When is it acceptable to replace an inept coaching staff? | The Boneyard

When is it acceptable to replace an inept coaching staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just so I know so I can circle the date on my calendar and start the countdown.

How many years of suffering through this? Is it a 3 or 4 year minimum? Does it have to get to a BC level to finally deal with reality?

Reaction Score

How many years of suffering through this? Is it a 3 or 4 year minimum? Does it have to get to a BC level to finally deal with reality?
Hey, I wish we were at BC's level. They'd beat us by 20 points.

Reaction Score

When a new AD comes in, you can usually subtract a year. But realize that the first guy Warde will call is Turner Gill.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Warde should be looking. No reason to panic now if no one good is available. P gets another year hopefully with some.staff changes.

Our problem, with realignment our status as a stepping stone program is only enhanced. Doubt we could find a guy who could succeed for ten years

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When a new AD comes in, you can usually subtract a year. But realize that the first guy Warde will call is Turner Gill.

Noooooooo! I'd rather have Tom Bradley.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I'm watching the LSU-Towson game. This board would go nuclear if Ambrose got hired.

I actually don't think that would terrible.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm watching the LSU-Towson game. This board would go nuclear if Ambrose got hired.

I actually don't think that would terrible.

Why would he even be an option?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
K.C.Keeler? wonder if or how that might have worked?

Reaction Score
So during the game today, I had the pleasure of talking to a parent and got a little insight into the locker room about P. Of course this is third hand, so I'm sure these aren't direct quotes, but I got the general impression. "They're so old, every time they try to talk to us about something, we don't even understand what they're trying to tell us." "Every story starts out with "when we were at Syracuse..."... like a hundred years ago!!!" The impression about Coach Brown was definitely positive though.
If that opinion carries through the locker room, we are in it worse than we think. Players that don't have faith in the coaches, can't relate at all to them. I will count the days until P is gone.

Reaction Score
I'd suggest they fire them tonight. Bring in Jim Calhoun for the rest of the season. Let him sit upstairs (ala Paternoster at the end). The energy level with JC would be way better than with PP as long as UConn is going with old coaches. Let's get Bobby Petrino in here right away.

Reaction Score
Petrino is only 50. I hope 50 isn't old. I'll be there in 6 years
Old is not necessarily a number, it's more of an outook on things. Petrino is circa 2012 and PP right out of the 50s. Fire PP tonight.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
P's age would be fine (as would the age of nearly every other member of the staff) if the OC (who apparently has free reign over the offense) wasn't older than our head coach.

Reaction Score
I'm more than fine with Brown, and I'm fine with P. There's no defending Deleone.

I'd be with you if I thought there were any chance P would sh!tcan Deleone, but we both know that's not going to happen.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My hope is that at the end of this season, WM sits PP down and (man with football background to man with football background) asks PP to breakdown fully what is and what is not moving along according to schedule and why. At the end of this, PP knowing that he cannot convince this former B-10 football player that he doesn't understand the sport well enough to comprehend why GD is doing a good job and that he cannot use the 'if I cannot keep him as OC I quit" card, will have no choice but to move GD to an administrative position and find a new OC.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Win over Temple and Syracuse and the team is 5-3 if losing to Rutgers. You know you can take a firing off the table for at least one more season.

It could be worse,We could be Maryland

The ticket sales might cause some problems but I'm not sure its HCPP who will suffer. The first 29,000 game against a former C-USA club and panic sets in

Reaction Score
My hope is that at the end of this season, WM sits PP down and (man with football background to man with football background) asks PP to breakdown fully what is and what is not moving along according to schedule and why. At the end of this, PP knowing that he cannot convince this former B-10 football player that he doesn't understand the sport well enough to comprehend why GD is doing a good job and that he cannot use the 'if I cannot keep him as OC I quit" card, will have no choice but to move GD to an administrative position and find a new OC.
I think that conversation might be happening Sunday or Monday. Maybe not the fire GD part, but at least the open up the offense part. More than anybody else at the Rent Saturday, Manuel knows there's no way this game should have even been remotely close.

Reaction Score
I think that conversation might be happening Sunday or Monday. Maybe not the fire GD part, but at least the open up the offense part. More than anybody else at the Rent Saturday, Manuel knows there's no way this game should have even been remotely close.

Hope WM uses the same short leash he is using for KO on HCPP and GD.

Seems WM is ok with having KO coach this year short handed and with one hand tied behind his back.
He better use the same criteria to evaluate HCPP and staff.

JH made a lousy safe hire in HCPP and we are paying for it.

Here's hoping when the dust settles KO gets a 3 year deal and HCPP/GD are out(keep Brown though).

Reaction Score
K.C.Keeler? wonder if or how that might have worked?

I would love to find out why he pulled his name out of the running (not sure how far into the "cuts" they were when it happened).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would love to find out why he pulled his name out of the running (not sure how far into the "cuts" they were when it happened).

He pulled his name out when he knew he wasn't getting the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom