Way too early prognostication of 2014-2015 roster/starters | The Boneyard

Way too early prognostication of 2014-2015 roster/starters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I've been trying to look to the future after what I hope is an excellent season - I'm really under the belief that this upcoming year has the potential to be a final 4 caliber run, with perhaps the best backcourt in the country. At a minimum, we'll be able to play anyone and win, with obvious need for someone down low to step up and give some kind of offensive option, or at least average 5 rebounds a game.

So with that being said, we know that a number of people will be gone, either from draft or graduate attrition. Those are below:

Ryan Boatright 6-0/160 Guard JR
DeAndre Daniels 6-8/195 Forward JR
Niels Giffey 6-7/205 Guard/Forward SR
Shabazz Napier 6-1/171 Guard SR
Tyler Olander 6-9/225 Forward SR
Lasan Kromah 6-5/207 Guard
GS

So, for the following 2014-2015 season, I'm making one small additional hypothetical, based on the chatter in recruiting land about expectations of whom we will land, that being that Devin Robinson will make his way to Storrs. The way I see it, the 2014-2015 roster will look like this, with likely one additional recruit to join on board (feel free to add in anyone you think that may be from the list of 2014 offers we have out there):

NAME HT/WT POSITION YR/CLASS
Brendan Allen 6-3/187 Guard SR
Omar Calhoun 6-5/192 Guard JR
Phillip Nolan 6-9/203 Forward JR
Leon Tolksdorf 6-8/220 Forward JR
Kentan Facey 6-9/195 Forward SO
Terrance Samuel 6-3/175 Guard SO
Amida Brimah 6-11/215 Forward SO
Rodney Purvis 6-3/190 Guard RS SO
Daniel Hamilton 6-6/175 Guard FR
Devin Robinson 6-8/180 Forward FR

The way I see it, our starting lineup will look like this:
1 - Rodney Purvis/Terrance Samuel
2 - Omar Calhoun
3 - Daniel Hamilton/Leon Tolksdorf
4 - Devin Robinson/Kentan Facey
5 - Amida Brimah/Phil Nolan

You can argue that Facey & Nolan are pretty interchangeable at the 4/5, so no idea how they truly land, but just based on what we've seen so far & highlight videos, I'd think if we're going for more power/low post play you'd have Facey @ 4 and Brimah at 5, and in a fast paced, up and down small but long, you'd see a Robinson/Nolan combo. One thing to note is we'd be starting two freshman in this scenario. Hamilton I don't think anyone would be concerned over, but Robinson may need some refining.

If I'm missing anyone, which I very well could have, let me know. Curious to know what the more informed think about how we'll be looking in the future beyond next year.

End really long 1st boneyard post.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Tolksdorf will likely transfer if he doesn't get playing time this season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tolksdorf will likely transfer if he doesn't get EARN playing time this season.
Corrected to more accurately reflect what should determine his PT this year... ;)

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Way too early is right. end thread.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Corrected to more accurately reflect what should determine his PT this year... ;)
I thought he earned at least some playing time last season after the Villanova game. He hit two clutch 3's in a row to bring us back, grabbed a huge rebound that led to a break, and played great defense. Then we never saw him again. He played in the final game, only because everyone was injured.

With Wolf gone, Niels gone, and DHam coming in, he's gone.

Reaction Score
Why do you have Brimah on there as a starter over Facey and Nolan?

No specific reason - I believe there will be a solid rotation there, and I think Nolan from a size/play perspective fits a bit better at the 4. Brimah could very well be the backside of that depth, going Nolan, Facey, Brimah, but I think he'll have playing time and is clearly the only true 5 we would have on the roster there.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
as of right now, nolan would start over anyone at pf in 2014-2015

pg-boatright-terrence
sg-calhoun-purvis
sf-hamilton-leon
pf-nolan- recruit x
c- facey-brima(sp?)

i'm not just going to assume were going to land players. thought for sure wed get ahmed hill and now were off his list. recruiting is weird and we could end up with anyone. no matter who starts were for the bigs we still need one more player to round out the backups

Reaction Score
No. For some reason, we're trying to have a meaningful debate about a future roster that currently includes three players (one of which being Leon Tolksdorf) who have ever worn a Uconn uniform.

What is Summertime on the Boneyard?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Who knows though. This (for whatever reason) is a 2014/15 forecast. A sophomore 'Mida with a year of D1 and weights might be our best 5 given his size and athleticism. And I say that on record that Phil is going to take a huge step forward next year. Phil has that tick tock. I think he'll leave a beloved husky.

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Who knows though. This (for whatever reason) is a 2014/15 forecast. A sophomore 'Mida with a year of D1 and weights might be our best 5 given his size and athleticism. And I say that on record that Phil is going to take a huge step forward next year. Phil has that tick tock. I think he'll leave a beloved husky.
Completely agree. Talked to him at my orientation and he was confident in himself and the team, really cool guy.

Reaction Score
I'll predict we land Perkins and recruit X (Abu, Robinson, or Black). Sadly, I'll say Pascal chooses PC.

PG: Perkins, Samuel
SG: Calhoun, Purvis
SF: Hamilton, Tolksdorf
PF: Nolan, Recruit X
C: Facey, Brimah

Purvis will get starter minutes off the bench playing both PG and SG.

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
I'll predict we land Perkins and recruit X (Abu, Robinson, or Black). Sadly, I'll say Pascal chooses PC.

PG: Perkins, Samuel
SG: Calhoun, Purvis
SF: Hamilton, Tolksdorf
PF: Nolan, Recruit X
C: Facey, Brimah

Purvis will get starter minutes off the bench playing both PG and SG.

Why are you confident on Perkins? From what I hear, he's cooling down on us.

Reaction Score
Why are you confident on Perkins? From what I hear, he's cooling down on us.

Just curious, where are you hearing that he is cooling down on us?

Reaction Score
I see most of the board is high on Perkins.. Rightfully so! But I dont think Purvis is looking to be anybodys back-up in 2014. He'll definitely have enough time to develop, learn with the best of 'em...

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Just curious, where are you hearing that he is cooling down on us?

Just talk on other threads, some mentioning that he wanted to stay on the west coast. 247 sports has him "cool" on us and "warmer" on UCLA.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think that it is more likely that Nolan will remain at the 5 and Facey will play at the 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom