What did Boyle do? What si the story. | The Boneyard

What did Boyle do? What si the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have searched but found nothing. Does anyone know why Boyle was benched last night?

Reaction Score
The announcers said all night that Boyle would not play and that the play calling was slanted toward protecting Whitmer. They even said "What will UCONN do if Whitmer cannot play". There is Will Rishell from Hebron listed on the roster. Otherwise we are screwed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I th0ught the announcers said that he didn't make the trip?

Reaction Score
More from Fuller after the original post:

>>ESPN reported that backup quarterback Tim Boyle was unavailable to play but Diaco said that was not the case. "He could have played," Diaco said. "He is cleared to play. He is hobbled with a lower-leg, I am not going to call it a lower-leg injury but a lower-leg pain but he was cleared for participation but it wouldn't have been prudent to (play him) under those circumstances."<<

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They were wrong on that part... he was on the sidelines.
Thanks.

I have to say, I'm glad it's nothing more than a sore leg. Count me among those who's like to see some more of Boyle. Can't blame Chandler for the play calling last night, but I'd be up for anything that gives us a shot at some offense.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Technically all you need for a backup to the backup is a dude who can catch a long snap and hand the ball off.

C

Chief00

Sometimes leg pain is code words for scaitic back issues; but then it's not technically lower leg. So lots in this communication doesn't add up.

Reaction Score
Sometimes leg pain is code words for scaitic back issues; but then it's not technically lower leg. So lots in this communication doesn't add up.

Not sure what doesn't add up... they weren't risking his future health/availability by putting him on the sloppy field w/ lower leg pain unless it was an emergency.

C

Chief00

What doesn't add up? - is it a back or a pure leg issue? Pain in the leg from a back rooted injury is much more serious than a sore ankle etc.

Reaction Score
Dez reported that TB was not unavailable. BD didn't want him playing in those conditions while he was experiencing leg pain.

I suppose if there was an injury to CW, we probably would have seen him.

Reaction Score
Could have just been a day to day thing, cramping or whatever. Diaco changed it from injury to pain when he was explaining it, which was interesting

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He got benched, big deal. Diaco didn't want to use him - I doubt there was an injury.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Something going on and we have no insight
Or he's actually having an illness in the family or something personal going on that ahs nothing to do with football?? Just a thought? Hoping it's not football related

Reaction Score
Not that the cited comment isn't wild arse speculation, but a QB throwing pre-game passes may not be consistent with the intended medical reference, sciatica. Perhaps it just symbolizes of the typical unfounded Blarney Stone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
6 hours ago "Good to be home with the family"

It's the weekend and he's from CT. He can probably go home anytime he wants. Nothing to get bent out of shape about here.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's the weekend and he's from CT. He can probably go home anytime he wants. Nothing to get bent out of shape about here.

This is the Boneyard. Half of the posters on this board will get bent out of shape if one of the players have a bowel movement 20 minutes earlier or later than anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom