We need to OWN the GARDEN | Page 4 | The Boneyard

We need to OWN the GARDEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
O.K., I just bought two for Friday night. Section 224, Row 19 for an absurd $350 each. But it is what it is. If UConn fans ever, for self preservation, needed to show the world that we move the needle in Metro New York, it's right now. So this is an investment, as well as wanting to be there.

It will be the first time I've been to MSG since the 11 squad cut down the nets, with the fans chanting to Kemba "one more year" and his parents chanting back "NBA"

For someone so self righteous about other people turning out, you've missed several UConn games at the Garden since then.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
For some of you that are almost ready to pull the trigger on tickets, I would suggest to do so before the unc Iowa st game ends. Obviously there will be more buyers in several hours.

Reaction Score
For someone so self righteous about other people turning out, you've missed several UConn games at the Garden since then.

Self Righteous? People get to do what they have to do. I can't tell people what they can afford in time or funds. I don't think I do. I certainly don't think one has to be able to afford $350 a train fair to be a good fan.

Reaction Score
I dont see buzzlaw with a gun to peoples head. Everyone is excited about this and a big turnout at MSG cannot hurt things. I dont always agree with what he has to offer, but I think that his excitement and encouragement to have all attend is a great thing.

Reaction Score
Watch out with electronic tickets because the seller can keep making copies of the same ticket and sell them

If true in this case, than it's a good reason to get to the stadium early and make sure you're the one to check in first

Reaction Score
This morning I picked up a set of four in section 316 (Bridge) for $235 ($299 with fees). These same tickets were in the $160 range on Friday night. If UNC wins you can expect them to possibly double. Get them now!

Reaction Score
Meant to add... UNC friend already called us for tickets and he's willing to pay up to $1K/ticket. These tickets are going to be so out of control by tomorrow morning. My client manages investments for a few celeb athletes and can usually fanangle any sports tix he wants. No one's coming through for Friday night so far.

Reaction Score
UNC lost, lots of tickets now available for under $300, just checked Razor Gator (7:50 PM). I assume the UNC fans are flooding the market

Reaction Score
UNC lost, lots of tickets now available for under $300, just checked Razor Gator (7:50 PM). I assume the UNC fans are flooding the market
whats not listed is the $65 per ticket 'connection fee'

Reaction Score
whats not listed is the $65 per ticket 'connection fee'

True, but the same seats were $400-$700 during the UNC game, once UNC lost, tickets hit the market. You may want to try ebay or others.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@EditorEdge: @jasonrmcintyre Crowd a non-factor IMO. UConn fan base not as rabid as it once was. ISU travels in every sport...they'll be plenty loud.

Reaction Score
True, but the same seats were $400-$700 during the UNC game, once UNC lost, tickets hit the market. You may want to try ebay or others.
Yeah i grabbed mine on ebay this morning for $230 each. Just keeping my eye out for other deals. Friday is gonna stay expensive because i expect either Virginia or Memphis will travel well.

Reaction Score
@EditorEdge: @jasonrmcintyre Crowd a non-factor IMO. UConn fan base not as rabid as it once was. ISU travels in every sport...they'll be plenty loud.
I agree, I've been monitoring sites and the prices are going up as we speak

Reaction Score
Yeah i grabbed mine on ebay this morning for $230 each. Just keeping my eye out for other deals. Friday is gonna stay expensive because i expect either Virginia or Memphis will travel well.
Grabbed mine this morning too, also paid $230. I was kicking myself because I could have gotten the same seats for $150 after the game on Friday night.

Reaction Score
We'll see. It's been a long time since we've been in the Garden for a meaningful game that our fans thought we had a chance for. Many were deflated going into the BET as a 9 seed in 2011. Probably 2009. And I thin we showed very well in the 6OT game, if I remember right.

I'll say, I think we will own the place this Friday.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The 2011 BE Final against Louisville was a UCONN home game. I expect that ISU will have about 3-4K in the stands (I think a respectable amount) and the remaining seats will be UCONN.

Reaction Score
I went to the Indiana game and I would say over half of the fans were Indiana fans.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Michigan State travels well right?
All the top BIG teams travel well - MSU, Michigan, Ohio St, Wisconsin, etc all travel ridiculously well.
In 05 I went to the Maui Invitational with some friends who all come from Wisconsin. After the bball tourney we went to Honolulu to see Wisconsin play Hawaii in football - a regular season game and the place looked to be about 50% Wisconsin fans. They have huge Wisconsin alum pregame events and such. Amazing how well they travel.

It's a culture UConn really needs to show in NYC this coming weekend. We really need to show how much we're willing to support our teams.

Reaction Score
The median household income in Ames IA is $36,000. Tickets for the weekend are minimum $500, hotels for two nights another $300 and flights are minimum $600. so fans would have to spend about 5% of their average after-tax income on average to go to MSG.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
B1G and B12 have plenty of alumni in NYC area. Many won't have to travel that far at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom