What's a good sports bar near Barclays? | The Boneyard

What's a good sports bar near Barclays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Let's get everyone to pregame there and head in around 615-630. I think the sight of all these fans and the noise would be incredible. If not maybe stout for the game against Indiana/Washington. Just a thought not sure if it's been tried before

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Let's get everyone to pregame there and head in around 615-630. I think the sight of all these fans and the noise would be incredible. If not maybe stout for the game against Indiana/Washington. Just a thought not sure if it's been tried before

I noticed this German Beer Hall opened up recently, which is a couple blocks from Barclays Center - hadn't tried it, but this could be something...
http://thekbh.com/

Reaction Score
NOT a gathering spot or a sports bar, but the place I'd go before or after for a great meal is http://www.frannysbrooklyn.com/
My son is a chef and the chef to chef word of mouth brought us there a year or so ago and it was great. Check out the menu.

caw

Reaction Score
NOT a gathering spot or a sports bar, but the place I'd go before or after for a great meal is http://www.frannysbrooklyn.com/
My son is a chef and the chef to chef word of mouth brought us there a year or so ago and it was great. Check out the menu.

Never was a fan of Frannys. I mean, it's ok but expensive for what you get. There are plenty of better restaurants in Park Slope, Prospect Heights or Fort Greene.

I don't know many good sports bars around Barclays though there are a few bars on Flatbush.

Reaction Score
I noticed this German Beer Hall opened up recently, which is a couple blocks from Barclays Center - hadn't tried it, but this could be something...
http://thekbh.com/

I actually interviewed there for my current job. Great beer, so I'd definitely recommend it. Not exactly what I would call a sports bar, but, hell, we'll be watching the game live anyway.

Reaction Score
It's a sports friendly craft beer bar rather than a straight wings & buds sports bar, but I like Uncle Barry's on 5th. http://www.unclebarrys.com/

I'm going to be out of the country on the 8th, otherwise that's where I'd pregame.

The bar next door, Alchemy, has a solid beer selection and has pretty decent food, but no TVs.

Reaction Score
Never was a fan of Frannys. I mean, it's ok but expensive for what you get. There are plenty of better restaurants in Park Slope, Prospect Heights or Fort Greene.

I don't know many good sports bars around Barclays though there are a few bars on Flatbush.

And Franny's paved the way for a lot of those spots you like. My little brother learned to cook there back in the day.

caw

Reaction Score
And Franny's paved the way for a lot of those spots you like. My little brother learned to cook there back in the day.
Likely but doesn't change the point for today.

Reaction Score
A few of us have been thinking of heading down but don't want to drive in........what's our best bet via train??

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
A few of us have been thinking of heading down but don't want to drive in........what's our best bet via train??
yeah i never drive to the city, were taking the train and getting there kinda early so id like to find a bar that a lot of uconn fans go to thats not expensive, has beer and food obviously

Reaction Score
The game starts at 630

Reaction Score
For those of you venturing on foot near the Barclay's Center...be VERY careful walking east on Atlantic Ave. Once you pass Grand you are DEFINITELY NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE!!!!!

Reaction Score
Train to GCS, and the 2, 3, 4, 5, D, N, R, B and Q s/w stop at BC. that the DemsFriak'. have canned 'stop &

Be prepared for an 'interesting' s/w ride. Remember that the Dems have canned 'stop & frisk'.

Reaction Score

It's just as easy to get to the Barclays as it is the Garden. Metro North to Grand central then hop right on the 4 or 5 straight to Barclays

Reaction Score
Train to GCS, and the 2, 3, 4, 5, D, N, R, B and Q s/w stop at BC. that the DemsFriak'. have canned 'stop &

Be prepared for an 'interesting' s/w ride. Remember that the Dems have canned 'stop & frisk'.

The 4/5 train between GCT and Atlantic/Barclays is probably the least interesting ride you'll ever have, so I wouldn't worry about it.

It's just as easy to get to the Barclays as it is the Garden. Metro North to Grand central then hop right on the 4,5 or 6 straight to Barclays
6 actually stops at Brooklyn Bridge but the 4/5 will get you there quickly.

Reaction Score
It's just as easy to get to the Barclays as it is the Garden. Metro North to Grand central then hop right on the 4,5 or 6 straight to Barclays
6 train doesn't go to Brooklyn...only the 4 and the 5 do. Last stop for the 6 train is Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall.

Reaction Score
6 train doesn't go to Brooklyn...only the 4 and the 5 do. Last stop for the 6 train is Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall.

I know taken a thousand time. The express

Reaction Score
I know taken a thousand time. The express
You originally had "4,5 or 6" in your original post..but I see you edited it. Only mentioned where the 6 stopped because I didn't want someone taking the 6 and getting stuck at the end of the line.

Reaction Score
the 6 is the east side local, and terminates at City Hall in Manhatten - ie, no go to Brooklyn. The 4 and 5 split after BC.

Reaction Score
You originally had "4,5 or 6" in your original post..but I see you edited it. Only mentioned where the 6 stopped because I didn't want someone taking the 6 and getting stuck at the end of the line.

That's why I edited my post so I didn't confuse anybody. You know the 4 5 6 run on the same line so typing quick I meant just 4/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom