Way too early prognostication of 2014-2015 roster/starters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Way too early prognostication of 2014-2015 roster/starters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'll predict we land Perkins and recruit X (Abu, Robinson, or Black). Sadly, I'll say Pascal chooses PC.

PG: Perkins, Samuel
SG: Calhoun, Purvis
SF: Hamilton, Tolksdorf
PF: Nolan, Recruit X
C: Facey, Brimah

Purvis will get starter minutes off the bench playing both PG and SG.

agree except perkins starting, i think RP gets a shot at pg but it doesn't work out and he becomes the 6 man. but thats only if he fails at pg

Reaction Score
agree except perkins starting, i think RP gets a shot at pg but it doesn't work out and he becomes the 6 man. but thats only if he fails at pg

I don't think RP has a PG mentality. At best, he can fill in for stretches & pass the ball, like Gordon did a while back. Running an offense is not RP's strength. RP basically said he wants to handle the ball more than he did at NC State, which he'll get the freedom to do at UConn. He's looking to be more than a catch & shoot guy. He wants to get creative.

Reaction Score
I think that it is more likely that Nolan will remain at the 5 and Facey will play at the 4

I don't think there's a meaningful distinction, except I will say that if both of them are starting, something has gone horribly wrong. That's not the kind of offense KO wants to run. His 4 will be Calhoun's traditional NBA-sized 3's.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I don't think there's a meaningful distinction, except I will say that if both of them are starting, something has gone horribly wrong. That's not the kind of offense KO wants to run. His 4 will be Calhoun's traditional NBA-sized 3's.

I've heard others suggest that. Have you actually heard or read about him saying that? I wonder if it is true or a reflection of his making the best of what he had to work with last year. For example, if he had a rapidly developing Chukwu and Abu in 2 years, do you really think that they would not be starting/playing a lot? It would be/could be a difficult problem if we also signed another elite level wing player. A nice problem to have, to be sure, if KO could keep the players focused on the team ("ten toes in").

Reaction Score
I've heard others suggest that. Have you actually heard or read about him saying that? I wonder if it is true or a reflection of his making the best of what he had to work with last year. For example, if he had a rapidly developing Chukwu and Abu in 2 years, do you really think that they would not be starting/playing a lot? It would be/could be a difficult problem if we also signed another elite level wing player. A nice problem to have, to be sure, if KO could keep the players focused on the team ("ten toes in").

Let me amend that: if both Facey and Nolan are starting, then something has gone horribly wrong in terms of the talent we're (not) bringing in.

Separately, I'd say I'd be surprised if KO went with a 2-post offense, instead of the 2-PG, 2-wing, 1 post offense we ran last year and will likely run this year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
this is why its too early, we need to see what recruits we do pull before deciding what our roster would look like. on a separate note if RB is still here in 2014, would you rather have him our purvis starting at the 1? even if we do pull a big name pg i still don't think he starts over boatright or purvis because of their experience

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
as of right now, nolan would start over anyone at pf in 2014-2015

pg-boatright-terrence
sg-calhoun-purvis
sf-hamilton-leon
pf-nolan- recruit x
c- facey-brima(sp?)

i'm not just going to assume were going to land players. thought for sure wed get ahmed hill and now were off his list. recruiting is weird and we could end up with anyone. no matter who starts were for the bigs we still need one more player to round out the backups

BTW if we have this line up in 2014 we will be unstoppable on paper. especially if we land a great big (Abu,PC,Turner,GO,Black, or whatever other big name bigs we're after)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom