Week of 2/26 Other Games | The Boneyard

Week of 2/26 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's a strange one. Miami missing 2 best scorers (Poplar and Pack) and UNC pushed to real limit.

But Miami guys that did play shot the piss out of the ball

Reaction Score
Baylor - TCU is borderline unwatchable. Defense has been great, but both teams bricking shots the last 10 minutes and both teams 9 turnovers in the first half. TCU missed 13 of their last 14 shots.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Baylor is a team I can see getting upset in Round 1. Sort of young, chaotic, rely on defense, and jack shots. Recipe for disaster if the matchup is an older, disciplined team.

Reaction Score
Baylor is a team I can see getting upset in Round 1. Sort of young, chaotic, rely on defense, and jack shots. Recipe for disaster if the matchup is an older, disciplined team.
I disagree respectfully. I feel they underperform regular season but for one off games where they prepare in the NCAA tournament they'll have one of the best coaches and have great offensive weapons everywhere, and 3 great guards. To me a recipe for knocking off at least two good teams to make it to second weekend

Reaction Score
Baylor is a little like Syracuse with the zone. They probably aren't losing on the weekend, but more vulnerable on Thurs/Fri with more prep.

Reaction Score
I disagree respectfully. I feel they underperform regular season but for one off games where they prepare in the NCAA tournament they'll have one of the best coaches and have great offensive weapons everywhere, and 3 great guards. To me a recipe for knocking off at least two good teams to make it to second weekend
<48 hours for round of 32 (and unlikely to get to 8) isn’t going to provide the time for your theory

Reaction Score
If you guys are looking for something to do this Thursday night, head over to New Britain. Huge game for CCSU. They're playing LIU. Central needs to win their last 2 to have a shot at the 1-seed in the NEC. LIU is a team playing well as of late. They're coached by former NBA star, Rod Strickland. Strickland's 2 sons are excellent players for LIU. Should be a big crowd and a good atmosphere.

Reaction Score
If you guys are looking for something to do this Thursday night, head over to New Britain. Huge game for CCSU. They're playing LIU. Central needs to win their last 2 to have a shot at the 1-seed in the NEC. LIU is a team playing well as of late. They're coached by former NBA star, Rod Strickland. Strickland's 2 sons are excellent players for LIU. Should be a big crowd and a good atmosphere.
Where is NEC tournament played? I would love it if CCSU made the NCAAT. I don't want them in UConn's bracket either. I want multiple Connecticut teams in the NCAAT

Reaction Score
Where is NEC tournament played? I would love it if CCSU made the NCAAT. I don't want them in UConn's bracket either. I want multiple Connecticut teams in the NCAAT
The NEC tourney is played on the campuses of the higher seeds. So Central is guaranteed a home quarterfinal game on March 6 and (provided they win) a semi-final game on March 9. And an NEC finals in New Britain is still a possibility!

Reaction Score
Newington Day. Town residents get in free.

I will be there @CCSUBlue92

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Baylor is a little like Syracuse with the zone. They probably aren't losing on the weekend, but more vulnerable on Thurs/Fri with more prep.
I'm ready to watch them in a hard fought victory over PC, 29-28.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Kansas has BYU tonight and I just can't tell if BYU is actually good. They feel like one of those teams that beats every team they should but doesn't have what it takes to win against better teams. But they just beat Baylor and beat Iowa State earlier.

Reaction Score
Kansas has BYU tonight and I just can't tell if BYU is actually good. They feel like one of those teams that beats every team they should but doesn't have what it takes to win against better teams. But they just beat Baylor and beat Iowa State earlier.
They're great at home, bad on the road. Kansas should be okay tonight if they can guard the perimeter.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
They're great at home, bad on the road. Kansas should be okay tonight if they can guard the perimeter.
Oh I agree, but without McCullar, I am a bit more concerned than I would be.

Reaction Score
Live and die by the three. One of those teams that can take down anyone if they get really hot from behind the arc, but if the shots aren’t falling, don’t really have anything else to turn to.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Storm the court!

Love it. Most likely Duke will push the NCAA to force MVS' conference to fine them a million dollars for that court storming.

Love the excitement of the crowd and announcers. Pretty decent crowd for the state of their program.

This video is the reason I hope they don't eliminate court storming. Part of the fan experience. Hopefully the one or two DePaul fans gets a chance to experience this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom