he can look at it this way - learn a life lesson and don't listen to advisers who don't put your interests ahead of theirs.

I take it you haven't really followed his recruitment

Reaction Score

I dislike this post on so many levels.

Reaction Score
As long as we are speculating my guess there is something effecting his eligibility otherwise he would have pulled the trigger (again). Something caused Ollie to back off and now Oregon has moved on. I hope things work out for the kid no matter where he ends up. Sometimes we forget how young these recruits are.

Reaction Score
Why does that name sound so familiar? Was he a player not too long ago?
He played at Louisville and is cousins with Jonathan Bender who went straight from high school to the NBA. He has a weird vendetta against Louisville ever since his playing career finished. The guy is a huge leach, feel badly for any kids who get involved with him.

Reaction Score
He played at Louisville and is cousins with Jonathan Bender who went straight from high school to the NBA. He has a weird vendetta against Louisville ever since his playing career finished. The guy is a huge leach, feel badly for any kids who get involved with him.

Bender? Wow what a shame there........led in the wrong direction there too........awful story

Reaction Score
Feel awful for this kid....100% his handlers fault

These people are absolute scum. It's insane that they try to influence these kids to such a large degree for their own benefit. I've advised athletes before when picking a college and always try to minimize bias as much as possible. Even to the point of recommending that a skill position athlete who had a UConn offer for football consider other schools because he had offers from schools that gave him a better chance at the NFL while still providing a great education (I know its blasphemy, but had to do it...) It's outrageous to get involved once a kid is down to a few schools. It's fine to help a player in the beginning stages of a recruitment because a lot of young players and their families aren't familiar with the recruiting process (especially how much BS some coaches can throw at you) and what different schools from around the country can offer . However, to basically force him to pick school A over school B once the player is down to 2 schools is mind-boggling.

This kid got absolutely screwed over by this guy.

Reaction Score
I bet the reason why Oregon cut ties with him is simply because he didn't want to be there in the first place. Why waste a scholarship on him this year just to see him transfer out at the end of the season?

Reaction Score
These people are absolute scum. It's insane that they try to influence these kids to such a large degree for their own benefit. I've advised athletes before when picking a college and always try to minimize bias as much as possible. Even to the point of recommending that a skill position athlete who had a UConn offer for football consider other schools because he had offers from schools that gave him a better chance at the NFL while still providing a great education (I know its blasphemy, but had to do it...) It's outrageous to get involved once a kid is down to a few schools. It's fine to help a player in the beginning stages of a recruitment because a lot of young players and their families aren't familiar with the recruiting process (especially how much BS some coaches can throw at you) and what different schools from around the country can offer . However, to basically force him to pick school A over school B once the player is down to 2 schools is mind-boggling.

This kid got absolutely screwed over by this guy.

Bender has been involved with Kasongo for years. He was the one who brought Ray down to play HS ball in Kentucky last year. Google Bender and Kasongo and you can see how dicey the whole situation's been for quite awhile. Google Bender and UCF and you can see why no one wants anything to do with him. As others have said he's a bad, terrible dude.

I really do feel for Ray. Without other strong adult voices providing good guidance, it has to be hard for a kid to stay away from the leeches.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Watch this kid end up being in a huge JuCo recruiting battle next year.

Reaction Score
Watch this kid end up being in a huge JuCo recruiting battle next year.

Seems like that's a best-case scenario for this kid.

I hope he gets away from the leeches and is able to concentrate on his game and his academics. Seemed like a good kid in the interviews I read, and clearly he has some talent.

Good luck to him.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Oh oh oh oh oooooh. You don't have to Kason-go go go gooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom