Week 7 CFB games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 7 CFB games

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Going for it on 4th down worked out HORRIBLY this game, for both teams.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon gave UW a short field w/ about 2 minutes left. Huskies bucked conventional logic and scored on 2 plays. Oregon drove the field, but missed a chip shot FG that would've sent it to overtime. Both QBs were great on their last drive. Not sure what this does for the Heisman race. Nix was better in the 2nd half, but Penix got the game winning drive and the W.

edit--okay, the missed FG was 43 yards, I thought it was closer than that. But Oregon passed up the opportunity for 2 kicks that were much shorter, in a game they ended up losing by 3. You gotta second guess those decisions by their brain trust.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From the previously played opponent scoreboard, Georgia State (4-1) leads Marshall (4-1) 27-17 at the half and NC State trails Duke 7-3 after one quarter. Georgia State's only loss was last week to Troy, who beat Army on the road 19-0 today.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Potential upset alert brewing... Pitt up on undefeated L'ville 24-21 late 3rd quarter.

I don't know how you get Vay-air from Villeaux, but dude looks a helluva lot better than Jurkovic. Another Penn St. xfer.

Reaction Score
The thought was that USC would be a lot better this year since Riley would’ve had more time to recruit defense.
Sloppy all season and now getting whipped 24-6 vs ND at half.
Is the team really just Caleb Williams and nothing else?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The thought was that USC would be a lot better this year since Riley would’ve had more time to recruit defense.
I did predict they were going to take at least 2 losses down the stretch. Probably 3. Getting 1 out of the way tonight. At Oregon, and one of Utah/Washington/UCLA at home.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
#19 Wazzu getting stomped by Arizona 30-6 after 3.
Was not expecting that one. It seems to happen every year, but the Pac 12 teams enjoy knocking each other out of playoff contention. There were 7 teams w/ 0 or 1 losses entering the day, but that's gonna change rapidly with a bunch of head to head matchups.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Now there's a play you'll never see Charlton call... 4th & 5 from L'ville 31, Cignetti calls a bomb, Villeaux delivers for a TD, Pitt now up 38-21.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Must be nice to have a school and administration that is really passionate about being good at football.
It's almost like passion is baked in to the school's name.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
USC's O line looks like Swiss cheese out there against Notre Dame

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Not really Dame looks bigger, faster and physical in all facets of the game.

Reaction Score
That was the narrative a year ago. Why did nothing change?
Clearly Riley can't get that side of the ball under control. He certainly has not shown the ability to do so yet. It's really amazing to me when certain programs can't get players at certain positions. There are tons of players out there, and a lot of them play defense. I can't understand how they can't find some defensive talent.

Reaction Score
Oregon gave UW a short field w/ about 2 minutes left. Huskies bucked conventional logic and scored on 2 plays. Oregon drove the field, but missed a chip shot FG that would've sent it to overtime. Both QBs were great on their last drive. Not sure what this does for the Heisman race. Nix was better in the 2nd half, but Penix got the game winning drive and the W.

edit--okay, the missed FG was 43 yards, I thought it was closer than that. But Oregon passed up the opportunity for 2 kicks that were much shorter, in a game they ended up losing by 3. You gotta second guess those decisions by their brain trust.
I thought that Oregon going for it on 4th down at the end when Washington was out of timeouts was worth trying. Basically it was one play to end the game, and I think it was worth the risk. In college these days, punting and trying to pin a team back doesn't seem to guarantee anything. These teams just seem to be able to score regardless of the time remaining.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
USC gave up 243 yards total tonight and forced several punts. Their defense is bad but this loss is on Williams and his inability to diagnose the zone blitz.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom