Watching Baylor vs Texas | The Boneyard

Watching Baylor vs Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I hate to say this about two highly ranked teams but..... the posts on both of these teams aside from Nina Davis are probably the most unathletic post players I have ever seen. My goodness who is developing these players? You can't tell the Seniors from the Freshman out there.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Weird game. Texas has been ranked high all year but in this game they were running around like their hair wass on fire. Baylor started out really physical with Mulkey working the refs like crazy. May have had a hand in knocking TX off their game. Then Baylor kept running their stuff while TX looked out of whack and slowly pulled away throughout the game.

Reaction Score
A real beat-down. Texas is soft. They don't deserve their ranking, and definitely don't deserve that #5 Preview thing they got tonight.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The Texas men's basketball and football teams have fared far better against the Bears than they have against Baylor's wbb team this academic year. What can anyone say?

Reaction Score
Texas' center is far from unatheletic. Her post game is terrible but she is fast, quick and jump for a 6'7" woman.

I hate to say this about two highly ranked teams but..... the posts on both of these teams aside from Nina Davis are probably the most unathletic post players I have ever seen. My goodness who is developing these players? You can't tell the Seniors from the Freshman out there.

Reaction Score
Texas has had offensive problems all year. It is incredible that so many top 10 HS girls can not shoot.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UT"s offensive problem was Baylor" defense last night.

Baylor has an incredible post rotation that will only get better with Cox joining Davis, Brown and Mompremier. Cave is likely the odd-player out next season based on the glimpses I've seen of Cox. She adds a face-up game that the current players don't. And Wallace is getting better and better and will team with Prince, Johnson and Chou plus incoming PG Landrum. Hopefully Gulley will return healthy. Teams better be ready when they take the floor with Baylor next year!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Texas' center is far from unatheletic. Her post game is terrible but she is fast, quick and jump for a 6'7" woman.
You completely contradicted yourself... if the latter was true the former would not be the case.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Despite their cupcake preconference schedule, I've felt from the beginning that Baylor would be there at the end.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Despite their cupcake preconference schedule, I've felt from the beginning that Baylor would be there at the end.
I had them pre-season in the FF then I switched to Maryland... now its all about tourney match ups so we shall see.

Reaction Score
I had them pre-season in the FF then I switched to Maryland... now its all about tourney match ups so we shall see.

Maryland is 2-3 vs top 25 teams. If you want to see a cupcake schedule look at Maryland

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
UT"s offensive problem was Baylor" defense last night.

Baylor has an incredible post rotation that will only get better with Cox joining Davis, Brown and Mompremier. Cave is likely the odd-player out next season based on the glimpses I've seen of Cox. She adds a face-up game that the current players don't. And Wallace is getting better and better and will team with Prince, Johnson and Chou plus incoming PG Landrum. Hopefully Gulley will return healthy. Teams better be ready when they take the floor with Baylor next year!

Your game with Tennessee next year is looking like a slaughter... Is the game in Waco?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You completely contradicted yourself... if the latter was true the former would not be the case.
?
Far from unathletic would mean she is athletic. Being fast, quick, and able to jump is being athletic.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
?
Far from unathletic would mean she is athletic. Being fast, quick, and able to jump is being athletic.
To clarify..... she's not athletic. Certainly not in the sense you would think given she is a senior on a Top 10 basketball team. I saw nothing to suggest she was a great leaper and certainly nothing to suggest she had any quickness. To be perfectly honest the number of travels she got was directly due to the fact that she was slow to make a decision most of the time. If you watch the entire game and removed Nina Davis. I guarantee you could tell the seniors from the freshman on EITHER team.

Last edited:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Maryland is 2-3 vs top 25 teams. If you want to see a cupcake schedule look at Maryland
Frese said she made her schedule that way because of all the coaching changes she had this year. What's Mulkey's excuse? Not to mention I think the best out of conference team Baylor has played is DePaul while Maryland obviously played UConn and played them well.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Frese said she made her schedule that way because of all the coaching changes she had this year. What's Mulkey's excuse? Not to mention I think the best out of conference team Baylor has played is DePaul while Maryland obviously played UConn and played them well.

Baylor just beat the number 6 team in the nation by 26 points. UCONN just beat the number 20 team by 20 points. What is Geno's excuse for not having his team better prepared at this point in the season? I didn't see Baylor trailing Texas at halftime like UCONN did South Florida.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Baylor just beat the number 6 team in the nation by 26 points. UCONN just beat the number 20 team by 20 points. What is Geno's excuse for not having his team better prepared at this point in the season? I didn't see Baylor trailing Texas at halftime like UCONN did South Florida.

They beat the #6 team but Texas sure didn't look like it in this game. Incredible how many point blank shots they missed. USF played REAL well in the first half against us. And in particular shot well even though they were defended. Anything can happen on any given night but I suppose that might be the point you're trying to make?

Reaction Score

Transitive logic doesn't work in sports analogies. There are too many variables involved. So, just because Texas was 6 points worse than South Florida, doesn't make Baylor 6 points better than UConn. Perhaps you are just being sarcastic and ignoring the comparative domination for the entire season of UConn as contrasted to Baylor. I do hope they get to play each other in the final four; if Baylor can get there.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Transitive logic doesn't work in sports analogies. There are too many variables involved. So, just because Texas was 6 points worse than South Florida, doesn't make Baylor 6 points better than UConn. Perhaps you are just being sarcastic and ignoring the comparative domination for the entire season of UConn as contrasted to Baylor. I do hope they get to play each other in the final four; if Baylor can get there.

I am pointing out the fact that the "Baylor has a weak non-conference schedule" theme has proven to be a non-factor, yet some want to continue to hold onto that argument. Mulkey got her team ready her way, and it has worked. Give the woman the credit she is due.

Reaction Score
She got them ready by getting to two Elite 8's losing to Notre Dame each of these past two seasons.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am pointing out the fact that the "Baylor has a weak non-conference schedule" theme has proven to be a non-factor, yet some want to continue to hold onto that argument. Mulkey got her team ready her way, and it has worked. Give the woman the credit she is due.
Watch out or someone will look at that OOC and see the MOV against a certain Florida team and conclude that Uconn would likely beat Baylor by 17! :cool:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She got them ready by getting to two Elite 8's losing to Notre Dame each of these past two seasons.

And she lost to Notre Dame because they had more talent. That is usually who wins games, the team with the most talent.

When was the last time that Notre Dame won a championship? I guess McGraw doesn't know how to get her team ready, either.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I'm confused as to what your post has to do with mine?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
They beat the #6 team but Texas sure didn't look like it in this game. Incredible how many point blank shots they missed. USF played REAL well in the first half against us. And in particular shot well even though they were defended. Anything can happen on any given night but I suppose that might be the point you're trying to make?
There wasn't a point being made.... at least not one I could decipher.

Reaction Score
If the current "lock" seedings hold, and if Baylor (#4) and UCONN (#1) go chalk through the tourney, then we will get to see them settle this head-to-head in Indy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom