What is the ceiling? | The Boneyard

What is the ceiling?

Reaction Score
I think second most talented CT squad ever. I would take the Rudy. Gay squad which was upset in the tournament as most talented ever. Hard to name four better this year, I have not seen a better club.

Reaction Score
Passed all tests but too early to say what ceiling is. Success in NCAA often comes down to good luck, draw, many factors not just talent. Haven’t we seen great great teams bounced? We have the pieces to make a run if health prevails.

Reaction Score
I think second most talented CT squad ever. I would take the Rudy. Gay squad which was upset in the tournament as most talented ever. Hard to name four better this year, I have not seen a better club.
2006 & 2009 were super talented. So was 2004.
Still got a ways to go, but this teams ceiling is definitely the roof.

Reaction Score
At this point this team would not rank as a top 5 Uconn team imho. Im guessing you are young and werent around to see some of the 90s early 2000s teams.

Reaction Score
They have work to do. But, they are so talented and deep they can fall into a sense of not needing to work hard to get better.

Reaction Score
1669950045271.jpeg

Reaction Score
They have work to do. But, they are so talented and deep they can fall into a sense of not needing to work hard to get better.
I dont think this team has that issue. I think the issue is they can light teams up and do so easily that once they get out to big leads they start doing a little too much one on one and forget to move the ball and it leads to poor play. I think of this team and can you imagine what Bazz/Boat would do to Newton/Hawkins? Both of those guys have shown they arent the best ball handlers and can make some poor passes and would get eaten alive like the Harrison twins did who were also bigger guards that got manhandled by our beloved backcourt duo.

Reaction Score
I dont think this team has that issue. I think the issue is they can light teams up and do so easily that once they get out to big leads they start doing a little too much one on one and forget to move the ball and it leads to poor play. I think of this team and can you imagine what Bazz/Boat would do to Newton/Hawkins? Both of those guys have shown they arent the best ball handlers and can make some poor passes and would get eaten alive like the Harrison twins did who were also bigger guards that got manhandled by our beloved backcourt duo.
I think we are saying the same thing. The weakness is ball handling but it doesn’t make a big difference and they can more than compensate. They also get undisciplined when they get up big and that’s when bad habits can form. If they come up against elite guards with great defensive quickness they may have more issues, but the truth is they are just really, really loaded so if you focus on denying the post, they can kill you outside, and if you defend the 3, they can kill you inside. You can try and pressure up the floor and shorten the clock and disrupt flow but that’s tough to sustain over a game.

caw

Reaction Score
Somewhere higher than the arc on Jackson's three point shot.

Reaction Score
Ceiling tiles look great these days.
I was actually thinking that exact thought as I gazed upward last night. They sure looked ugly there for a couple of years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom