What's a good sports bar near Barclays? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's a good sports bar near Barclays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
The 4/5 train between GCT and Atlantic/Barclays is probably the least interesting ride you'll ever have, so I wouldn't worry about it.

6 actually stops at Brooklyn Bridge but the 4/5 will get you there quickly.

Dunno there are people in suits and babies on the train. They can be interesting.

Reaction Score
I don't suppose anyone knows the trains well from the South? I'm coming from DC. The Amtrak rides are super expensive, wondering about a something more affordable maybe from Baltimore

Reaction Score
I don't suppose anyone knows the trains well from the South? I'm coming from DC. The Amtrak rides are super expensive, wondering about a something more affordable maybe from Baltimore

Jet Blue is having a sale. Saw IAD to JFK for $70 each way? Not sure of restrictions. Just tossing out an option.

Reaction Score

Not sure if you'd want to, but you could probably Bolt Bus it for pretty cheap.

Reaction Score

I was thinking of just doing Bolt/Megabus out of DC

Reaction Score
I am pretty bummed by the Xmas/post Xmas schedule. That's when I catch all my UConn games live until March. Ugh.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Train to GCS, and the 2, 3, 4, 5, D, N, R, B and Q s/w stop at BC. that the DemsFriak'. have canned 'stop &

Be prepared for an 'interesting' s/w ride. Remember that the Dems have canned 'stop & frisk'.

Don't scare people. I ride the subway all the time and feel safe and have never encountered any problems. The biggest problem people will have in getting from Grand Central to Barclay is that the subway will be extremely crowded at that time of day as New Yorkers head home from work. People traveling to the game by subway should expect the stations and the subway cars to be filled to capacity or near-capacity. Forget about gentility; push your way into the car if necessary.

Reactions: caw

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Don't scare people. I ride the subway all the time and feel safe and have never encountered any problems. The biggest problem people will have in getting from Grand Central to Barclay is that the subway will be extremely crowded at that time of day as New Yorkers head home from work. People traveling to the game by subway should expect the stations and the subway cars to be filled to capacity or near-capacity. Forget about gentility; push your way into the car if necessary.
not worth a taxi at that time?

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
not worth a taxi at that time?

The subway is better at that time even if it is very crowded. Taxis are hard to find then, and a taxi would take a long time (and a high fare as the meter runs) to get to Brooklyn because of traffic jams. The subway would definitely get you to Brooklyn faster and much less expensively. On the other hand, I might consider taking a taxi back to Grand Central after the game.

Reaction Score
My brother lives a few blocks over from the Center in Prospect Heights. Plan B Sports Bar is about at 10 minute walk. Its a solid place.

Plan B, 626 Vanderbilt Ave, New York, NY 11238

Washington Commons is a little farther away but a really good bar. Beast is also near Plan B which is another good bar.

Reaction Score
Blue lot. Rentschler Field. Silver Lane. East Hartford, CT

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Still looking at what bars are near Barclays for a a quick dinner and a lot of beer... people have mentioned hot bird and plan b, those seem alright... any others? im still going to look around

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
For those of you venturing on foot near the Barclay's Center...be VERY careful walking east on Atlantic Ave. Once you pass Grand you are DEFINITELY NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE!!!!!
explain, it says hot bird is near/on atlantic ave and plan b is between Prospect Pl & St Marks Ave, reviews said theyre nice bars

caw

Reaction Score
My brother lives a few blocks over from the Center in Prospect Heights. Plan B Sports Bar is about at 10 minute walk. Its a solid place.

Plan B, 626 Vanderbilt Ave, New York, NY 11238

Washington Commons is a little farther away but a really good bar. Beast is also near Plan B which is another good bar.

Beast is good for the area, though not exactly a true sports bar. There are a few more on Vanderbilt (bars not necessarily sports bars). Plan B is OK but not the same as those in CT. It may only be. 10 minute walk but it's further from Manhattan so a bit of a out of the way for most. If you are going there best to go to Grand Army Station (2 or 3) or Seventh Ave (Q or B) and walk, slightly closer to plan B an Vanderbilt street. Note that Seventh Ave station is close to Frannys which was mentioned above. Totally walkable from Barclays but if you are already on the B or Q might as well stay on if going up to eat there.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Beast is good for the area, though not exactly a true sports bar. There are a few more on Vanderbilt (bars not necessarily sports bars). Plan B is OK but not the same as those in CT. It may only be. 10 minute walk but it's further from Manhattan so a bit of a out of the way for most. If you are going there best to go to Grand Army Station (2 or 3) or Seventh Ave (Q or B) and walk, slightly closer to plan B an Vanderbilt street. Note that Seventh Ave station is close to Frannys which was mentioned above. Totally walkable from Barclays but if you are already on the B or Q might as well stay on if going up to eat there.
yeah i dont know much about the subway but ill look into those... ive been reading a lot about Moe's Bar and Lounge

Reaction Score
explain, it says hot bird is near/on atlantic ave and plan b is between Prospect Pl & St Marks Ave, reviews said theyre nice bars
That is heading into one of the worst neighborhoods in brooklyn. I get detailed to work in Rescue 2 every once and a while..the last time I went I was asking the guys about what it is like over there now. They said it is good until you hit Grand, after that it is like the old days...straight up ghetto. One of the busiest areas for fire duty in NYC, also is one of the highest crime and violent crime (ie: gun crime) rates in NYC. Not a place to be exploring on foot during the day, never mind at night. If you go west towards Court St you are MUCH better off, much more of a selection...MUCH more friendly of a neighborhood!!!!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That is heading into one of the worst neighborhoods in brooklyn. I get detailed to work in Rescue 2 every once and a while..the last time I went I was asking the guys about what it is like over there now. They said it is good until you hit Grand, after that it is like the old days...straight up ghetto. One of the busiest areas for fire duty in NYC, also is one of the highest crime and violent crime (ie: gun crime) rates in NYC. Not a place to be exploring on foot during the day, never mind at night. If you go west towards Court St you are MUCH better off, much more of a selection...MUCH more friendly of a neighborhood!!!!
Ah ok. I don't know anything about that area. I'm just trying to find a bar like stout where I can get good food and beer reasonably priced that's near Barclays, walking distance. I'm going with a bunch of friends

Reaction Score
Ah ok. I don't know anything about that area. I'm just trying to find a bar like stout where I can get good food and beer reasonably priced that's near Barclays, walking distance. I'm going with a bunch of friends
Head west on Atlantic across Flatbush Ave towards Court St. You will find a TON of places over there and it is very pedestrain friendly.

Reaction Score

I don't know where that post came from but Plan B is a run-of-the-mill sports bar squarely in Prospect Heights. You might be bored but you won't get shot. It's not even remotely one of the most dangerous areas in Brooklyn. If it is then I don't even know what you'd call Brownsville or East New York.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Alright, let's settle on a bar. My vote would go to 4th ave pub. Seems close and with a very good beer selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom