What’s on your Turkey Day menu? | The Boneyard

What’s on your Turkey Day menu?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
An easy and delicious canapé is a water cracker topped with cream cheese, red onion, capers and smoked salmon.

Reaction Score
As a vegan, my menu probably wouldn't excite anybody. But I find that dark Belgian beers do better than NEIPA's for winter holidays.

Reaction Score
Are you doing wheatloaf or tofu turkey?
Tofu turkey. I'm making the mashed potatoes with oatmilk and olive oil plant butter and serving it to my unsuspecting Indiana dairy farmer in laws. It's gonna go down...or come up. Either or

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
An easy and delicious canapé is a water cracker topped with cream cheese, red onion, capers and smoked salmon.
Agreed, but creme fraiche or chevre instead of cream cheese

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pretty standard fare: dry brined, turkey with a honey-citrus glaze, homemade cranberry sauce with tart cherries and orange zest, maple glazed carrots, dressing with leeks, apple and dried cherries, mashed potatoes, gravy from homemade stock, fresh baked Parker house rolls, pumpkin pie with whipped cream and cherry pie a la mode. There will be a cheese and charcuterie board out all day with bottles of Oregon Pinot Blanc and dry Reisling as well as Austrian Gruner.

Reaction Score
Pretty standard fare: dry brined, turkey with a honey-citrus glaze, homemade cranberry sauce with tart cherries and orange zest, maple glazed carrots, dressing with leeks, apple and dried cherries, mashed potatoes, gravy from homemade stock, fresh baked Parker house rolls, pumpkin pie with whipped cream and cherry pie a la mode. There will be a cheese and charcuterie board out all day with bottles of Oregon Pinot Blanc and dry Reisling as well as Austrian Gruner.
You should just go for it and have candy instead.

Reaction Score
Arby's
snl season 42 GIF by Saturday Night Live

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
In laws are handling tomorrow with short ribs, sous vide for 72 hrs., and anybody's guess what sides will be.

I am handling "Friendsgiving" on Friday.

Main: Turkey, 12 hr. Cajun brine, then smoked with a mixture of cherry, apple, and pimento wood for about 5 hours.

Sides/dessert: stuffing, mashed potatoes, broccoli & corn casserole, sweet potatoes, apple pie, pecan pie, & blueberry pie.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As recent empty nesters away from family we are hitting up three friends' houses.
10:30-11:30- House #1. Appetizers and cocktails. We're bringing wine.
1200-3:30- House #2. Turkey dinner. We're bringing a goat cheese with cranberry cheese log with crackers for an app, a safe sausage stuffing for main course and Dutch Apple Pie for dessert.
4:00- House #3. Back to neighborhood for the night cap. A few drinks and maybe some table scraps.

Minimal dishes and no hosting responsibilities.

Reaction Score
In laws are handling tomorrow with short ribs, sous vide for 72 hrs., and anybody's guess what sides will be.

I am handling "Friendsgiving" on Friday.

Main: Turkey, 12 hr. Cajun brine, then smoked with a mixture of cherry, apple, and pimento wood for about 5 hours.

Sides/dessert: stuffing, mashed potatoes, broccoli & corn casserole, sweet potatoes, apple pie, pecan pie, & blueberry pie.
Did you say PIMENTO WOOD? @August_West

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
@Deepster yes pimento wood. Probably 50% pimento, 25% of each of the fruit woods.

Also cannot forget the homemade wine I bottled about a couple months ago.

Reaction Score
As recent empty nesters away from family we are hitting up three friends' houses.
1200-3:30- House #2. Turkey dinner. We're bringing a goat cheese with cranberry cheese log with crackers for an app, a safe sausage stuffing for main course and Dutch Apple Pie for dessert.
4:00- House #3. Back to neighborhood for the night cap. A few drinks and maybe some table scraps.

All you need is Uber.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Bread Service
Burrata, charred asparagus, Meyer lemon vinaigrette, cured egg yolk
Duck Leg Confit, lentils, chicory, seasonal mushrooms
Riz au Lait, rice pudding, toasted hazelnuts

Reservations for Casanova in Carmel by the Sea
Used to be one of the best but I'm reading reviews that are making me hesitant.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

If they weren't friends would you bring unsafe stuffing?

Reaction Score
Two new additions to the Deepster menu. Lobster Mac and cheese and sweet potato gnocchi in sage/brown butter.

There be enough carbs to put a rhino to sleep.
The gnocchi sound great. I'm 0-3 trying to make gnocchi. Not sure where I go wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom