Watch Tenn vs. Albany LIve | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Watch Tenn vs. Albany LIve

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

Reaction Score
With 17% of the regular season over, when does "it's very early" end?
Oh, no rush.

But like the exit sign in a theater, it might be good for TN fans just to be aware where this is.

panic-button-2-270x167.jpg

Reaction Score
I thought Diamond was supposed to be "shovel ready" (to use the term improperly) for this year....... hitting the ground running.... she had a whole year being around and (I think) practicing with the team...... and I thought the rust should be gone by now......

Maybe she is more injured than she is saying......

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
A quote from Diamond.
k forward to Texas."

(On taking a charge in the final minutes of the game)
"I think that's something to be excited about. I feel like the more I do, the more comfortable I am on the floor. I wouldn't have taken a charge in my first game. I'm getting a lot more comfortable doing things that my body is used to doing - jumping, sprinting. I know on the transition with [Mercedes Russell], I hadn't run that fast in a really long time. The more I do, it's something that I'm really excited about - just pushing myself, stretching my potential every day. [Taking] the charge is growth for me."
you're doing DD no justice with that comment on this board lol

Reaction Score
It is very early, but in looking at TN year to date stats, a troubling sign for me is that Diamond at this stages is looking very much like Diamond as a freshman - she is #1 in FGA attempts while shooting .321 from the field, or worse then all but the two players at the end of the bench and she is second in 3pt attempts while shooting .211. Those are very similar to her freshman year stats and are not conducive to an efficient offense.
Can the coaching staff at TN teach her what are good shots and the ability to pull out of an offensive move and reset to develop a better shot? If not she will remain exciting and inefficient.
It is a similar issue that Moriah needed to learn - when to use her blazing speed and when to slow down and let better offense develop.
Unless she has a coach that can reign her in, Diamond will always be ball stopping, volume shooter.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If you really wanna rub it in you could mention that Penn State lost to previously 0-4 CS Northridge Friday night. Brianna Banks still out, incidentally.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It is very early, but in looking at TN year to date stats, a troubling sign for me is that Diamond at this stages is looking very much like Diamond as a freshman - she is #1 in FGA attempts while shooting .321 from the field, or worse then all but the two players at the end of the bench and she is second in 3pt attempts while shooting .211. Those are very similar to her freshman year stats and are not conducive to an efficient offense.
Can the coaching staff at TN teach her what are good shots and the ability to pull out of an offensive move and reset to develop a better shot?
Two words - Meighan Simmons. Letting someone be a volume shooter seems to be part of the Tenn coaching staff's offensive plan.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Two words - Meighan Simmons. Letting someone be a volume shooter seems to be part of the Tenn coaching staff's offensive plan.

A casual or mean-spirited reader might read your comment and conclude that the
plan is utterly disagreeable rather than merely an ill-conceived strategy for the LadyVols to apply when in possession of the ball.

Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Simmons was an on court basketball volume shooter at Tennessee. Tennessee also practices volume shooting in off court basketball. Just look at the number of complaints they filed against Geno and Uconn hoping one would click. Volume shooting is omnipresent in Knoxville Basketball both on and off the court.

Reaction Score
So my question is - if she is not 100% healthy, then why is she playing? And I'm not being sarcastic, I really would like to know.

To me, it makes no sense for her to play when not at 100%. Diamond could reinjure herself and be out for a longer period. When dealing with a person's physical well being, you don't take chances. This calls into question who is making this and other decisions?

Seriously?

Because it appears that Natalie Butler will be playing in two days, earlier than expected and with a splint for the rest of the season. That would seem to be less than 100%.

It's likely that both Kaleena Mosquesda-Lewis (elbow) and Morgan Tuck (knees) were less than 100% during some parts of the last two seasons.

Three years ago Stefanie Dolson played with a stress fracture (or reaction?) in one leg and plantar fascitus in the other for the later weeks of the NCAA Tournament. I have to think that she was at significantly less than 100%.

Caroline "Bang Bang" Doty, later also known as "CD the younger" played through a series of ACL tears en route to a couple of National Championships...I doubt she was at ever at 100% the entire time she was here.

Diana Taurasi played most of her senior season with a nagging back injury, yet she was out there every night, willing the team to victory despite her pain and leading UConn to its first three-peat National Championship. She was certainly less than 100%...but still good enough, as were Brittany Hunter (knees). Rebecca Lobo (thumb), Nicole Wolff (knees./stress fractures), Kiersten Walters (knees/shoulder), Shea Ralph (everything), and so many others.

I guess this really does "call{s} into question who is making this and other decisions" - we should find out who that was and when we, do, he should be held accountable....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I was trying to be diplomatic and not make that specific comparison, though I was definitely thinking it when I made the post! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom